Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club United proposal 20:40 - Jun 8 with 3221 viewswessex_exile

Some of you may have seen on the OMB that a group of us are pulling together a proposal for Club United, which I wanted to flag up here in readiness, as it's gaining some traction with the club.

The original excellent proposal was from Coluphil, who thought spelling out "1937" in the North Stand in honour of our formation would help give the stadium some personal identity. Lofty came up with the idea that we could do so by swapping seats with the S3 white block in the South Stand to keep costs down (i.e. less new seats needed). So I threw together some suggestions for S3, ran a poll, and the idea of creating a stylised version of the Col U eagle was the preferred option.

SmithyD then did some inspiring Photoshop work to show what it would look like in the ground, and it is this (below) that we have put forward to the club. The club have indicated they like the idea, and are currently looking into the financials (e.g. new seats, labour to do the swap etc.) so the Club United proposal can be properly costed.

So this is just a heads-up that it will hopefully be appearing on Club United in due course, and if you like the idea we'd all appreciate it so much if you'd pledge your funds to support it.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Club United proposal on 23:01 - Jun 8 with 2209 viewsdurham_exile

I like the Eagle very much.

Not so keen on the 1937.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Club United proposal on 00:22 - Jun 9 with 2203 viewswessex_exile

Club United proposal on 23:01 - Jun 8 by durham_exile

Not so keen on the 1937.

Up the U's

Thanks for the feedback Durham. It’ll be a package proposal if it gets that far, so hopefully you can still support it.

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 10:44 - Jun 9 with 2171 viewsmfb_cufc

This is something I would be happy to vote for.

I think someone mentioned on the OMB they would be prepared to help with the labour. It is something I would be interested in. Could this help keep the cost down, or with health and safety as it is, would the job of moving seats have to be done by professionals.

mfb

Club United proposal on 10:50 - Jun 9 with 2169 viewspwrightsknees

More than pleased to support it
Club United proposal on 10:52 - Jun 9 with 2166 viewsMoor_Pinot

Club United proposal on 10:50 - Jun 9 by pwrightsknees

More than pleased to support it

Great idea! Love the 1937 gives sense of the club's history and journey.

Moor Pinot

Club United proposal on 12:30 - Jun 9 with 2153 viewsbwildered

Another idea would be directly behind the goal the seats are red ,so perhaps the new forward line might know what to shoot at, so perhaps have a large target red, white and blue !

But seriously excellent idea for the eagle in the South Stand, but no proposal in Club United in my dirt box . Might even join the posse to change seats if volunteers required.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Club United proposal on 12:47 - Jun 9 with 2150 viewswessex_exile

Club United proposal on 12:30 - Jun 9 by bwildered

Another idea would be directly behind the goal the seats are red ,so perhaps the new forward line might know what to shoot at, so perhaps have a large target red, white and blue !

But seriously excellent idea for the eagle in the South Stand, but no proposal in Club United in my dirt box . Might even join the posse to change seats if volunteers required.

LOL - we need these guys

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 13:27 - Jun 9 with 2143 viewsLeadbelly

Club United proposal on 12:47 - Jun 9 by wessex_exile

LOL - we need these guys

But not the Millwall fans who were at Luton in 1985…although they did remove seats very quickly.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Club United proposal on 13:28 - Jun 9 with 2143 viewswessex_exile

Club United proposal on 10:44 - Jun 9 by mfb_cufc

This is something I would be happy to vote for.

I think someone mentioned on the OMB they would be prepared to help with the labour. It is something I would be interested in. Could this help keep the cost down, or with health and safety as it is, would the job of moving seats have to be done by professionals.

Indeed some have, and I'd be happy to drive over myself to help out. However, I suspect in this modern world of 'elf and safety, that an army of willing supporters with spanners* would probably be an absolute no-no for fear someone doesn't tighten their nuts enough (ooh err missus), a seat collapses and a supporter gets injured - never mind the current social-distancing implications.

* for clarity, I don't mean U's Faithful bringing along their Ipswich Town supporting friends.

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 14:26 - Jun 9 with 2137 viewsLeadbelly

Club United proposal on 13:28 - Jun 9 by wessex_exile

Indeed some have, and I'd be happy to drive over myself to help out. However, I suspect in this modern world of 'elf and safety, that an army of willing supporters with spanners* would probably be an absolute no-no for fear someone doesn't tighten their nuts enough (ooh err missus), a seat collapses and a supporter gets injured - never mind the current social-distancing implications.

* for clarity, I don't mean U's Faithful bringing along their Ipswich Town supporting friends.

Best solution would be if there is a Us fan connected with a company that could do what is required...and do it at mate's rates.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Club United proposal on 09:29 - Jun 10 with 2104 viewsthrillseeker

I like the 1937
Club United proposal on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 2103 viewsDaniel

Love the 1937, but the eagle looks tacky. Nothing against the design, it just won't work under the limitations of the seating.

