Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance 09:28 - Sep 19 with 1796 viewsTheOldOakTree

I haven’t seen all the stats but I’m pretty sure we had the lowest attendance in the football league by some considerable margin (to add to our astronomic debt).

Robbie’s death by a thousand cuts, if this was a novel you’d stop reading as it’s pretty obvious where it’s heading.
Attendance on 11:46 - Sep 19 with 1751 viewsbwildered

Attendance was 2,640

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Attendance on 16:16 - Sep 19 with 1715 viewsgerry_us

Attendance on 11:46 - Sep 19 by bwildered

Attendance was 2,640

I feel sympathy for them all.
Attendance on 18:21 - Sep 19 with 1698 viewsnoah4x4

People in our bubble were given tickets sat ten rows apart from each other. Elderly folk were struggling to get to seats at the top of steep steps. Young folk allocated seats in bottom rows . People then sat where they like! Until people can purchase their favoured seats this nonsense will continue to be a disaster, but nobody listens.

East Stand catering shut. North Stand catering hence too overcrowded. No Fans bar, no Hot Shots (same on the pitch). Bus services erratic, walk from Mill Road too far.

Is anybody surprised we can't get 3,000 for an all southern fixture, and I've not even mentioned a team performance that had Tony Humes legacy written all over it. All sideways passing, no adventure, little commitment except Eastman.

We can't play too many old slow Ipswich midfield rejects in the same side. Nouble will never be a number 9. Is Coxe scared of crossing the half way line? Jasper blows up after 30 minutes. Dobra too greedy. Sears headless chicken.

it feels like last season all over . Maybe Mullins absence due to illness was a major factor as the team looked clueless, unstructured and bewildered by the Crawley game plan.
Attendance on 22:34 - Sep 19 with 1663 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance on 18:21 - Sep 19 by noah4x4

People in our bubble were given tickets sat ten rows apart from each other. Elderly folk were struggling to get to seats at the top of steep steps. Young folk allocated seats in bottom rows . People then sat where they like! Until people can purchase their favoured seats this nonsense will continue to be a disaster, but nobody listens.

East Stand catering shut. North Stand catering hence too overcrowded. No Fans bar, no Hot Shots (same on the pitch). Bus services erratic, walk from Mill Road too far.

Is anybody surprised we can't get 3,000 for an all southern fixture, and I've not even mentioned a team performance that had Tony Humes legacy written all over it. All sideways passing, no adventure, little commitment except Eastman.

We can't play too many old slow Ipswich midfield rejects in the same side. Nouble will never be a number 9. Is Coxe scared of crossing the half way line? Jasper blows up after 30 minutes. Dobra too greedy. Sears headless chicken.

it feels like last season all over . Maybe Mullins absence due to illness was a major factor as the team looked clueless, unstructured and bewildered by the Crawley game plan.

Noah I don't undersdtand it at all.

I have been to every Away game this season so far (all Northern fixtures!) but at each of those games we have deserved the wins or draws that we have obtained.

I said before Saturdays game that we have to improve our home form and we do and fast.

We seem incapable of breaking down a determined defence (ie ten behind the ball) and teams know what we are about at home.

Why not play Samson Tovide, he would offer something different and Junior Tchamadeu was outstanding last week.

I would like to see Jasper and Dobra play from the start.

When I have seen Skuse and Judge they have looked impressive and Sears had his best game yet at Barrow,

Swindon and Salford will offer stern tests before the Tranmere game.

But these defeats to poor teams at home must stop now.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Attendance on 22:59 - Sep 19 with 1661 viewsnoah4x4

I won’t suffer at Swindon, as I have tickets for the Anthony Joshua v Usyk fight and the awesome undercard. I think football clubs have to wake up to fans having found new Saturday pastimes ever since lockdown. Current bubble policies at the Jobserve are simply Cowling trying and failing to make a political statement.
Attendance on 07:07 - Sep 20 with 1654 viewswessex_exile

Attendance on 22:59 - Sep 19 by noah4x4

I won’t suffer at Swindon, as I have tickets for the Anthony Joshua v Usyk fight and the awesome undercard. I think football clubs have to wake up to fans having found new Saturday pastimes ever since lockdown. Current bubble policies at the Jobserve are simply Cowling trying and failing to make a political statement.

