Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poku goes to Peterborough 12:04 - Aug 2 with 1080 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/august/poku-moves-to-peterborough/

Great bit of business by the club again and a good move for all involved I should imagine.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Poku goes to Peterborough on 12:06 - Aug 2 with 1069 viewsburnsieespana

Yes McAnthony just announced he has signed for a substantial 6 figure fee!
This may free things up for us to bring in a couple.
Poku goes to Peterborough on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 1016 viewsdurham_exile

Disappointed to hear this, Kwame Poku was a good player and has great potential, still perhaps we never saw enough of the Salford Away performances.

Before we get too carried away about a substantial six figure sum it would need to be greater than £325K to make up for the waste of money for our former striker Jevani Brown.

Anyway Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:18 - Aug 2 with 957 viewsburnsieespana

Durham we all make mistakes when recruiting people.
I know I have over the year's.
Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 948 viewsdurham_exile

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:18 - Aug 2 by burnsieespana

Durham we all make mistakes when recruiting people.
I know I have over the year's.

burnsie I liked Jevani Brown and was sorry to see him go. My point was that we failed to get the best from him for the outlay.

I wish Poku well at Peterborough old COL U boys.

Now if we can reinvest that substantial six figure sum for another striker I think the squad will be complete.

Up the U's
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 15:37]

Durham_exile

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 945 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:30 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

burnsie I liked Jevani Brown and was sorry to see him go. My point was that we failed to get the best from him for the outlay.

I wish Poku well at Peterborough old COL U boys.

Now if we can reinvest that substantial six figure sum for another striker I think the squad will be complete.

Up the U's
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 15:37]

Three months of decent performances in two seasons? You're obviously easily pleased Durham. For me one of the most disappointing players we've ever paid money for. Poku and Bramall cost us nothing and both were sold for decent amounts at this level.

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:42 - Aug 2 with 937 viewsdurham_exile

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:37 - Aug 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Three months of decent performances in two seasons? You're obviously easily pleased Durham. For me one of the most disappointing players we've ever paid money for. Poku and Bramall cost us nothing and both were sold for decent amounts at this level.

RS pleased for you if you think it is good business to continually sell our promising talent.

Sadly the price to pay for languishing in league two.

Regarding Brown he was well on the way to scoring 20 goals last season before becoming isolated in a 4,5,1 or 4,6,0 formation post November. Poor use of a goal scorer.

This season we are still shy of a goalscorer but the defence nd midfield look solid.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poku goes to Peterborough on 16:30 - Aug 2 with 922 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Poku goes to Peterborough on 15:42 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

RS pleased for you if you think it is good business to continually sell our promising talent.

Sadly the price to pay for languishing in league two.

Regarding Brown he was well on the way to scoring 20 goals last season before becoming isolated in a 4,5,1 or 4,6,0 formation post November. Poor use of a goal scorer.

This season we are still shy of a goalscorer but the defence nd midfield look solid.

Up the U's

Nature of the business I'm afraid. Pretty much everyone in the world is a "selling club" these days. Pretty sure he scored most, if not all of his goals, playing in 4-5-1 formation. Poor use of £350K I think you mean.

Poku goes to Peterborough on 17:09 - Aug 2 with 903 viewswessex_exile

On his day, Poku could be a game-changer, but let's be honest - how often have we torn what little hair we have left out in frustration about his tendency to run up blind alleys and not see the pass. I'm sorry he's gone, but if he's been sold for a 'substantial six-figure sum', not that sorry.

I do wish Poku well.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Poku goes to Peterborough on 17:52 - Aug 2 with 885 viewsmfb_cufc

He’s one of the most exciting young talents in the game,” enthused Posh co-owner Darragh MacAnthony “The Posh fans will love him.”

Such an exciting young talent, that he would be on the bench for a League 2 team at Carlisle if he was still here. Had a good first season, but I think teams sussed him out last season, and he struggled. Peterborough have obviously seen something they can work on, but I think he will struggle in the Championship.

mfb

Poku goes to Peterborough on 18:29 - Aug 2 with 875 viewsLeadbelly

Poku goes to Peterborough on 17:52 - Aug 2 by mfb_cufc

He’s one of the most exciting young talents in the game,” enthused Posh co-owner Darragh MacAnthony “The Posh fans will love him.”

Such an exciting young talent, that he would be on the bench for a League 2 team at Carlisle if he was still here. Had a good first season, but I think teams sussed him out last season, and he struggled. Peterborough have obviously seen something they can work on, but I think he will struggle in the Championship.

I wish Poku well at Posh but the fact we’ve received a decent fee for a player who produced little of note last season says “good business” to me.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Poku goes to Peterborough on 19:23 - Aug 2 with 847 viewsburnsieespana

Likewise I wish Poku well.
We have to accept to survive we do have to sell a player each year and I like it when we have players we have developed, paid small fees for or even got for nothing sold on to clubs higher up the ladder so long may it continue.
If McAnthony is correct and I have no reason to doubt him, it could just give us the opportunity to bring in a couple more quality players.
Poku goes to Peterborough on 09:30 - Aug 3 with 759 viewsbwildered

Unfortunately did not get the better of a one to one at Exeter in the final moments, which would have seen us in a play off final . Most of his fee will be digested in the wages in the new recruits. A player of undoubted talent, a now or never move move for him to establish himself up at Championship level . If he could improve his finishing, the worlds his oyster.
Let’s hope he does well.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024