Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro's 20:06 - Jun 1 with 2599 viewsburnsieespana

Thoughts?
Euro's on 21:40 - Jun 1 with 2104 viewswessex_exile

Typical England, semis at best I reckon, but no further. Love to be wrong, but I’ll be very pleasantly surprised if I am. Doesn’t change my support, which is almost always unconditional - apart from the two crooks as manager - I’ll leave you to assume who I mean.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Euro's on 21:50 - Jun 1 with 2097 viewsLeadbelly

Euro's on 21:40 - Jun 1 by wessex_exile

Typical England, semis at best I reckon, but no further. Love to be wrong, but I’ll be very pleasantly surprised if I am. Doesn’t change my support, which is almost always unconditional - apart from the two crooks as manager - I’ll leave you to assume who I mean.

Big Sam and Very Untenables?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Euro's on 22:57 - Jun 1 with 2085 viewsdurham_exile

England to win.

Time for my meds.

But seriously we have such a wretched record in this competition and must turn it around sooner or later.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Euro's on 09:15 - Jun 2 with 2059 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 21:50 - Jun 1 by Leadbelly

Big Sam and Very Untenables?

Haha - I count El Tel as a wideboy rather than full-on crook. T’other one I was thinking about was your Mr Revie.

Up the U's

Euro's on 16:51 - Jun 4 with 2011 viewsbwildered

Does not seem like a major tournament on the horizon, due to no host country, with group games being dotted all over Europe. With final being played at Wembley, odds good in England not progressing passed quarters, we’re they have to play a decent side they meet.
There’s always the new sport of crickets Hundred to marvel over, with a rich vein of players wearing adverting shirts and total stupid team names to get excited about.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 18:20]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Euro's on 18:03 - Jun 4 with 2003 viewsLeadbelly

Euro's on 16:51 - Jun 4 by bwildered

Does not seem like a major tournament on the horizon, due to no host country, with group games being dotted all over Europe. With final being played at Wembley, odds good in England not progressing passed quarters, we’re they have to play a decent side they meet.
There’s always the new sport of crickets Hundred to marvel over, with a rich vein of players wearing adverting shirts and total stupid team names to get excited about.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 18:20]

I’ll continue watching real cricket instead...but not today unfortunately.

Euro's on 17:30 - Jun 8 with 1955 viewsmfb_cufc

England are 5-1 for the Euros. For those who don't understand betting; If you bet £10 at 5-1, you'll lose £10.

mfb

Euro's on 18:36 - Jun 8 with 1941 viewsLeadbelly

Euro's on 17:30 - Jun 8 by mfb_cufc

England are 5-1 for the Euros. For those who don't understand betting; If you bet £10 at 5-1, you'll lose £10.

Sound advice for the terminally optimistic

Login to get fewer ads

Euro's on 18:17 - Jun 12 with 1876 viewswessex_exile

Terrible scenes in Copenhagen, after Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch, and after lengthy treatment (including what looked like CPR and a defibrillator), has been stretchered off. Match has been abandoned.

Whatever your faith, creed or religion, pray for Christian Eriksen tonight.

Up the U's

Euro's on 19:18 - Jun 12 with 1852 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 18:17 - Jun 12 by wessex_exile

Terrible scenes in Copenhagen, after Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch, and after lengthy treatment (including what looked like CPR and a defibrillator), has been stretchered off. Match has been abandoned.

Whatever your faith, creed or religion, pray for Christian Eriksen tonight.

Tweeted by the Finnish FA "Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition is stable. The thoughts of the Finnish men's A national team, the Finnish Football Association and the Finnish football family are with Eriksen, his relatives and the Danish team."

Both teams want to continue, and the match will restart on 41 minutes, at 1930.

Up the U's

Euro's on 22:54 - Jun 12 with 1832 viewsdurham_exile

Euro's on 19:18 - Jun 12 by wessex_exile

Tweeted by the Finnish FA "Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition is stable. The thoughts of the Finnish men's A national team, the Finnish Football Association and the Finnish football family are with Eriksen, his relatives and the Danish team."

Both teams want to continue, and the match will restart on 41 minutes, at 1930.

Regardless of whether the players of both teams were content to play it was the wrong decision.

The option of tomorrow would have been better (but still not ideal).

A draw would have been the better result. The Denmark players would never have been in the right frame of mind.

Still as long as Christian Eriksen is on the mend that is the important thing.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Euro's on 00:10 - Jun 13 with 1828 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 22:54 - Jun 12 by durham_exile

Regardless of whether the players of both teams were content to play it was the wrong decision.

The option of tomorrow would have been better (but still not ideal).

A draw would have been the better result. The Denmark players would never have been in the right frame of mind.

Still as long as Christian Eriksen is on the mend that is the important thing.

Up the U's

The decision was theirs to make, not ours, and I applaud them all for doing so. It was a brave decision, and I don’t doubt an incredibly difficult one to make, but I’m not going to challenge their right to make it, because frankly I don’t think we have the right to do so.