What political statement Noah? Genuine question btw, I honestly don’t understand what you mean.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Attendance on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsnoah4x4

Attendance on 07:07 - Sep 20 by wessex_exile

What political statement Noah? Genuine question btw, I honestly don’t understand what you mean.

When we moved from Layer Road we lost a raft of local elderly and infirm fans due to the (too) steep steps, no hand rails, limited public transport and like issues. Covid restrictions seem to have reignited all of those same issues and created some new.

With the majority of the adult population inoculated, (English) Government has abandoned thoughts of vaccine passports and have removed most restrictions including upon overseas travel to green list countries for vaccinated people, so that normal life has (almost) universally returned. Mask wearing is now a personal choice. So why is Robbie Cowling and his cohorts continuing 'bubble' restrictions? In response to huge numbers of fan enquiries about why no choice of seat, they seem to think we will soon be returning to such covid restrictions and it is hence too soon to lift them at Jobserve Towers.

It might not strictly be a 'political' position, but our owner evidently thinks he knows better than Government and fans. People want to sit in their chosen allocated seats and it is astonishing that the club doesn't recognise that the steep steps are an immediate hazard to double jabbed adults that are a bit wobbly on their feet. People must have choice of where they can sit, be that in high or low rows, else they will inevitably vote with their absence, just as they did when the stadium first opened.

When the shuttle buses were pulled, loyal honest fans that had properly paid for their bus tickets told Robbie Cowling the exact problem and the remedy was obvious. The bus company had failed to check tickets on the return journey so many dishonest fans exploited this and hence journey numbers didn't correspond to money paid, leaving the club with an unjustly excessive bill for the bus company's process failures. One obviously can't argue that the club should continued that unfit for purpose service given the cost of such unjustified levels of subsidy, but the simple remedy was to manage the ticketing process better so that people did properly pay for their bus tickets.

That decision was where I believe our gates started to decline, not helped by the decline on the pitch and the slide down the tables towards our league status being threatened. Now, some years on from that public transport decision, the long erected bus stops on the new Chesterwell Woods housing development still don't operate any services and the club has simply washed its hands of the problem. Yes, public transport is ultimately a matter for Essex County Council, but surely there are some solutions in the interim? I am convinced properly run and properly (fully fan funded) shuttle buses would once again make a difference to our gates. West Ham run shuttle buses from Colchester, so surely we can fix our local travel challenges?

My perception is that the club seems to be in general decline off the pitch. We were initially told that the Fans Bar and Hot Shots were closed due to covid and social distancing. Now we are instead being told that there are recruitment and staffing issues. But where have the independent concessionaries (burger van etc) gone that served better quality food and drink? The general customer experience seems to have waned ever since the fan focused and enthusisatic Matt Hudson departed. Covid and other issues have evidently impacted on staffing at multiple levels, and in multiple industries, but surely there is a recruitment company that might offer solutions?

The shop is devoid of stock in many sizes so fans trying to spend their loyalty points are frustrated. I have been waiting three months for a shirt. Staff cuts have been so deep, you can't get hold of anybody by telephone (no numbers published on the ticketing site, only email encouraged). Ticketing is now impersonal, and unfriendly to any less technically able people. This was once voted a fan friendly club. Now are we just numbers going though a computer?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:14]
Attendance on 15:15 - Sep 20 with 1547 viewsmfb_cufc

Attendance on 10:43 - Sep 20 by noah4x4

When we moved from Layer Road we lost a raft of local elderly and infirm fans due to the (too) steep steps, no hand rails, limited public transport and like issues. Covid restrictions seem to have reignited all of those same issues and created some new.

With the majority of the adult population inoculated, (English) Government has abandoned thoughts of vaccine passports and have removed most restrictions including upon overseas travel to green list countries for vaccinated people, so that normal life has (almost) universally returned. Mask wearing is now a personal choice. So why is Robbie Cowling and his cohorts continuing 'bubble' restrictions? In response to huge numbers of fan enquiries about why no choice of seat, they seem to think we will soon be returning to such covid restrictions and it is hence too soon to lift them at Jobserve Towers.

