Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friendlies 13:13 - Jul 13 with 2305 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody going to Billericay game?
Friendlies on 14:09 - Jul 13 with 1697 viewsLeadbelly

No

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Friendlies on 14:12 - Jul 13 with 1695 viewsmfb_cufc

No. I don't do friendlies.

mfb

Friendlies on 16:32 - Jul 13 with 1674 viewsbwildered

No go . Only any importance to coaching staff and players.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Friendlies on 17:14 - Jul 13 with 1665 viewsnoah4x4

Watching England v Pakistan cricket instead. Football shouldn’t start until September IMHO.
Friendlies on 19:02 - Jul 13 with 1650 viewswessex_exile

Friendlies on 14:12 - Jul 13 by mfb_cufc

No. I don't do friendlies.

As a general rule, likewise - though I did go to Richard Wilkins' testimonial, and back in the day the regular pre-season friendly against Ipswich at Layer Road was always entertaining.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Friendlies on 21:11 - Jul 13 with 1618 viewsmfb_cufc

Latest score Billericay 0 Colchester 1. Goal scored by Judge with a great shot from outside the area.

No, I am not there. Information from Billericay twitter feed.

mfb

Friendlies on 21:27 - Jul 13 with 1613 viewsmfb_cufc

Final score 3-0. Second goal was a brilliant solo effort from triallist Richard Kone, who is apparently having a fantastic game. Third goal scored by Freddie Sears.
Attendance 531.

mfb

Friendlies on 21:34 - Jul 13 with 1611 viewsdurham_exile

The Super U's ran out 3-0 winners tonight against Billericay.

Judge , Triallist B and Sears scored the goals.

Colchester United first half XI: Gerken, Trialist, Wiredu, Nouble, Chilvers, Eastman, Tchamadeu, Poku, Coxe, Cracknell, Stagg.

Colchester United second half XI: George, Trialist, Kennedy, Clampin, Chambers, Smith, Welch-Hayes, Hannant, Skuse, Judge, Sears.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Friendlies on 21:49 - Jul 13 with 1608 viewsoxfcolu

Early days as they say but as previously mentioned Richard Kone the second half Triallist gave it a go. Not a lot of information on him but could be one of those finds that are rare for our over paid recruitment team.
Friendlies on 22:00 - Jul 13 with 1602 viewsmfb_cufc

Friendlies on 21:49 - Jul 13 by oxfcolu

Early days as they say but as previously mentioned Richard Kone the second half Triallist gave it a go. Not a lot of information on him but could be one of those finds that are rare for our over paid recruitment team.

Richard Kone is 19, and from the Ivory Coast. Going by what I have read about his performance tonight, could we have another Lua Lua.

mfb

Friendlies on 22:13 - Jul 13 with 1592 viewsoxfcolu

Friendlies on 22:00 - Jul 13 by mfb_cufc

Richard Kone is 19, and from the Ivory Coast. Going by what I have read about his performance tonight, could we have another Lua Lua.

Cheers Mick for the info, and as for your last bit we can only dream.
Friendlies on 09:31 - Jul 14 with 1538 viewsdurham_exile

From today's Gazette

COLCHESTER United head coach Hayden Mullins says they will continue to look at trialists Richard Kone and Bayli Spencer-Adams after they featured in their friendly win at Billericay Town.

Kone, formerly of Essex Senior League side Athletic Newham, caught the eye in the second half of the U's 3-0 win at New Lodge, scoring one goal and creating another for the visitors against their National League South opponents.

Former Watford defender Spencer-Adams featured in the first half of Colchester's opening friendly, as Mullins fielded different sides in each half.

Mullins said: "It's good that we have a policy where we look at trialists and most clubs do.

"We had a trialist match at the training ground which was well organised and a lot of trialists attended.

"A couple of those were with us today who we looked at and identified and we'll continue to have a look at them.

"It's down to them to try and impress.

"The two lads haven't worked with us for too long.

"(Richard Kone) understood what we wanted and put his own spin on it, so it's down to him and impress."

Colchester fielded a total of 22 players in their friendly at Billericay, with all seven of their summer signings featuring in addition to the trialists.

After a goal-less first half, second-half goals from Kone, Alan Judge and Freddie Sears sealed the U's victory in front of more than 500 spectators at New Lodge.

"Pre-season friendlies are always different," said Mullins.

"We wanted to try and get the work into the boys and try and press quite hard and be quite aggressive, to get a bit of work out of the lads who were out there.

"What you saw especially late on was the quality that we've brought in to the football club and the knowhow, with some of the players that we've got.

"We knew that so it's our job and my job to get them up to speed and get the work into them, so we're ready for that first game of the season.

"Sometimes with an artificial surface, it can be a bit sticky and the ball can get stuck".

It all sounds very positive to me..

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 14:35 - Jul 14 with 1488 viewsMoor_Pinot

Friendlies on 09:31 - Jul 14 by durham_exile

From today's Gazette

COLCHESTER United head coach Hayden Mullins says they will continue to look at trialists Richard Kone and Bayli Spencer-Adams after they featured in their friendly win at Billericay Town.

Kone, formerly of Essex Senior League side Athletic Newham, caught the eye in the second half of the U's 3-0 win at New Lodge, scoring one goal and creating another for the visitors against their National League South opponents.

