Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro's 20:06 - Jun 1 with 2628 viewsburnsieespana

Thoughts?
Euro's on 22:32 - Jun 22 with 482 viewsghughes11

Euro's on 17:06 - Jun 22 by bwildered

With third placed sides getting qualified, competition becomes a tepid affair until the quarters stage, with UEFA trying to keeping interest to a maximum longer.
Three lions, a draw would avoid a group of death opponent and almost inevitable elimination, sums the whole stage up really.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

How come we don't get to play a 3rd place team after winning our group? Who decides these things.

Just go back to 4 groups of 4 - winners and runners up into the quarters - simples!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Euro's on 12:57 - Jun 23 with 445 viewsTheOldOakTree

Euro's on 22:32 - Jun 22 by ghughes11

Yeah, I don't get that either.

How come we don't get to play a 3rd place team after winning our group? Who decides these things.

Just go back to 4 groups of 4 - winners and runners up into the quarters - simples!

There will be six group winners, but only four third place teams to make up the final 16, so not every winner can get an 'easy' round.

Having said that, playing the third placed team from group F wouldn't make a lot of difference unless it's Hungary? Although I'm sure Hungary are more than capable of knocking us out.

I agree, 4 groups and straight into the quarters would get me more interested.
Euro's on 22:49 - Jun 23 with 417 viewsgerry_us

Bugger! Just our luck to meet Germany next when they have just gotten through by the skin of their teeth. They will have learnt something from tonight and will look to take it out on us!
Please let me be wrong
Euro's on 22:51 - Jun 23 with 414 viewsLeadbelly

Euro's on 22:49 - Jun 23 by gerry_us

Bugger! Just our luck to meet Germany next when they have just gotten through by the skin of their teeth. They will have learnt something from tonight and will look to take it out on us!
Please let me be wrong

Wouldn’t have fancied our chances against whoever finished second from that group.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Euro's on 22:55 - Jun 23 with 413 viewsdurham_exile

Euro's on 22:51 - Jun 23 by Leadbelly

Wouldn’t have fancied our chances against whoever finished second from that group.

If England are to win this competition Germany offers the sternest challenge after that it is plain sailing to the Final!!!!

Fixtures out at 0900hrs tomorrow

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Euro's on 23:51 - Jun 23 with 409 viewswessex_exile

Euro's on 22:55 - Jun 23 by durham_exile

If England are to win this competition Germany offers the sternest challenge after that it is plain sailing to the Final!!!!

Fixtures out at 0900hrs tomorrow

Up the U's

I have tremendous respect for Joachim Löw as an international football manager, his record is up there with the best. It’ll still be lovely to bring his German managerial career to an end with defeat to England at Wembley.

If it could be 4-2, all the better

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Euro's on 09:00 - Jun 24 with 392 viewsdurham_exile

Euro's on 23:51 - Jun 23 by wessex_exile

I have tremendous respect for Joachim Löw as an international football manager, his record is up there with the best. It’ll still be lovely to bring his German managerial career to an end with defeat to England at Wembley.

If it could be 4-2, all the better

I hear that the Assistants are Russian!

Bring it on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024