It might not strictly be a 'political' position, but our owner evidently thinks he knows better than Government and fans. People want to sit in their chosen allocated seats and it is astonishing that the club doesn't recognise that the steep steps are an immediate hazard to double jabbed adults that are a bit wobbly on their feet. People must have choice of where they can sit, be that in high or low rows, else they will inevitably vote with their absence, just as they did when the stadium first opened.

When the shuttle buses were pulled, loyal honest fans that had properly paid for their bus tickets told Robbie Cowling the exact problem and the remedy was obvious. The bus company had failed to check tickets on the return journey so many dishonest fans exploited this and hence journey numbers didn't correspond to money paid, leaving the club with an unjustly excessive bill for the bus company's process failures. One obviously can't argue that the club should continued that unfit for purpose service given the cost of such unjustified levels of subsidy, but the simple remedy was to manage the ticketing process better so that people did properly pay for their bus tickets.

That decision was where I believe our gates started to decline, not helped by the decline on the pitch and the slide down the tables towards our league status being threatened. Now, some years on from that public transport decision, the long erected bus stops on the new Chesterwell Woods housing development still don't operate any services and the club has simply washed its hands of the problem. Yes, public transport is ultimately a matter for Essex County Council, but surely there are some solutions in the interim? I am convinced properly run and properly (fully fan funded) shuttle buses would once again make a difference to our gates. West Ham run shuttle buses from Colchester, so surely we can fix our local travel challenges?

My perception is that the club seems to be in general decline off the pitch. We were initially told that the Fans Bar and Hot Shots were closed due to covid and social distancing. Now we are instead being told that there are recruitment and staffing issues. But where have the independent concessionaries (burger van etc) gone that served better quality food and drink? The general customer experience seems to have waned ever since the fan focused and enthusisatic Matt Hudson departed. Covid and other issues have evidently impacted on staffing at multiple levels, and in multiple industries, but surely there is a recruitment company that might offer solutions?

The shop is devoid of stock in many sizes so fans trying to spend their loyalty points are frustrated. I have been waiting three months for a shirt. Staff cuts have been so deep, you can't get hold of anybody by telephone (no numbers published on the ticketing site, only email encouraged). Ticketing is now impersonal, and unfriendly to any less technically able people. This was once voted a fan friendly club. Now are we just numbers going though a computer?

With all the issues you mention, what surprises me is why the crowds are not smaller. I have been a supporter for almost 60 years, but I'm not desperate enough to go at the moment. The main reason being in not having a choice of seat. If you are given a seat in any of the bottom rows, not only is the view poor, but you will get drenched if there is a downpour. Regarding the stadium being ready for Covid restrictions if they return. As far as I know we are the only club in the country still using these restrictions. If things got bad enough for a lockdown to take place again, then games would probably be played behind closed doors again, making a stadium ready for Covid restrictions pointless.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Attendance on 17:16 - Sep 20 with 1520 viewswessex_exile

Attendance on 10:43 - Sep 20 by noah4x4

Thanks for the clarification - couldn't see the political point you were referring to. Obviously government has more or less handed responsibility for Covid-19 mitigation measures over to businesses to manage, hence we see wildly differing requirements everywhere, whilst all the time infection rates are steady at the 20-25k new cases daily - we are far from normal life universally returning I'm afraid.

Robbie and his 'cohorts' are trying their best to make a visit to the JobServe as safe as possible, can't fault them for that. It doesn't tick everyone's box, but there it is I'm afraid. If you stroll around the OMB threads, you'll see most who get allocated a seat through the current system are okay with what they're given. Some on occasion aren't, but I understand the stewards are mandated to allow people to move seats in the ground if better alternatives are available. There are also those who are staying away simply because they don't feel the JobServe is a sufficiently covid-safe environment at present - primarily because people are moving around the ground changing seats. You can't win really...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Attendance on 23:03 - Sep 20 with 1476 viewsthrillseeker

For the first time in possibly 25 years I made the choice not to attend a home match (JPT excluded) as it is no longer enjoyable going to the soulless stadium.