Former Watford defender Spencer-Adams featured in the first half of Colchester's opening friendly, as Mullins fielded different sides in each half.

Mullins said: "It's good that we have a policy where we look at trialists and most clubs do.

"We had a trialist match at the training ground which was well organised and a lot of trialists attended.

"A couple of those were with us today who we looked at and identified and we'll continue to have a look at them.

"It's down to them to try and impress.

"The two lads haven't worked with us for too long.

"(Richard Kone) understood what we wanted and put his own spin on it, so it's down to him and impress."

Colchester fielded a total of 22 players in their friendly at Billericay, with all seven of their summer signings featuring in addition to the trialists.

After a goal-less first half, second-half goals from Kone, Alan Judge and Freddie Sears sealed the U's victory in front of more than 500 spectators at New Lodge.

"Pre-season friendlies are always different," said Mullins.

"We wanted to try and get the work into the boys and try and press quite hard and be quite aggressive, to get a bit of work out of the lads who were out there.

"What you saw especially late on was the quality that we've brought in to the football club and the knowhow, with some of the players that we've got.

"We knew that so it's our job and my job to get them up to speed and get the work into them, so we're ready for that first game of the season.

"Sometimes with an artificial surface, it can be a bit sticky and the ball can get stuck".

It all sounds very positive to me..

Up the U's

Positive talk and spin is a good start Durham!
Friendlies rarely disclose much more than that but we shall see.

Moor Pinot

Friendlies on 16:50 - Jul 15 with 1383 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 14:35 - Jul 14 by Moor_Pinot

Positive talk and spin is a good start Durham!
Friendlies rarely disclose much more than that but we shall see.

Pinault

Have now had the chance to watch the brief highlights from Billericay.

Three tidy goals - Judge from the edge of the box into the bottom right corner.
A solo from Lua Lua aka Richard Kone (from Athletic Newham) and a simple finish from Freddie Sears.

Get young Richard signed up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 13:38 - Jul 27 with 1194 viewsburnsieespana

Reckon tonight far more Ipswich supporters will be in the ground tonight than our own as they have, according to the EA sold 1500 which is there entire allocation.
Anybody on here going?
Friendlies on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 1145 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 13:38 - Jul 27 by burnsieespana

Reckon tonight far more Ipswich supporters will be in the ground tonight than our own as they have, according to the EA sold 1500 which is there entire allocation.
Anybody on here going?

Burnsie
I'm watching the game via COL U TV

However missed about 20 minutes of the first half and it sounds as though Donald Duck is commentating.

Last season I had no problem streaming 45 games but tonight is very poor.

Not even sure of the score. Think Ipswich are winning 1-0.

Can't judge performance either hopefully second half will stream better.

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 20:28 - Jul 27 with 1141 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 20:25 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Burnsie
I'm watching the game via COL U TV

However missed about 20 minutes of the first half and it sounds as though Donald Duck is commentating.

Last season I had no problem streaming 45 games but tonight is very poor.

Not even sure of the score. Think Ipswich are winning 1-0.

Can't judge performance either hopefully second half will stream better.

Actually it's 2-2

I now have sound and vision..up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 1126 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 20:28 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Actually it's 2-2

I now have sound and vision..up the U's

Still 2-2

Colchester playing well.

Chilvers Judge look good.

New keeper Ashley-Hammond looks confident

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 21:10 - Jul 27 with 1125 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 21:01 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Still 2-2

Colchester playing well.

Chilvers Judge look good.

New keeper Ashley-Hammond looks confident

Up the U's

Alan Judge reminiscent of Bobby Gough

3-2

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 21:34 - Jul 27 with 1111 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 21:10 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Alan Judge reminiscent of Bobby Gough

3-2

Thoroughly entertaining 3-3 draw.

We shaded the second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 21:49 - Jul 27 with 1103 viewsdurham_exile

Friendlies on 21:34 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Mullins has plenty to mull over.

I am happy with the defence and midfield. We are one player short up front.

I will think about the opening day line up and publish something at the weekend.

I reckon we will have a decent season.

Up the U's

Just to whet your appetite. Alan Judge POTS without doubt.

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 1100 viewswessex_exile

Friendlies on 21:34 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Absolutely - apart from the streaming fubar to begin with, I really enjoyed that.. Played with grit and determination, and Judge was outstanding. Actually thought the young 'keeper had a good game too. Wiredu looked sharper than in other PSFs, in fact everyone played their part. All in all, bodes well for the start of the season.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Friendlies on 14:14 - Jul 28 with 1010 viewsdurham_exile

Well done Col U

They have refunded £9 after the technical problems which affected the game last night.

I thought it one of the best games I have seen at the JSCS and we shaded the second half and could have won the game.

Anyway thanks to the club for their swift remedial action.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 958 viewsdurham_exile

Wealdstone final friendly game now to be played at the JSCS on Saturday behind closed doors.

Risk management in place with COVID numbers ever mindful.

Makes sense and with Carlisle only another week away.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Friendlies on 20:23 - Jul 29 with 897 viewsghughes11

Looks like the Wealdstone match will be on Col U TV:

Colchester United vs Wealdstone
Pre Season Friendly

Scheduled to broadcast 7/31/21

Hopefully the Chipmunks will stay away this time

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024