Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will Cowling listen? 15:59 - Oct 2 with 4460 viewsnoah4x4

0-2 down HT.
Abysmal half, utterly outplayed.
Ipswich rejects too old/slow.
Zero forward line.
Crowd chanting for Tom Eastman.
No fans bar
No Hotshots
Lowest League Two U’s crowd that I recall.
No catering in East Stand.
HT Queues abysmal in South Stand.
No shuttle buses
Awful match day experience.
Humes, De Souza and Waddington - OUT!

When will Cowling listen? on 17:47 - Oct 2 with 2915 viewsnoah4x4

Abysmal experience.
Home soaking wet, not helped by no public transport near to ground.
Crowd so small no problem with bubbles - just sit where you like!
We didn’t look like scoring. Did Sears (legally) touch the ball?
Never felt this awful, not even when spanked by MKD and Stevenage.
Need a complete change of management - off field too.
When will Cowling listen? on 18:36 - Oct 2 with 2893 viewsbwildered

Top class performance by the U’s, in the inept displays now that are all to common . Totally outplayed in the first half, not much improvement in the second.
Groundhog game for the U’s comparing to last seasons home form. Too sum it up George was MOTM, despite his first goal error, two other stunning saves .
Two subs entered the game FIVE mins into second half (?) .
Sadly looking like another bleak winter, with the resigned forwards not show any form . The visiting keeper hanged his towel behind the goal, surprisingly could have bought a iron board has well .
Anyone got Tisdale’s number just in case .
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:43]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

When will Cowling listen? on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 2889 viewsthrillseeker

Noah - I can't disagree with anything you have said.

Now my views of the players

George - a bad mistake for first goal but then made some outstanding saves to keep us in game

Coxe - not a footballer. Clueless. Why Tchambeau doesn't start in his place I don't know

Daniels - solid and does deliver some superb crosses for no one to finish as we do not have that instinctive striker

Chambers - old and appalling. He must have it written in his contract he has to play every game. No way is he an improvement on Eastman

Smith - where is the player from the last 15 games of last season.

Judge - people were telling me he was a great signing. Has shown me nothing yet

Skuse - played well at Birmingham but now a typical 4 or 5 out of 10 player

Chilvers - looks like his confidence is shot to pieces. No where near the player he was last season

Sears - better than Frank but that sadly doesn't mean much

Dobra - too lightweight for League 2 football but looks to have ability but just doesn't use it at the right time

Nouble - wow what a fall from grace, Never a world beater but always up for the battle but this season something isn't right with him

Subs
Eastman - how he does not get in first XI defence is beyond me. So much better than Chambers and Smith

Jasper - talented but doesn't know how to use it

Wiredu - probably our best player so far this season and dropped.

Typical southern softies that disliked the conditions and were not up for the battle

Mullins & Dyer are statues and look like they lack motivational skills.

Something needs to be done quickly

I thought Salford had a number of decent players
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:41]
When will Cowling listen? on 18:48 - Oct 2 with 2880 viewsmfb_cufc

I would personally like to say thank you very much to Mr Cowling. Because due to your pathetic stadium restrictions I missed seeing another pile of shi*e, and kept dry at the same time.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:13]

mfb

When will Cowling listen? on 19:36 - Oct 2 with 2858 viewsburnsieespana

I just hope RC doesn't leave things to drift as he did last year
Ball as recruitment officer has put us in an appalling position and the sad thing is to he young guns don't get to play.
We lack energy
When will Cowling listen? on 20:10 - Oct 2 with 2835 viewsLeadbelly

Hopeless
Unambitious
Mystifying
Exasperating
Subjugated

Outplayed
Undone
Terrible

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

When will Cowling listen? on 20:30 - Oct 2 with 2821 viewsMoor_Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 18:40 - Oct 2 by thrillseeker

Noah - I can't disagree with anything you have said.

Now my views of the players

George - a bad mistake for first goal but then made some outstanding saves to keep us in game

Coxe - not a footballer. Clueless. Why Tchambeau doesn't start in his place I don't know

Daniels - solid and does deliver some superb crosses for no one to finish as we do not have that instinctive striker

Chambers - old and appalling. He must have it written in his contract he has to play every game. No way is he an improvement on Eastman

Smith - where is the player from the last 15 games of last season.

Judge - people were telling me he was a great signing. Has shown me nothing yet

Skuse - played well at Birmingham but now a typical 4 or 5 out of 10 player

Chilvers - looks like his confidence is shot to pieces. No where near the player he was last season

Sears - better than Frank but that sadly doesn't mean much

Dobra - too lightweight for League 2 football but looks to have ability but just doesn't use it at the right time

Nouble - wow what a fall from grace, Never a world beater but always up for the battle but this season something isn't right with him

Subs
Eastman - how he does not get in first XI defence is beyond me. So much better than Chambers and Smith

Jasper - talented but doesn't know how to use it

Wiredu - probably our best player so far this season and dropped.

Typical southern softies that disliked the conditions and were not up for the battle

Mullins & Dyer are statues and look like they lack motivational skills.

