Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month 14:33 - Jun 25 with 989 viewsdurham_exile

FORMER Colchester United head coach John McGreal has left his role as manager of Swindon Town after a month in the role.

McGreal, along with former U's goalkeeper coach Rene Gilmartin who was assistant manager with the Robins, have agreed to mutually terminate their contracts with the League Two club.

In a joint statement, they said: “This is a decision we both have made, as we feel we are not able to carry out our duties as Manager and Assistant Manager.

"Our intention from day one was to build a football team to compete in this league, but unfortunately due to the current circumstances the club is facing, we do not feel we are able to do that."

Sad news, clearly the problems at the County Ground are of Everest proportions.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 14:41 - Jun 25 with 982 viewsburnsieespana

Feel sorry for John but he obviously didn't read the media as the problems at Swindon were well documented.
Trouble is he has now missed out on some decent jobs which were available a month ago.
Really hope he finds something soon
John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 14:44 - Jun 25 with 978 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 14:41 - Jun 25 by burnsieespana

Feel sorry for John but he obviously didn't read the media as the problems at Swindon were well documented.
Trouble is he has now missed out on some decent jobs which were available a month ago.

Burnsie you are absolutely right.

Hope JM secures another post soon.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month (n/t) on 16:38 - Jun 25 with 948 viewsbwildered

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 14:41 - Jun 25 by burnsieespana

Everton , Palace and Tottenham not to shabby .
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 16:39]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 16:50 - Jun 25 with 943 viewsFruitbat

Having watched England's second half non-performance on Tuesday, I reckon he's been lined up to replace Southgate.
John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 18:44 - Jun 25 with 921 viewswessex_exile

Feel sorry for John and Rene - hope at least they got a reasonable pay-off for their curtailed contracts at Swindon. Never liked them as a club, and this reinforces that opinion.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

John McGreal leaves Swindon after one month on 07:01 - Jun 28 with 791 viewsnoah4x4

I have some affection for the Wiltshire club and feel for their fans, whereas I had no sympathy with Bury fans. Two stories that might amuse..

One Valentines Day , Swindon were offering "couples, two for the price of one" admission. As we departed the CUSA bus, I blew John Tweed a kiss, grabbed his hand and we duly paid said advantageous tariff. No quibbles from the obviously diversity aware (or couldn't care less) enlightened ticket seller. Not sure if others followed suit, but we now claim the record for the briefest engagement on record. It lasted as long as it took us to get through the turnstile and to wash said hands. Our wives were sympathetic when we explained the circumstances that drove us into this outrageous affair.

Not sure if it was the same evening, but I recall writing in my U'sual match report a description of a ball boy that could not have been wetter if he had been strapped to the prow of a trawler. The U's were time wasting and his contribution to the U's hanging on to claim the points was awesome. I don't think I have seen anybody so reluctant to leave the limited shelter and retrieve the ball.

Best wishes to John and Rene, hope they find roles soon. Should never have left the Jobsworth in my humble opinion. But Mullins offers renewed hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024