Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HM gets the nod 15:24 - May 13 with 775 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United have announced the following:

"Hayden Mullins has been appointed as the new Head Coach at Colchester United

Colchester United are pleased to announce that Hayden Mullins has been appointed as the club's new Head Coach.

Hayden was installed on an interim basis with eight matches of the 20/21 season remaining, and gained twelve points to move the U’s clear of the threat of relegation out of the EFL.

He joined Colchester United at the beginning of the 20/21 campaign as Steve Ball’s number two, before continuing that role under Wayne Brown following Ball’s departure as Head Coach in February."

Good news

I would imagine that PT has left the club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM gets the nod on 15:40 - May 13 with 764 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I will pretty much always support the manager/head coach and I hope Mullins does a great job for us however his 12 points from eight games is one point less than Ball managed from his first eight games. The three wins all came at home against two of the worst teams in the division and the other was against a team that had 10 men for over an hour. Also the fans have been crying out for an experienced manager but yet seem strangely happy with this decision given that he's managed less than 15 games in his whole career. Perception, it's funny thing eh?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

HM gets the nod on 17:09 - May 13 with 735 viewsburnsieespana

Time will tell but never forget how successful a certain Smith and Parkinson were with little or no experience!
HM gets the nod on 17:31 - May 13 with 723 viewsRSCOSWORTH

HM gets the nod on 17:09 - May 13 by burnsieespana

Time will tell but never forget how successful a certain Smith and Parkinson were with little or no experience!

Don't worry, I haven't. Just think it's funny that the same fans that were calling for Ball to be sacked and an experienced manager appointed are now happy that Mullins has got the job. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Be interesting to see who his assistant is.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

HM gets the nod (n/t) (n/t) on 18:10 - May 13 with 706 viewsbwildered

Surprised, no.
But does he now conform to the Chairman’s philosophy of “ The Colchester Way “,which seems to have been abandoned in the U’s fight for survival.
The difference between the present and Smith & Parky, is that they signed there own players, where has the job no falls to the recruitment department.

[Post edited 13 May 2021 18:26]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

HM gets the nod on 20:31 - May 13 with 672 viewsburnsieespana

We shall have to wait and see.
More interesting to me is who will be HM's assistant.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 20:32]
HM gets the nod on 20:31 - May 13 with 672 viewsthrillseeker

I'm not overly happy with this appointment but as always will initially support a new a manager 100% in the hope they prove me wrong.

I do have concerns though
[Post edited 13 May 2021 20:32]
HM gets the nod on 21:06 - May 13 with 646 viewsLeadbelly

HM gets the nod on 15:40 - May 13 by RSCOSWORTH

I will pretty much always support the manager/head coach and I hope Mullins does a great job for us however his 12 points from eight games is one point less than Ball managed from his first eight games. The three wins all came at home against two of the worst teams in the division and the other was against a team that had 10 men for over an hour. Also the fans have been crying out for an experienced manager but yet seem strangely happy with this decision given that he's managed less than 15 games in his whole career. Perception, it's funny thing eh?

Ball inherited the majority of a squad that reached the play offs the previous season. Mullins took over when that squad had failed to win a game for eons, were bereft of confidence and staring at relegation. I think Mullins(and Tisdale) did better than Ball and then Brown managed and hope(rather than expect) he can build on that next season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

HM gets the nod on 07:51 - May 14 with 605 viewsGOSBTS

Pleased for HM on a personal level. It must have been an extremely tough season for him to see people depart as the season progressed in the downwards spiral. He lost Ball and Brown, not to mention Norris and Bramall’s departure. He had an unenviable task but managed to steady the ship and keep us afloat when we looked in serious danger of going down.

However, my fear is that so often appointing the man who swooped in to keep a club up so often ends in tears. I know nothing of a football dressing room but I can imagine how the right man can rally the troops for 10 games, with the objective of staying up. However, players can only play “back to the walls” football for so long. HM kept us up, no more, no less. As RSCOSWORTH pointed out, we didn’t suddenly shoot up the table with his arrival. We ground out the necessary number of points, but we can’t play that way for 46 games next season.

I hope my fears turn out to be wrong of course. I think we could do a lot worse than signing the Ipswich trio of Chambers, Skuse and Sears. Chambers and Skuse are best friends off the pitch and at 35 could offer excellent experience on a one year deal. It was only a couple of years ago that both were regular starters in the Championship. Chambers also played both CB and RB this season, versitility that would be very useful. Skuse would add experience in the middle of the park. Sears is still only 31 and would be an excellent addition up front. He’s been plagued with injuries but if we manage his health and game time well, he could be very handy in this league. We have a heck of a lot of youth in the squad, so experience would complement this.

Of course, we do need to look at signing a couple of League 1/2 calibre players who are in their prime, a bit like Pell when we signed him from Cheltenham.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 7:52]
Login to get fewer ads

HM gets the nod on 10:32 - May 14 with 576 viewsMadeira163

With the list just published looks like he’ll get to sign his own players !!
HM gets the nod on 10:36 - May 14 with 572 viewsburnsieespana

Just thinking the same! Going to be a vastly different team and maybe very different how we play.
HM gets the nod on 21:24 - May 14 with 533 viewswessex_exile

Definitely pleased for Hayden Mullins - he was tasked with a single purpose, keep us up...and he did. That's enough in my estimation to earn him the chance to carry on next season. I would imagine that does mean Tis will be off to other things, which is a shame but certainly not a surprise. I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'm very grateful for all the help he's provided during his short stay - definitely welcome back if he ever fancies it!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

HM gets the nod on 22:32 - May 14 with 518 viewsLeadbelly

HM gets the nod on 21:24 - May 14 by wessex_exile

Definitely pleased for Hayden Mullins - he was tasked with a single purpose, keep us up...and he did. That's enough in my estimation to earn him the chance to carry on next season. I would imagine that does mean Tis will be off to other things, which is a shame but certainly not a surprise. I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'm very grateful for all the help he's provided during his short stay - definitely welcome back if he ever fancies it!

Tisdale not longer at the club according to the Gazette

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

HM gets the nod on 22:44 - May 14 with 515 viewsdurham_exile

HM gets the nod on 22:32 - May 14 by Leadbelly

Tisdale not longer at the club according to the Gazette

PT did what he needed to and we can thank him for that.

It was understood that he would then walk away. he has the relevant experience at this level and I am sure wants to manage a club in his own right again.

Good luck to him and well done for helping to keep us up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024