I agree with all the points Noah makes and personally I am fed up with Robbie Cowling playing GOD and dictating things to me.

I am however grateful for the huge support RC gives club but he has to end these restrictions as we will lose a generation of supporters. We had the feelgood factor of the Euros and only Colchester United seems to have missed out on this factor.

I don't mind watching awful football as I am used to that after 43 years but I want a decent matchday experience especially with two young children. It is madness not to have catering open in the Family Enclosure.

But the real problem is that I had an enjoyable Saturday afternoon and did not miss the football. I hope this is a temporary thing otherwise the club will lose yet another attendee.
Attendance on 01:03 - Sep 21 with 1464 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance on 23:03 - Sep 20 by thrillseeker

For the first time in possibly 25 years I made the choice not to attend a home match (JPT excluded) as it is no longer enjoyable going to the soulless stadium.

I agree with all the points Noah makes and personally I am fed up with Robbie Cowling playing GOD and dictating things to me.

I am however grateful for the huge support RC gives club but he has to end these restrictions as we will lose a generation of supporters. We had the feelgood factor of the Euros and only Colchester United seems to have missed out on this factor.

I don't mind watching awful football as I am used to that after 43 years but I want a decent matchday experience especially with two young children. It is madness not to have catering open in the Family Enclosure.

But the real problem is that I had an enjoyable Saturday afternoon and did not miss the football. I hope this is a temporary thing otherwise the club will lose yet another attendee.

I have read the thread with some interest.

As an Exile, I am only able to attend a handful of home matches a season. Instead I really enjoy the Away games that I go to. This season there should be 13 leagues games that I can get to predominantly in the North and Midlands. The next three are Tranmere, Port Vale and Walsall.

I have not been to the JSCS this season and couldn't last season with the restrictions.

I like to sit in the West Stand in either W2 or W3 but have sat in the other Stands as well (before the North Stand became for Away fans) plus the East Stand and the South stand.

If I lived closer to Colchester then I would definitely go to all Home games but that is not feasible because of the 520 mile round trip from Durham.

I would imagine that if I was used to a particular seat or Section then I would be hacked off at having the option taken away from me. Similarly food and drink choice being taken away is not good either.

I certainly have not been an RC supporter since his bizarre statements and criticisms of some supporters but I appreciate that he has a difficult job to do and it is often a thankless one.

However the reduction in gates is alarming and must be a worry to the club. I read that Derby are losing £1.3m every week which is a serious concern. Other clubs are similarly affected.

As a small and sadly a selling club we are not helping our predicament and if the Chairman is not prepared to spend money to bring in a Centre Forward then the situation at the JSCS will only get worse. The League Cup money has long gone but the "substantial" six figure sum received this season could have gone on a striker.

Gates of 2,500 in a 10,000 all seater stadium are simply not viable and suggests that we are not going to get out of this league (the right way). All of which is grim at a time when our club has skirted with relegation to the National League and despite my optimism our Home form is simply not good enough to achieve promotion.

One can only hope that things change but that requires a fundamental philosophy change by RC in order to encourage the supporters back.

All of which is desperately sad because the 200 loyal supporters who travel Away love the club and offer their unconditional support.

It would be a crying shame if Home gates continue to dwindle and results do not improve. Crawley and Northampton are not going to set the league alight and frankly we should be beating them not putting in shocking lacklustre performances especially when we had played out of our skins the week before in Cumbria.

Sort it out.

