Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone's run off with my wife 12:18 - Aug 2 with 2124 viewsWitham

I suppose the writing was on the wall. All last season she sat next to someone else, and now this season she's gone altogether. I guess I, like others, have been dumped.

Or does anyone know what happened to the cut-outs ?
Someone's run off with my wife on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 2099 viewsdurham_exile

Witham they folded

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 15:26 - Aug 2 with 2057 viewsgerry_us

Someone's run off with my wife on 13:00 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

Witham they folded

Up the U's

Lucky you. I sat next to the dog all season. Oh..no offence.
No really, a photo of a real dog.
Someone's run off with my wife on 15:32 - Aug 2 with 2052 viewsdurham_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 15:26 - Aug 2 by gerry_us

Lucky you. I sat next to the dog all season. Oh..no offence.
No really, a photo of a real dog.

Gerry I remember it well.

Canine capers at the JSCS.

Suspect the cardboard has been badly affected by the weather.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 2014 viewsnoah4x4

I have it from a dependable Inside authority that they are stacked in a waterproof container between the North and East Stand behind the electronic scoreboard. My apologies Witham should I be laid on top of your missus. They are apparently in remarkably good condition.

Apparently, the club didn't write any names on their reverse or keep any record of which cut out belongs to whom, so it is now debating how best to distribute them as an identity parade is required. Rumour has it that it will be like a giant version of a game of Guess Who....

Is it an animal? No.
Is it a celebrity? No.
Is it a male? Yes.
Does he wear glasses? Yes.
Bald head? Yes.
Beard? No.
Over six feet tall? Yes.
Striped jumper? Yes.
Is it Noah4x4?

Once all are claimed, the last one remaining will then be Bingo (RIP), Paul Wright, that served the club as a cushion and programme seller for 34 years missing only one match per season (Boxing Day). We bought his cut out as a tribute when the club failed to honour his long service and we plan to claim it as a centre piece for a memorial function to be held with his family at the Victoria Inn.
Someone's run off with my wife on 21:19 - Aug 2 with 2007 viewswessex_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 20:56 - Aug 2 by noah4x4

I have it from a dependable Inside authority that they are stacked in a waterproof container between the North and East Stand behind the electronic scoreboard. My apologies Witham should I be laid on top of your missus. They are apparently in remarkably good condition.

Apparently, the club didn't write any names on their reverse or keep any record of which cut out belongs to whom, so it is now debating how best to distribute them as an identity parade is required. Rumour has it that it will be like a giant version of a game of Guess Who....

Is it an animal? No.
Is it a celebrity? No.
Is it a male? Yes.
Does he wear glasses? Yes.
Bald head? Yes.
Beard? No.
Over six feet tall? Yes.
Striped jumper? Yes.
Is it Noah4x4?

Once all are claimed, the last one remaining will then be Bingo (RIP), Paul Wright, that served the club as a cushion and programme seller for 34 years missing only one match per season (Boxing Day). We bought his cut out as a tribute when the club failed to honour his long service and we plan to claim it as a centre piece for a memorial function to be held with his family at the Victoria Inn.

That would be a lovely thing to do Noah, and I fear there may be others among the cardboard U's who are no longer with us.

In my line of business it's all about creating an archive, a permanent record of past events for those in the future to understand and learn from. I'm sure the last year or so out under all weathers has probably not been kind on us, but wouldn't it be lovely if, perhaps, they could all be fixed to the walls inside the concourses, as a permanent 'memorial' if you will to what we all have been through? In the process adding a bit of colour, individuality and the personal touch to the JobServe?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Someone's run off with my wife on 23:24 - Aug 2 with 1987 viewsnoah4x4

Someone's run off with my wife on 21:19 - Aug 2 by wessex_exile

That would be a lovely thing to do Noah, and I fear there may be others among the cardboard U's who are no longer with us.

In my line of business it's all about creating an archive, a permanent record of past events for those in the future to understand and learn from. I'm sure the last year or so out under all weathers has probably not been kind on us, but wouldn't it be lovely if, perhaps, they could all be fixed to the walls inside the concourses, as a permanent 'memorial' if you will to what we all have been through? In the process adding a bit of colour, individuality and the personal touch to the JobServe?