Best wishes to Christian, and his friends and family.

Up the U's

Euro's on 15:58 - Jun 13 with 1806 viewsLeadbelly

Good England performance. I appreciate I’m biased but Kalvin Phillips was excellent.

Euro's on 16:27 - Jun 13 with 1799 viewspwrightsknees

I was thinking that it was a mistake to play Sterling from the start. We should have played Rashford instead. Two minutes later, Sterling scored.

Then I was thinking that I was impressed with Foden's work rate. As I was thinking it, he got booked.

My chances of being England manager have always been non-existent, and obviously still are.
Euro's on 16:29 - Jun 13 with 1798 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 15:58 - Jun 13 by Leadbelly

Good England performance. I appreciate I’m biased but Kalvin Phillips was excellent.

Man of the Match as far as I'm concerned, and Sterling was magnificent too.

Up the U's

Euro's on 17:55 - Jun 13 with 1788 viewsgerry_us

Euro's on 16:29 - Jun 13 by wessex_exile

Man of the Match as far as I'm concerned, and Sterling was magnificent too.

Hmmm Not sure how Stirling got the ball so high over the bar from about ten yards out though. Ball last seen near Willesden!
Euro's on 18:11 - Jun 13 with 1785 viewsbwildered

Found the whole game quite tedious, England did a job., three points .

Euro's on 19:00 - Jun 13 with 1774 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 18:11 - Jun 13 by bwildered

Found the whole game quite tedious, England did a job., three points .

First 25-30 minutes were good, next half an hour definitely slower, but with the heat and Croatia sorting out their formation to cope it was probably inevitable. Not a blistering game by any stretch, but as you say, professions, did the job, and the goal was a lovely moove.

Just watched North Macedonia against Austria. A bit ragged at times, but I was impressed with North Macedonia's pace on the break and passing game. Not sure if it is even possible with the draw, but I'll be happy if we don't come up against them.

Up the U's

Euro's on 21:11 - Jun 13 with 1760 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 19:00 - Jun 13 by wessex_exile

First 25-30 minutes were good, next half an hour definitely slower, but with the heat and Croatia sorting out their formation to cope it was probably inevitable. Not a blistering game by any stretch, but as you say, professions, did the job, and the goal was a lovely moove.

Just watched North Macedonia against Austria. A bit ragged at times, but I was impressed with North Macedonia's pace on the break and passing game. Not sure if it is even possible with the draw, but I'll be happy if we don't come up against them.

Netherlands v Ukraine - I thought it was just lazy pronunciation of something like De Vries, but no, it really is Dumfries.

Up the U's

Euro's on 23:32 - Jun 13 with 1745 viewsdurham_exile

Whilst heartened by Christian Eriksen's improving condition. I was saddened to hear the Denmark manager tonight express his concern that they shouldn't have played the remaining minutes of the game last night.

It was the wrong decision and has probably cost Denmark any chance of progressing from the group.

The option was there to play today.

Durham_exile

Euro's on 07:21 - Jun 14 with 1732 viewsnoah4x4

I didn't watch the England v Croatia game and instead watched a disappointing display by Essex CCC in the T20 Blast, but there is still time to turn that poor start around. I have no enthusiasm for football when temperatures are 23°C +.

But as others have commented, I also have zero interest in the "Hundred" given the franchises have negligible affinity to my county or my local professional venue. If you want a Saturday afternoon alternative, please enjoy the free Live Stream broadcast, now with audio commentary, that I provide from all Colchester and East Essex Premiere League matches.

Last week's broadcast can be found at Colchester Play Cricket Results. The quality of cricket might surprise you. Current internationals, New Zealands Tom Blundell and Englands Ben Foakes and Dan Lawrence have all featured in recent seasons at this level. See https://colchesteree.play-cricket.com/website/results/4644099
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 7:36]
Euro's on 22:05 - Jun 14 with 1676 viewswessex_exile

Sweden 0 Spain 0, and I have to say a brilliantly disciplined performance by Sweden. They knew their opponents strengths, they knew exactly how to neutralise them, and got a thoroughly well-deserved point as a result.

Bra gjort Sverige!

Up the U's

Euro's on 20:25 - Jun 15 with 1632 viewsLeadbelly

Germany losing to France thanks to an OG. Tragic!

Euro's on 21:04 - Jun 15 with 1627 viewsbwildered

Why oh why cannot UEFA let teams play in their original coloured kits, has playing in one dominating colour losses the identity of the countries.

Euro's on 17:06 - Jun 22 with 1555 viewsbwildered

With third placed sides getting qualified, competition becomes a tepid affair until the quarters stage, with UEFA trying to keeping interest to a maximum longer.
Three lions, a draw would avoid a group of death opponent and almost inevitable elimination, sums the whole stage up really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024