Up the U's
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 1:18]

Durham_exile

Attendance on 09:52 - Sep 21 with 1404 viewsburnsieespana

As an exile even further away than Durham I was able to see the game on Saturday which although a disappointing result was a good afternoon out with my son. We came from Woking and the traffic conditions over the Dartford crossing were dreadful and it took us 2.75 hours.
Anyway back to some of the points raised here, Covid has most definitely not gone away as only yesterday I heard of the death of somebody my age who I had a working relationship 25 years ago
I have to say people in England and Scotland, as been to both in the last four weeks astound me as most don't wear masks, think Covid has gone away because Boris says get back to normal life and completely forgotten everything they learned about social distancing, etc over the last 18 months.
We moved seats as the area we were allocated was busy and other parts of the same area were devoid of people.
We chose to sit in a different section and not being a creature of habit, having random seats allocated does not worry me.
To finish, I think RC is doing absolutely the right thing in being exceedingly cautious as when you think about it only around 10% of the UK population has had Covid and, based upon my children's experiences so many fully vaccinated friends are going down with it and being really unwell.
Covid has not gone away and if we are not careful the UK is heading for severe problems this winter with restrictions in place.
We should support RC because after all, it be is his pocket being hit
As regards lack of shirts, no pies, etc because of staff shortages well, that is a real issue being faced as far as I can see across the UK for various reasons.
At this rate going to be a long hard winter.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 9:54]
Attendance on 10:15 - Sep 21 with 1385 viewsnoah4x4

Thrillseekers post typifies what many long-standing loyal local fans are now saying. The match day experience is terrible, and that is nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch.

There is no longer any focal point for fans to meet prior to the game since the fans bar and Hot Shots closed. Drinking under the South Stand Concourse has the same breeze block ambiance as the urinals and there isn’t a decent real ale. At one time you could buy a drink then congregate on the concourse, now one has to pass through the turnstiles into a cramped overcrowded cellar like tunnel. If one instead drinks in town then public transport to the stadium is challenging. Drink and driving to the stadium doesn’t compute. A pre-match pint (in moderation) with pals is part of the fabric of the Saturday experience. Now we can’t even sit together because our seats are not prior selected despite being in a common bubble.

We have long been promised that the Northern Gateway will create an environment similar to that at Stoke or MK Dons with local catering and retail. But that prospect remains distant. The football club is only in the “wrong place” because it remains in a desolate out of town undeveloped wilderness. The club needs to once again recognise this and restore the innovations that ended when fan focussed Matt Hudson departed. Yes, we have suffered covid, but let’s rejoice that 80% of adults are now inoculated. If fans are uncomfortable with covid they will stay away regardless of bubbles. But the current policies are driving away the Thrillseekers and others that during covid found alternative Saturday afternoon pursuits. I predict only the limited hard core of home fans will turn up next game.
Attendance on 12:32 - Sep 21 with 1363 viewsgerry_us

In seasons past I have got up on a Saturday morning and thought..."shall I go to the match today?" This entails a three hour drive each way but have done it a couple of times in the past seasons and enjoyed the day whatever the result; but not now. I am not even sure with the complicated ticketing system in place that I could actually arrive 30 minutes before, park,buy a ticket, have a quick lunch and drink before KO.
Probably have to rely on "northern" fixtures to see the U's this season at least
Attendance on 23:44 - Sep 24 with 1233 viewsDaniel

MFB, Noah & Thrillseeker have very much summed up how I feel at the moment too.

The 'match day experience' is just plain awful and lockdowns have opened our eyes to this since we had an enforced break from going to games.

This is my first year in 22 that I've not had a season ticket and I can fully appreciate why people are put off going to games. I woke up last Saturday, thought about going to the game, and then realised that the ticket price had gone for the umpteenth time, so decided not to waste my money. Why should I pay more for a ticket just because I didn't decide to go 8 weeks ago?
Attendance on 00:00 - Sep 25 with 1230 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance on 23:44 - Sep 24 by Daniel

MFB, Noah & Thrillseeker have very much summed up how I feel at the moment too.

The 'match day experience' is just plain awful and lockdowns have opened our eyes to this since we had an enforced break from going to games.

This is my first year in 22 that I've not had a season ticket and I can fully appreciate why people are put off going to games. I woke up last Saturday, thought about going to the game, and then realised that the ticket price had gone for the umpteenth time, so decided not to waste my money. Why should I pay more for a ticket just because I didn't decide to go 8 weeks ago?

And there is the dilemma. But here's the thing. If you decide not to go to the game.
Who loses out, the club doesn't receive your revenue, but you miss watching your team.

