Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds 14:41 - Sep 24 with 868 viewsdurham_exile

After the disappointment of a poor home performance against Crawley last Saturday, Head Coach Hayden Mullins is again missing from the U’s set up after testing positive for COVID-19. We all wish HM a speedy recovery and wish Alex Dyer well as he attempts to keep the U’s unbeaten Away record going.

Incidentally I think that not only will he succeed in that aim but also the U’s will secure a win by 3-1.

AD has some decisions to make with his squad selection. Miles Welch-Hayes and Ryan Clampin are both fit and should return to the side whilst Big Frank who celebrates his birthday should finally end the scoring drought that has affected his form this season.
Should Welch-Hayes not be passed fit then Cameron Coxe will again play at Full back. Luke Chambers is ready to return after his enforced one game ban, but I would keep him on the bench for Saturdays game. Charlie Daniels looked off the pace against Crawley and failed to cut out the cross which led to their solitary goal. Unfair perhaps but in a tight game that one missed challenge proved very costly.

With no movement on the Striker front and the goal machine Richard Kone content to ply his trade in the 9th level of English Football we carry on with our current squad. Sadly, there is no word about Michael Folivi’ s recovery from his achilles injury so we do not know whether he will be offered a contract any time soon. This is a shame because he is a useful and pacy striker.

Otherwise, the team should remain relatively unchanged.

I reckon the following in a 4,3,2,1 formation for the game at the County Ground against the Reds of Swindon Town coached by Ben Garner:

George

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Clampin

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Sears Jasper

Nouble

Subs:
Chambers Turner Hannant Tchamadeu Dobra Judge Daniels

Swindon, despite their very public pre-season problems and the parting of the ways with John McGreal started the season very well and were unbeaten for 8 games. They lost their last home match to mercurial Port Vale and scrambled a point at Northampton last weekend.
Garner reckons he has a fully fit squad which includes Anthony Grant who flirted with the possibility of playing for the U’s whilst at Plymouth but changed his mind and stayed with the Devonians eventually moving on down a league!

Wessex will be attending his first game of the season at the County Ground (a relatively local journey for him), and I hope that he witnesses a victory for the Super U’s.

The weather in Swindon tomorrow will be a warm 20 degrees Celsius with light cloud and less than a 10% chance of rain.

We need to get the Home Form monkey off our back and get the chance next week against Salford but tomorrow is all about another impressive Away performance at Swindon.

Goal scorers in the 3-1 win, Big Frank, Sylvester Jasper, and a fierce drive from Ryan Clampin.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 19:25 - Sep 24 with 816 viewsWitham

Mr and Mrs Witham will be there. Got my diesel at inflated price but we'll be there.
Having missed Home matches because of work and being in the land of the Prince Bishops we haven't seen the U's lose and Saturday looks fair for a win.
Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 22:39 - Sep 24 with 794 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 19:25 - Sep 24 by Witham

Mr and Mrs Witham will be there. Got my diesel at inflated price but we'll be there.
Having missed Home matches because of work and being in the land of the Prince Bishops we haven't seen the U's lose and Saturday looks fair for a win.

Witham very pleased to hear you will both be there at the County Ground

Sadly I can't get to Swindon tomorrow.

I agree a win for Col U is on the cards.
Safe journey, enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 14:05 - Sep 25 with 746 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 22:39 - Sep 24 by durham_exile

Witham very pleased to hear you will both be there at the County Ground

Sadly I can't get to Swindon tomorrow.

I agree a win for Col U is on the cards.
Safe journey, enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Super U's starting XI

George

Coxe Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Skuse

Hannant Judge Sears

Nouble

Subs

Turner Clampin Chilvers Jasper Eastman Dobra Tovide

Up the U's
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 14:13]

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 14:41 - Sep 25 with 733 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 14:05 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Super U's starting XI

George

Coxe Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Skuse

Hannant Judge Sears

Nouble

Subs

Turner Clampin Chilvers Jasper Eastman Dobra Tovide

Up the U's
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 14:13]

I'm OK with the first seven except that I would use Tom ahead of Chambers.
Can't get excited about the other four because they are not strikers. We need a chap who knows where the goal is, like Bonne does. Can't get why Tovide features each game but never gets a go!

