Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best country you have visited and why ? 11:09 - Sep 1 with 1107 viewsMrHappy2

Best country you have visited and why ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Best country you have visited and why ? on 11:10 - Sep 1 with 1104 viewsMrHappy2

Im still thinking about my answer

Mmmmmmm😳

The other option could be full of Australia and New Zealand
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 11:12]

Best country you have visited and why ? on 11:15 - Sep 1 with 1089 viewsMrHappy2

Pound for pound I’m going Italy at this moment.

Germany was a thought

Philippines for various reasons another

I’ve been to about 35 odd

I’ll stick with Italy ..

The people the style the beaches the architecture the pace the vibe the food etc
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 11:17]

Best country you have visited and why ? on 14:48 - Sep 1 with 1047 viewsconcordman

Best country you have visited and why ? on 11:15 - Sep 1 by MrHappy2

Pound for pound I’m going Italy at this moment.

Germany was a thought

Philippines for various reasons another

I’ve been to about 35 odd

I’ll stick with Italy ..

The people the style the beaches the architecture the pace the vibe the food etc
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 11:17]

Would agree with with MrHappy2. Italy blew me away for the same reasons you stated.
Best country you have visited and why ? on 15:24 - Sep 1 with 1041 viewsthrillseeker

I can't pick a favourite, just too many to consider for various reasons

Bermuda & New Zealand would probably be top with Australia a close third

I've only been to Milan & Tuscany in Italy but I will say Tuscany is stunning
Best country you have visited and why ? on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 1040 viewsMrHappy2

Best country you have visited and why ? on 14:48 - Sep 1 by concordman

Would agree with with MrHappy2. Italy blew me away for the same reasons you stated.

Do register a vote kind sir 👍

Best country you have visited and why ? on 18:51 - Sep 1 with 1011 viewsLeadbelly

Canada. Stunning scenery, great people who understand and protect the freedoms they have and so much space.

Second would be Iceland. Not like anywhere else I’ve ever been.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Best country you have visited and why ? on 19:24 - Sep 1 with 1005 viewsburnsieespana

The Cook Islands for the serenity.
Best country you have visited and why ? on 10:25 - Sep 2 with 978 viewsthrillseeker

Best country you have visited and why ? on 18:51 - Sep 1 by Leadbelly

Canada. Stunning scenery, great people who understand and protect the freedoms they have and so much space.

Both those countries are on my wish list once Covid settles down and allows full travel without restrictions
Login to get fewer ads

Best country you have visited and why ? on 11:28 - Sep 2 with 975 viewsMrHappy2

I also have a soft spot for India

But ALWAYS get the Ganges at some point there !😬

Best country you have visited and why ? on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 968 viewsMoor_Pinot

Best country you have visited and why ? on 18:51 - Sep 1 by Leadbelly

Only ever had a dozen holidays in my life, once went to Madeira which was nice, had two days in Belgium which was busy but my son lived in Iceland and I visited a couple of times. Incredible place and so my vote would go to Lead's number two choice - Iceland.

I have however lived in two others - five years in the small principality of Alderney, remarkable for its beauty, peace and individuality and the last six here in France. We want to come back to England soon but in the meantime France deserves a positive mention as a place to live. I have spent too much time in hospital here but a word for France's health system - brilliant. There's also the good manners of the ordinary folk, the space on the roads and off them, the vast countryside no prettier than in the UK but more accessible and the wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables. Having figured out the wines they are incomparable once you've researched. So, second place goes to France.

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Best country you have visited and why ? on 16:25 - Sep 2 with 954 viewsdurham_exile

Best country you have visited and why ? on 12:29 - Sep 2 by Moor_Pinot

Only ever had a dozen holidays in my life, once went to Madeira which was nice, had two days in Belgium which was busy but my son lived in Iceland and I visited a couple of times. Incredible place and so my vote would go to Lead's number two choice - Iceland.

I have however lived in two others - five years in the small principality of Alderney, remarkable for its beauty, peace and individuality and the last six here in France. We want to come back to England soon but in the meantime France deserves a positive mention as a place to live. I have spent too much time in hospital here but a word for France's health system - brilliant. There's also the good manners of the ordinary folk, the space on the roads and off them, the vast countryside no prettier than in the UK but more accessible and the wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables. Having figured out the wines they are incomparable once you've researched. So, second place goes to France.

Up the U's

A lovely write up in support of France, Pinault.

My foreign country vote would be Germany. In particular Hannover. A beautiful City and the surrounding countryside is superb. The Harz Mountains are simply beautiful. And the old maxim that it is a clean country is absolutely true.

I have travelled widely within Germany and it gets my vote. Always been a supporter of Hannover 96 as well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Best country you have visited and why ? on 06:28 - Sep 3 with 929 viewsnoah4x4

I have visited upwards of 70 countries. My votes would be

1. Best scenery Nepal/Himalayas
Worst Belgium (boring)

2. Most welcoming Tibet - its people love the English.
Worst Austria (North Wales close second).

3. Most variety China
Least Malta (now almost total concrete)

4. Worst food Peru (Guinea pig was ghastly, food bland).
Best Cambodia (subtle blend of Asian cuisines)

5. Best historic sites Egypt (do a Nile cruise).
Worst Tobago (nice beaches, but boring).

6. Overall New Zealand
Has pretty well everything as regards positives (including cricket).
Best country you have visited and why ? on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 905 viewsLeadbelly

Best country you have visited and why ? on 10:25 - Sep 2 by thrillseeker

Both those countries are on my wish list once Covid settles down and allows full travel without restrictions

You won't be disappointed by either country although the price of everything in Iceland is eyewatering.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Best country you have visited and why ? on 15:28 - Sep 3 with 897 viewsMrHappy2

Good stuff guys

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024