Something needs to be done quickly

I thought Salford had a number of decent players
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:41]

Ten out of ten for that Thrillo.
Don't disagree with a single word.
Feel a bit sorry for Clampin, Chilvers and especially Wiredu as well as some of the youngsters who don't get a kick. What must they think.

I posted how worried I was by the Ipswich retirees, easy moves to nice comfy set up, no house move etc. Result - potential for complacency. Begins to look as though I was right. Sears being an excellent example of that. He actually did nothing. Frank is a shadow of two years back and was hapless - as were many of em - but he was impressive compared to Sears.

It's worrying.

Moor Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 2820 viewsMoor_Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 20:10 - Oct 2 by Leadbelly

Hopeless
Unambitious
Mystifying
Exasperating
Subjugated

Outplayed
Undone
Terrible

Agree with all eight emotions Lead.
Would add hapless and worrying to make it ten.

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

When will Cowling listen? on 20:43 - Oct 2 with 2818 viewsGOSBTS

I haven’t seen the U’s play this season so take my words with a pinch of salt, but is it being unfair to point the finger at Mullins? Chambers, Sears, Skuse and Judge were League One quality last year and have the benefit of all knowing how to play with one another. Looking at the formation on BBC, why was a creative player like Judge playing DMF? Dobra was one of the few to survive Cook’s summer cull at Ipswich and is clearly rated (I think Brighton were looking at him a couple of seasons ago). Daniels is ex-PL. These players should be good enough to be pushing the U’s for promotion. Questions must be asked of management and style of play, surely?
When will Cowling listen? on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 2785 viewsnoah4x4

When will Cowling listen? on 20:43 - Oct 2 by GOSBTS

I haven’t seen the U’s play this season so take my words with a pinch of salt, but is it being unfair to point the finger at Mullins? Chambers, Sears, Skuse and Judge were League One quality last year and have the benefit of all knowing how to play with one another. Looking at the formation on BBC, why was a creative player like Judge playing DMF? Dobra was one of the few to survive Cook’s summer cull at Ipswich and is clearly rated (I think Brighton were looking at him a couple of seasons ago). Daniels is ex-PL. These players should be good enough to be pushing the U’s for promotion. Questions must be asked of management and style of play, surely?

Sorry, but how do these Ipswich rejects get ahead of Tom Eastman and Samson Tovide?

Terrible!
When will Cowling listen? on 22:39 - Oct 2 with 2782 viewsLeadbelly

When will Cowling listen? on 20:32 - Oct 2 by Moor_Pinot

Agree with all eight emotions Lead.
Would add hapless and worrying to make it ten.

Can’t have worrying…W doesn’t fit.

When will Cowling listen? on 23:10 - Oct 2 with 2773 viewsgerry_us

When will Cowling listen? on 22:39 - Oct 2 by Leadbelly

Can’t have worrying…W doesn’t fit.

Think he missed the main gist of your message!
When will Cowling listen? on 07:47 - Oct 3 with 2740 viewsLeadbelly

When will Cowling listen? on 23:10 - Oct 2 by gerry_us

Think he missed the main gist of your message!

Reckon so. Less cryptic in future!

When will Cowling listen? on 07:51 - Oct 3 with 2738 viewsMoor_Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 07:47 - Oct 3 by Leadbelly

Reckon so. Less cryptic in future!

My apologies Lead. Please forgive me.
I'm clearly as inept as the team seem to be.

Moor Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 08:16 - Oct 3 with 2725 viewsLeadbelly

When will Cowling listen? on 07:51 - Oct 3 by Moor_Pinot

My apologies Lead. Please forgive me.
I'm clearly as inept as the team seem to be.

No apologies necessary PN…. you couldn’t possibly match the club’s current efforts!

On a serious note, why does our playing style, ponderous and goal shy, stay the same regardless of changes in coaches and players? There is one constant, of course, and perhaps that is the real problem.

When will Cowling listen? on 08:48 - Oct 3 with 2718 viewsMoor_Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 08:16 - Oct 3 by Leadbelly

No apologies necessary PN…. you couldn’t possibly match the club’s current efforts!

On a serious note, why does our playing style, ponderous and goal shy, stay the same regardless of changes in coaches and players? There is one constant, of course, and perhaps that is the real problem.

Thank you.

Yes, the striker less, slow slow start playing style with unimaginative substitutions has been on my mind for several seasons and I haven't been able to fathom a reason so your constant is indeed possible nay probable food for thought.

My worry is that I see no sign of improvement. We were reasonable at Barrow, good at Brum, otherwise a dubious penalty saved us against Mansfield who deserved to win, as did Rochdale who gave us the goal that prevented them. We even spent an hour trying to give oldham at least a point having been two up quickly. I can't believe we have scored just 8 times in 12 Cup and league games, and two were lucky penalties and one a joke own goal.

Your 'constant' is beginning to look like a consistency for our inabilities.

Moor Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 14:13 - Oct 3 with 2648 viewsDaniel

Having slept on it, I think yesterday goes down as the worst home game I have ever attended. Yes there have been games just as terrible and likewise there have been games in such awful weather, but what makes this one top is that the match day experience was and continues to be just as bad and there is no hope of improvement either on or off the pitch.

