Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS 16:33 - Aug 13 with 2218 viewsdurham_exile

Jon Brady and his Cobblers are in Town on Saturday for our first home league game of the season. A creditable draw and an unlucky defeat at Birmingham means that we are looking for our first win tomorrow.

Northampton by contrast started with a maximum against Port Vale (everyone’s whipping boys, who played the second half with only 10 men). However, a win at Coventry in the Carabao Cup was rather more impressive and has earned them a second-round tie at home to Wimbledon.

So, the game will not be a formality. Northampton boast in their ranks Nicke Kabamba (former Col U loanee) but also have the dangerous Benny Ashley-Seal performing well for them!

But I reckon that we can win the game and by a handsome 3-0 margin.

Colchester should be at full strength with Luke Chambers returning after illness from the bench and hopefully Luke Hannant fit after COVID isolation.

Now putting aside the debate about 5,3,2 or 3,5,2 we are at home and so HM could play 4,4,2 to start the game. This would allow the best midfield quartet that we have had in years to play.

George

Coxe Eastman Smith Clampin

Hannant Wiredu Skuse Judge

Jasper Nouble

Subs:

Turner Welch-Hayes Chilvers Tchamadeu Chambers Tovide Sears

One thing is obvious the faithful are crying out for goals. I don’t know what it is about chances not being converted. Yes, it is fine margins, Coxe’s shot against the angle of cross bar and upright late on at St Andrews would have meant penalties and if Big Frank hadn’t missed his kick at Carlisle, we could have been looking at two victories instead of a solitary point and no cans of Carabao to enjoy!

A direct free kick is long overdue to hit the back of the opposition net and Sylvester Jasper deserves to find the net as does Alan Judge. 3-0 it is then.

Weather tomorrow in Colchester will be warm 23 degrees Celsius and partly sunny. The pitch will be immaculate, and a decent crowd is expected with a good number from Northampton. With Mansfield Tuesday night and then Boundary Park the matches are coming thick and fast.

Home advantage must be made to count, and chances translated into goals. HM has confirmed that further signings are on the horizon, but he is not rushing into anything and with the prospect of two more strikers we need to be patient and wait for the announcements.

At 17, young Bryan Ifeanyi is a prospect for the future and will be plying his trade with Wayne Brown at Maldon and Tiptree, but signings are in the offing.

Get behind the team, enjoy the game and cheer the U’s to victory.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 11:57 - Aug 15 with 657 viewsbwildered

Turnstiles now read QR codes, rather than previous bar codes on tickets issued . Seemed to be a long queue for the West Stand, probably due to turnstiles directly behind being fenced off since COVID vaccination was located there, and new use of the technology must have kept the queue long.
Has advised turned up early, but no problem in entering South Stand, had more of a problem finding the email and QR code on phone !
I know five previous STH who have not returned due to RC’s insistence of not being allocated the same seat through the season due to not knowing, apart from there bubble who sits around them.
Seems the club do not encourage wearing masks in the seating areas, although the stewards wore them, has I was only one of the few who did so voluntarily.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 12:00]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 12:21 - Aug 15 with 646 viewsLeadbelly

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 11:57 - Aug 15 by bwildered

Turnstiles now read QR codes, rather than previous bar codes on tickets issued . Seemed to be a long queue for the West Stand, probably due to turnstiles directly behind being fenced off since COVID vaccination was located there, and new use of the technology must have kept the queue long.
Has advised turned up early, but no problem in entering South Stand, had more of a problem finding the email and QR code on phone !
I know five previous STH who have not returned due to RC’s insistence of not being allocated the same seat through the season due to not knowing, apart from there bubble who sits around them.
Seems the club do not encourage wearing masks in the seating areas, although the stewards wore them, has I was only one of the few who did so voluntarily.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 12:00]

I was at Old Trafford yesterday (don’t ask!). 72,000+ in attendance, body and bag search for everyone then QR code read at turnstile and not a queue in sight. It couldn’t have been easier, even with what could be described generously as a volatile atmosphere.

I’ve yet to attend the Community Stadium this season so can’t speak from experience but looking at the attendance yesterday it seems that ticketing arrangements, bubbles and the chairman’s singularly cautious approach are going to cost him a lot of money. It doesn’t really matter whether or not it’s easy to buy tickets if the perception for some is that it’s not straightforward. And not scoring goals will also do little to persuade fans to attend either.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 13:58 - Aug 15 with 619 viewsdurham_exile

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 12:21 - Aug 15 by Leadbelly

I was at Old Trafford yesterday (don’t ask!). 72,000+ in attendance, body and bag search for everyone then QR code read at turnstile and not a queue in sight. It couldn’t have been easier, even with what could be described generously as a volatile atmosphere.

I’ve yet to attend the Community Stadium this season so can’t speak from experience but looking at the attendance yesterday it seems that ticketing arrangements, bubbles and the chairman’s singularly cautious approach are going to cost him a lot of money. It doesn’t really matter whether or not it’s easy to buy tickets if the perception for some is that it’s not straightforward. And not scoring goals will also do little to persuade fans to attend either.

LB
When we played at OT we weren't allowed to take any bags into the stadium unless they were from the Mega Store.

Bags searched at Brunton Park and when I went to Headingley on Thursday but they were only bothered if people had any bottles or cans.
Water bottles were acceptable.

First game of the season the crowd at the JSCS was pitiful.

Less than 2,000 likely on Tuesday night.
We simply have to start winning.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 14:29 - Aug 15 with 609 viewsLeadbelly

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 13:58 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

LB
When we played at OT we weren't allowed to take any bags into the stadium unless they were from the Mega Store.

Bags searched at Brunton Park and when I went to Headingley on Thursday but they were only bothered if people had any bottles or cans.
Water bottles were acceptable.

First game of the season the crowd at the JSCS was pitiful.

Less than 2,000 likely on Tuesday night.
We simply have to start winning.

Up the U's

You won’t be surprised to hear I didn’t have a bag from the ManUre mega store, entry to which required going through what looked like a metal detector as seen at airports.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 17:09 - Aug 15 with 583 viewsdurham_exile

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 14:29 - Aug 15 by Leadbelly

You won’t be surprised to hear I didn’t have a bag from the ManUre mega store, entry to which required going through what looked like a metal detector as seen at airports.

Yes fully understand that!

Durham_exile

If the shoe fits - Super U's to leather the Cobblers at JSCS on 20:53 - Aug 15 with 537 viewsmfb_cufc

The latest statement from RC, explaining why we do things different to the other 91 football league teams.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/august/club-statement/

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024