Sadly I can't see the north stand getting a new configuration. RC likes to stick his adverts there, and if it does then he'll just cover it with his adverts.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Club United proposal on 09:58 - Jun 10 with 2098 viewsthrillseeker

Club United proposal on 09:39 - Jun 10 by Daniel

Love the 1937, but the eagle looks tacky. Nothing against the design, it just won't work under the limitations of the seating.

Sadly I can't see the north stand getting a new configuration. RC likes to stick his adverts there, and if it does then he'll just cover it with his adverts.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I like the idea of the eagle but have same concerns in that design will not look good due to stand size.

The eagle would have more chance in the East stand but I doubt RC would agree to that
Club United proposal on 19:46 - Jul 19 with 1899 viewswessex_exile

Just for info, the proposal has now been submitted for review. I'm expecting the club to feedback on actual labour and material costs, but hopefully it will go live in due course. If I get more news, I'll keep you posted.

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 20:20 - Jul 19 with 1878 viewsgerry_us

Club United proposal on 23:01 - Jun 8 by durham_exile

Not so keen on the 1937.

Up the U's

Weren't you there in 37?
Club United proposal on 23:32 - Jul 19 with 1857 viewsdurham_exile

Club United proposal on 20:20 - Jul 19 by gerry_us

Weren't you there in 37?

Cheeky Monkey - I only just qualify for Concessions!

Do we have anyone on the site who was at the first game in 1937, realistically would have to be about 90 years of age.

Up the ancient U's

Durham_exile

Club United proposal on 00:32 - Jul 20 with 1854 viewswessex_exile

Club United proposal on 23:32 - Jul 19 by durham_exile

Cheeky Monkey - I only just qualify for Concessions!

Do we have anyone on the site who was at the first game in 1937, realistically would have to be about 90 years of age.

Up the ancient U's

You make an interesting point Durham. A bit like the few surviving veterans of the two World Wars, I wonder if there is anyone still alive who was at our first match? Mathematically it’s obviously possible, however unlikely. I wonder if there’s a way to find out?

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 13:14 - Jul 20 with 1821 viewsburnsieespana

Whilst I suspect it is highly unlikely anybody is still supporting the U's who attended the first game in 1937 it would be great to find out.
Am sure the Gazette would do a piece wessex.
Club United proposal on 09:48 - Jul 31 with 1605 viewswessex_exile

Just as an update, the seat design proposal has been submitted and is now available (as pending) for me to preview and edit on my dashboard. For those who might want to support it, I’ll let you know when it goes live.

The wording of the proposal is:

We are all rightly proud of the history of Colchester United Football Club. To enhance our passionate connection with this heritage at the JobServe Community Stadium, we propose to swap blue and white seats between the South and North stand, to pick out the year of our formation “1937” in the North Stand, and a stylised version of our eagle emblem from the club badge in the South Stand.

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 20:06 - Aug 4 with 1530 viewsmfb_cufc

Good news wessex, the proposal has been accepted. Just need £5,000 of funds before January 2022 to make it happen.

Wessex, thank you for all your hard work in getting this proposal accepted.

mfb

Club United proposal on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 1519 viewsMoor_Pinot

Club United proposal on 20:06 - Aug 4 by mfb_cufc

Good news wessex, the proposal has been accepted. Just need £5,000 of funds before January 2022 to make it happen.

Wessex, thank you for all your hard work in getting this proposal accepted.

Lovely!
Bravo Wessex, smashing idea. Something positive and relatively painless.

Moor Pinot

Club United proposal on 21:20 - Aug 4 with 1517 viewswessex_exile

Thanks!

I think it's important to reiterate all who have been involved getting this off the ground.

Coluphil had the original "1937" concept, but it was Lofty who suggested keeping costs down be swapping seats with the white S3 block. That lead me to think about what we could do as a result with the spare blue seats, and came up with the eagle idea. It was SmithyD who took the whole thing to another level with the digital representations showing what the finished results would look like.

Hopefully you can all find it in yourself to pledge funds!

Up the U's

Club United proposal on 08:42 - Aug 5 with 1488 viewsburnsieespana

Done late last night Wessex but not as late as you were on line!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 8:43]
Club United proposal on 23:24 - Aug 5 with 1446 viewsmfb_cufc

The latest situation on the funding:-

£524.06 Pledged so far by 12 supporters

£5,000.00 Proposal target

mfb

Club United proposal on 03:57 - Nov 18 with 1198 viewsghughes11

I see that this is now up to £1,220.64.
Pledged so far by 27 supporters.

Surely that's enough to move some seats around?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024