It really feels like our club is dying.
When will Cowling listen? on 15:29 - Oct 3 with 2640 viewsnoah4x4

The consistency relates to Humes, De Souza and Waddington. Playing system and philosophy don’t seem to have changed since Humes failed miserably. The only difference being ditching youth and recruiting rejects from Portman Road.

Fans universally chanting “Eastman, Eastman” must have distressed Mullins and when Tom and Sarpong-Wiredu came on the improvement was immediate. Sampson Tovide might not be the finished article, but at least he makes some impact, unlike the diminutive Sears that has zero physical presence. Nouble is no #9. Best play him left side with Tovide leading the line alongside Dobra in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Frankly, it is time Cowling ceased backing his failed mates, instead let the team manager handle selection and recruitment and get a marketing experienced brain to run the club’s off-field relationship with fans and other stakeholders. Merely 2,500 home fans must sound alarm bells.
When will Cowling listen? on 18:37 - Oct 8 with 2367 viewsnoah4x4

Fantastic welcome at Prenton Park!

Fans Zone
Fans (marquee) Bar
German Beer Bar
Great pub next door (Merseyside Clipper) with live DJ
Decent real ales.
Cheap as chips.
It’s two hours before kick off and rocking!

Wake up Col Utd and learn how other clubs attract and keep fans…….
When will Cowling listen? on 19:17 - Oct 8 with 2354 viewsMoor_Pinot

Poor Chilvers, no place for him yet Coxe starts.
Not feeling very positive, need to be proved wrong!
Up the "who really are the U's? "

Moor Pinot

When will Cowling listen? on 21:40 - Oct 8 with 2325 viewsTheOldOakTree

Bonne, playing for the worst farmers team to ever walk this earth, has scored more goals than our entire squad (did we have a shot on target tonight?).

…and what happened to the melt that didn’t rate him and couldn’t fit him in his system? …well of course he was made a Director.

Sarfend getting twice our crowd playing one step up from pub teams.

Robster, nothing personal, but please f-off sometime soon and take your arrogance and ridiculous debt with you, this is getting painful.
When will Cowling listen? on 19:23 - Oct 9 with 2201 viewsgerry_us

When will Cowling listen? on 21:40 - Oct 8 by TheOldOakTree

Bonne, playing for the worst farmers team to ever walk this earth, has scored more goals than our entire squad (did we have a shot on target tonight?).

…and what happened to the melt that didn’t rate him and couldn’t fit him in his system? …well of course he was made a Director.

Sarfend getting twice our crowd playing one step up from pub teams.

Robster, nothing personal, but please f-off sometime soon and take your arrogance and ridiculous debt with you, this is getting painful.

Another Bonne goal today and apparently should really have been two.
Does he give lessons?
Why-O-why did we treat him so abysmally?
When will Cowling listen? on 20:40 - Oct 9 with 2185 viewsLeadbelly

When will Cowling listen? on 19:23 - Oct 9 by gerry_us

Does he give lessons?

Because those making the decisions don’t know their arse from their elbow?

When will Cowling listen? on 23:15 - Oct 9 with 2139 viewsdurham_exile

When will Cowling listen? on 19:23 - Oct 9 by gerry_us

Does he give lessons?

Please don't get me started on Macca Bonne. I had almost forgotten about him and how poorly we treated him.

A footballer deserves more than 8 minutes per game!!!!

Steven Gillespie was behind me in the queue for food at half time with his two sons at Tranmere. I reckon all three of them could have done better than some of our clowns. I didn't see Neill Danns though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

When will Cowling listen? on 08:28 - Oct 10 with 2116 viewsnoah4x4

Having a free Saturday after travelling to Tranmere I was persuaded to visit Portman Road with my Ipswich loving best pal. No ticketing bubble nonsense, club shop full of stock, adequate catering, no recruitment issues. Much better match day experience.

Dismal football match, where I sat on my hands in a full Sir Bobby Robson Stand praying for a Shrewsbury result. But credit to Ipswich, they do offer a proper match day experience and travel by public transport is easy. I saw a surprising number of familiar faces amongst the 19,256 and I am convinced we have lost fans to the Tractor Boys. I do know a few that once habitually alternated between the U's and Ipswich that probably now don't bother with the Jobserve, and I can understand why.

Macca Bonne scored again. He has already reached legendary status as "one of their own" having been rejected by Ipswich at age 14. I suspect attitude problems plagued him during his time at the Jobserve and it was interesting to see how he was constantly in the ear of the Shrew' s keeper and defence. Whatever he was muttering was clearly a source of irritation.

The U's don't have a Bonne, Gillespie, Cureton or McGleish worthy of such worship. Our off field match day experience is non-existent. I fear disaster looming after Harrogate put six past Scunthorpe yesterday. Another home defeat will probably be the last straw for many, notably since Paul Cook does seem to be restoring faith amongst the farmers. Cowling, wake up! Waddington, Humes and De Souza out!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024