As I said I have read the thread with interest. Clearly it is different for local fans as opposed to Exiles but it is a shame that our home numbers are reducing for all the reasons stated here and perhaps some more.

However if you support a team then you need to be there to watch the side play where possible. If RC makes things difficult then so be it but I would always advocate going to the game as preferential to listening on the radio or even paying for the COLU TV service.

I have throughly enjoyed the four Away games that I have been to so far this season (incredibly I haven't watched us lose yet!).

We have a decent stadium, good playing surface and facilities so why are the fans voting with their feet and staying away. Cutting off ones nose to spite ones face springs to mind.

Oh and the team isn't bad either if you dont mind not having a striker!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Attendance on 08:22 - Sep 25 with 1220 viewsnoah4x4

Durham, football is a community event, some might say tribal. Meeting up with a group of pals for breakfast, a few pre-match beers in moderation, it was a ritual.

Where has that match day experience gone? Drinking and driving is a no no, so adequate public transport is essential. One joy of away games is the comraderie on the CUSA bus and we usually find a decent pub, eatery or highly reputed chippy whilst clubs like Exeter go out of their way to provide a few real ales. At home, we have now stopped meeting up in town. Whilst restrictions have been lifted, continued mask wearing and social distancing have changed the saturday and pub dynamics. Continuing restrictions at Jobserve is simply another barrier preventing a return to normality.

The Jobserve has become a soul less temple devoid of match day experience. The nearest bus stops and amenities are too distant and the concessionary caterers have vanished, whilst club cafe and fans bar closed. My group seems to have ended the past breakfast/pub ritual as during Covid people have found new Saturday morning pursuits and many are on diets or herd following alcohol abstention ("Sober September"). I arrived at the ground last week unusually alone and hungry and the concourses were near empty of people. You can now only get catering inside, but there no decent real ale and merely cardboard tasting burgers with ridiculous queues. Two thirds of my regular group had chosen to stay away and to do other things. The match was so disappointing, I then simply went home rather than pub. Home saturday's have changed beyond recognition and the club is doing nothing to encourage folk back.

I rarely miss U's matches home or away outside of the cricket season, but tonight I am with some other U's fan off to see the Anthony Joshua fight. People are now making choices having fallen out of these past football rituals during lockdown. We considered doing both events. But with railway closures and replacement bus services that wasn't feasible.

Had this been a home game, my absence would have cost me one game in my season ticket, no refund. I might therefore have thought twice about not attending. Today, with the match credit system, I might simply declare myself covid affected and get a refund. It is too easy to stay away. I will hazard a guess that the numbers of season match credit holders declining a ticket next weekend might wrongly suggest to those in Jobserve Towers that we have a fresh local outbreak vindicating their decisions. However, many that are not scared of covid won't return until they can sit in their own seat and not be forced to climb the dangerous steep steps or sit with strangers. Frankly, those that are covid risk averse are staying away regardless of measures to make the stadium safer. It is a recipe for gates to continue to fall even if we win today.
Attendance on 11:54 - Sep 25 with 1187 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance on 08:22 - Sep 25 by noah4x4

Durham, football is a community event, some might say tribal. Meeting up with a group of pals for breakfast, a few pre-match beers in moderation, it was a ritual.

Where has that match day experience gone? Drinking and driving is a no no, so adequate public transport is essential. One joy of away games is the comraderie on the CUSA bus and we usually find a decent pub, eatery or highly reputed chippy whilst clubs like Exeter go out of their way to provide a few real ales. At home, we have now stopped meeting up in town. Whilst restrictions have been lifted, continued mask wearing and social distancing have changed the saturday and pub dynamics. Continuing restrictions at Jobserve is simply another barrier preventing a return to normality.

The Jobserve has become a soul less temple devoid of match day experience. The nearest bus stops and amenities are too distant and the concessionary caterers have vanished, whilst club cafe and fans bar closed. My group seems to have ended the past breakfast/pub ritual as during Covid people have found new Saturday morning pursuits and many are on diets or herd following alcohol abstention ("Sober September"). I arrived at the ground last week unusually alone and hungry and the concourses were near empty of people. You can now only get catering inside, but there no decent real ale and merely cardboard tasting burgers with ridiculous queues. Two thirds of my regular group had chosen to stay away and to do other things. The match was so disappointing, I then simply went home rather than pub. Home saturday's have changed beyond recognition and the club is doing nothing to encourage folk back.