That is actually a great idea Wessex, a montage of cut-outs, assuming they are in good nick. One reason I never drink under the North Stand is that its stark breeze block construction is identical to the decor in the urinals. Another is shi5 Green King beer. Needs cheering up.
Someone's run off with my wife on 08:38 - Aug 3 with 1964 viewsburnsieespana

Wessex that is a brilliant idea as the photos put up, I seem to recall under Lambert's reign could do with a freshen up.
Be a shock for a few friends of mine if they suddenly see me looking down on them when eating a burger with oxo!
Someone's run off with my wife on 08:46 - Aug 3 with 1962 viewsbwildered

At Essex County Cricket Club a list of members who did not reclaim membership in 2020 is listed in this years handbook and the list has also been reproduced with the names on a long boarding on the wall behind the pavilion. Sadly a temporary fence with covering has been place in front of it, due to COVID restrictions, with majority of it unable to read !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Someone's run off with my wife on 12:17 - Aug 4 with 1893 viewsWitham

I've sent the proposal off - let's see if it runs
Someone's run off with my wife on 13:34 - Aug 4 with 1885 viewsdurham_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 12:17 - Aug 4 by Witham

The club is going to have a board meeting to discuss the proposal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 22:53 - Aug 4 with 1859 viewsghughes11

Someone's run off with my wife on 12:17 - Aug 4 by Witham

I see the proposal is now live Witham!

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaExt/ClubUtdProposalDetail.aspx

Description
To make a photo montage of all those who purchased a cardboard cutout for the 2020/2021 season and mount it on the wall by one of the bars

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Someone's run off with my wife on 01:22 - Aug 5 with 1853 viewswessex_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 22:53 - Aug 4 by ghughes11

I see the proposal is now live Witham!

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaExt/ClubUtdProposalDetail.aspx

Description
To make a photo montage of all those who purchased a cardboard cutout for the 2020/2021 season and mount it on the wall by one of the bars

According to the link it seems to have expired. I’d imagine someone has added the wrong date to the proposal?

Up the U's

Someone's run off with my wife on 21:49 - Aug 25 with 1600 viewsghughes11

A second supporter has pledged Witham!

Pledged so far by 2 supporters - £70.00
Proposal target - £1,500.00

This proposal expires on 31 Jan 2022.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Someone's run off with my wife on 15:38 - Aug 26 with 1536 viewsgerry_us

Someone's run off with my wife on 21:49 - Aug 25 by ghughes11

A second supporter has pledged Witham!

Pledged so far by 2 supporters - £70.00
Proposal target - £1,500.00

This proposal expires on 31 Jan 2022.

Would like to contribute but am finding it totally impossible.
With all the regulations on the U's official Web site I am wondering; as a supporter from "afar" if I could actually turn up on a whim on match day and just buy a ticket for the game?
Seems to my understanding that you actually have to be a "shareholder" with money invested before you can do anything at present.
Please tell me I am mistaken...probably am!
Someone's run off with my wife on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 1531 viewswessex_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 15:38 - Aug 26 by gerry_us

Would like to contribute but am finding it totally impossible.
With all the regulations on the U's official Web site I am wondering; as a supporter from "afar" if I could actually turn up on a whim on match day and just buy a ticket for the game?
Seems to my understanding that you actually have to be a "shareholder" with money invested before you can do anything at present.
Please tell me I am mistaken...probably am!

You can indeed Gerry, just you can't get a ticket from the ticket office. Ticket's on the day are actually available online until ten minutes after kick-off, and of course it's an e-ticket/ QR code thing, so no need to print at home either.

Contributing to Club United (i.e. adding to your account) to sponsor proposals is pretty straight forward to be honest, the link is on your Col U Tickets dashboard (I assume you have a Col U Tickets account?).

Up the U's

Someone's run off with my wife on 17:15 - Aug 26 with 1527 viewsgerry_us

Someone's run off with my wife on 16:59 - Aug 26 by wessex_exile

You can indeed Gerry, just you can't get a ticket from the ticket office. Ticket's on the day are actually available online until ten minutes after kick-off, and of course it's an e-ticket/ QR code thing, so no need to print at home either.

Contributing to Club United (i.e. adding to your account) to sponsor proposals is pretty straight forward to be honest, the link is on your Col U Tickets dashboard (I assume you have a Col U Tickets account?).

Errr no!
Away matches are so much easier...or they were.
Someone's run off with my wife on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 1518 viewswessex_exile

Someone's run off with my wife on 17:15 - Aug 26 by gerry_us

Errr no!
Away matches are so much easier...or they were.

Ah, okay - the link below is to the Col U Tickets page, just register there (link top right) and away you go :-)

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaWebShow/SHOWLISTVENUES.ASPX?LR

Up the U's

Someone's run off with my wife on 22:18 - Aug 26 with 1491 viewsgerry_us

Someone's run off with my wife on 18:47 - Aug 26 by wessex_exile

Ah, okay - the link below is to the Col U Tickets page, just register there (link top right) and away you go :-)

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaWebShow/SHOWLISTVENUES.ASPX?LR

Gotcha. Thanks Wessex
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024