Anyway best of luck to em again today. It might be tough there.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 15:04 - Sep 25 with 725 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 14:41 - Sep 25 by Moor_Pinot

I'm OK with the first seven except that I would use Tom ahead of Chambers.
Can't get excited about the other four because they are not strikers. We need a chap who knows where the goal is, like Bonne does. Can't get why Tovide features each game but never gets a go!

Anyway best of luck to em again today. It might be tough there.

Hope you enjoy the game Pinault

I would also like to see Tovide get some game time.

Junior Tchamadeu had a cameo at Barrow and looks really sharp also he would do to play further forward BUT we still need a striker!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 15:06 - Sep 25 with 724 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 15:04 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Hope you enjoy the game Pinault

I would also like to see Tovide get some game time.

Junior Tchamadeu had a cameo at Barrow and looks really sharp also he would do to play further forward BUT we still need a striker!!!!!

Up the U's

Former U's loanee Oteh has signed on loan at Salford and likely to play at the JSCS next week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:26 - Sep 25 with 701 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 15:06 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Former U's loanee Oteh has signed on loan at Salford and likely to play at the JSCS next week.

Up the U's

Jasper on for Hannant

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:36 - Sep 25 with 697 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:26 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Jasper on for Hannant

Come on the U's

Up the U's

Another three Away points required

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:46 - Sep 25 with 694 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:36 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Another three Away points required

Dobra on for Sears

So Dobra and Jasper both on.

Pace and skill with Big Frank in the centre

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:54 - Sep 25 with 684 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:46 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Dobra on for Sears

So Dobra and Jasper both on.

Pace and skill with Big Frank in the centre

Up the U's

Another precious Away point

Still unbeaten away now bring on Salford

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 671 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:54 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Chilvers on for Brendan Wiredu near the end of the game.
Hope not a serious injury.

Valuable point though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:12 - Sep 25 with 671 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 16:54 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Sorry Peter but unable to get excited about.. "Colchester NIL"
Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 665 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:12 - Sep 25 by gerry_us

Sorry Peter but unable to get excited about.. "Colchester NIL"

Gerry - I know but it is another point.

We now must get things sorted at home.

If Michael Folivi is fit soon we can give him a contract.

If Kone gets a Work Permit we can sign him.

Lots of options but how much do we want promotion.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:30 - Sep 25 with 660 viewsburnsieespana

What frightens me is we are only 3 points of rock bottom.
Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:42 - Sep 25 with 651 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:30 - Sep 25 by burnsieespana

Et tu Burnsie!

Come on, we have a game in hand and next week will I am sure finally get the Home monkey off our backs.

We must remain positive.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 649 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:30 - Sep 25 by burnsieespana

When you don't score goals Burnsie and when you don't look like scoring goals and when three of the seven we've managed in ten games were two dubious penalties and the most bizarre 35yd own goal of all time then....... 3 points off the bottom is the best we can expect!

Moor Pinot

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 19:18 - Sep 25 with 606 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 17:44 - Sep 25 by Moor_Pinot

When you don't score goals Burnsie and when you don't look like scoring goals and when three of the seven we've managed in ten games were two dubious penalties and the most bizarre 35yd own goal of all time then....... 3 points off the bottom is the best we can expect!

Ivan Toney isn't a bad striker!!!!!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 19:28 - Sep 25 with 605 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at the County Ground against the Reds on 19:18 - Sep 25 by durham_exile

Ivan Toney isn't a bad striker!!!!!!!!!!

Up the U's

In all seriousness the club must get a striker and quick

We are simply not going to score enough goals without someone.
Each game that goes by is only worsening our chances of promotion.

Get it sorted and quick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024