I rarely miss U's matches home or away outside of the cricket season, but tonight I am with some other U's fan off to see the Anthony Joshua fight. People are now making choices having fallen out of these past football rituals during lockdown. We considered doing both events. But with railway closures and replacement bus services that wasn't feasible.

Had this been a home game, my absence would have cost me one game in my season ticket, no refund. I might therefore have thought twice about not attending. Today, with the match credit system, I might simply declare myself covid affected and get a refund. It is too easy to stay away. I will hazard a guess that the numbers of season match credit holders declining a ticket next weekend might wrongly suggest to those in Jobserve Towers that we have a fresh local outbreak vindicating their decisions. However, many that are not scared of covid won't return until they can sit in their own seat and not be forced to climb the dangerous steep steps or sit with strangers. Frankly, those that are covid risk averse are staying away regardless of measures to make the stadium safer. It is a recipe for gates to continue to fall even if we win today.

Noah thank you for your response.

I am sorry that you sound so despondent about our Club. I'm wondering have you and your friends written to RC.

The eloquent way that you state your case must be translated into a case to go to the Directors. It is only if the supporters write and complain that the right people will be aware of your pain and suffering.

Our club must be losing considerable money each week. Monies received from transfers are not going towards attracting new players but filling black holes in funding and so the longer term stability of the club is at risk.

At present I am really enjoying Away matches perhaps more than ever. Last season I watched 43 games via the £10 investment per game (it must be true because that is the number of Matchday Credits that I built up and redeemed them for the Souvenir Shirt, Hat and Scarf). This season I am aiming for at least 13 Away games plus 5 or so home matches.

I will be aiming to attend a home game in the not to distant future and will be able to see for myself first hand just what is happening at the JSCS.

Football is a results game and until Home results improve crowds will continue to suffer regardless of other factors at the stadium.

The Away faithful sing "loyal supporters" and they are. Clearly more must be done to translate this passion into home matches.

I urge you to write to RC.

Enjoy the fight tonight. The bout that I want Joshua to win is against Fury.
Tonight will go a long way to enforcing AJ's credentials to get into the ring against TF.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Attendance on 13:14 - Sep 25 with 1170 viewsDaniel

RC won't listen Durham. If you read his statements, listen to his interviews etc, his message is always that people are contacting him about their concerns, but he just criticises them and says they they don't understand how the club is run and its finances.

His current method of running the club is trying to make it a sustainable business, but in the process the customer is well and truly being ignored for the sake of saving a few pennies.

When the likes of me, MFB, Noah, and Thrillseeker are giving up, RC has to wake up. But much like the government at the moment, he'll probably just blame Covid rather than acknowledge what the real problem is.
Attendance on 14:37 - Sep 25 with 1150 viewsMoor_Pinot

Attendance on 13:14 - Sep 25 by Daniel

RC won't listen Durham. If you read his statements, listen to his interviews etc, his message is always that people are contacting him about their concerns, but he just criticises them and says they they don't understand how the club is run and its finances.

His current method of running the club is trying to make it a sustainable business, but in the process the customer is well and truly being ignored for the sake of saving a few pennies.

When the likes of me, MFB, Noah, and Thrillseeker are giving up, RC has to wake up. But much like the government at the moment, he'll probably just blame Covid rather than acknowledge what the real problem is.

Correct Daniel.
A government that has something like Covid-19 behind which to hide whilst it tries to fund brexit and recruit lorry drivers without that appearing to contravene what it has already enacted is in a very strong place NOT to listen to its people.
Once that stance is taken you and mfb, thrillo and all others like us are smaller and more insignificant than pawns on the chess board.
The 'new normal' hasn't even begun yet because Covid-19 is still ahead of government so going to watch our football teams as we wish we could is some way off yet. There are plenty of murky waters to flow beyond the Colne's bridges yet I'm afraid.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024