Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 20211022 19:51 - Oct 22 with 1116 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/october/club-statement/

I kind of feel like it could've started "Dear Noah..."

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Club Statement 20211022 on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 1113 viewsRSCOSWORTH

20211022 is the date not the number of statements Mr Cowling has made since becoming chairman.

Club Statement 20211022 on 00:44 - Oct 23 with 1039 viewsDaniel

Having just wasted a few minutes reading this crap, I've come to the conclusion that Jacob Rees-Mogg is more in touch with what is going on at our club that Robbie Cowling is.

Yet another I'm right, you're wrong bullshit statement.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Club Statement 20211022 on 01:14 - Oct 23 with 1028 viewswessex_exile

Haters have got to hate I guess.

Robbie Cowling has set out his reasoning behind the decisions he’s had to make, and some of the matters he has absolutely no control over. That’s clearly unpalatable to those who don’t prop up the club to the tune of millions every year, though clearly believe they can run the club better, but the level of abuse he’s receiving is shameful.

Eventually I have no doubt he’ll decide enough of this shite, it’s not worth the abuse, and walk. Which no doubt many will welcome - until you realise there’s no money-bags financier ready in the wings to pick up the tab - and then we’re gone, and the haters will have no one else but themselves to blame.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Club Statement 20211022 on 08:48 - Oct 23 with 993 viewsburnsieespana

Wessex I have to say I agree.
RC could let go tomorrow and it would make little difference since he will never get the money back he has invested but unless the club is fortunate enough to find people with money like the tractor boys it will be gone.
Club Statement 20211022 on 13:22 - Oct 23 with 934 viewsnoah4x4

Interesting post in the Gazette refuting the data…
––
Picking some random clubs in League 2 around Col U status, I've calculated the following. Based on average attendance for the first 6 games of the 2021-2022 season, against the 2018-2019 season - as Cowling states, pre-pandemic and with Col U showing a 24% fall, I have the following for you:
Carlisle +15.3%
Oldham -12.7%
Tranmere +31.4%
Stevenage +13.1%
People want to get out, they want to be able to go to a football match after being locked down. Above all, they want to be able to sit where they want - as they do in a theatre, cinema and train. The club is suffering because the Col U hierarchy believe they know better than scientists.
–––––
I
i will add an observation that the innovation of season long Match Day Passes now seems to be backfiring. To get your money back if you can’t/won’t attend any game you simply declare that you have covid or have covid concerns. Now the data derived will falsely suggests an increase in covid rates, which is then being used to justify falling gates. That is patently nonsense as only a few persons pushing the decline button actually have covid. So, who is advising Robbie that people are dropping like flies due to this illness? Fans are staying away for other non-covid reasons and exploiting the overly generous Match Day Passes.

Loyal fans have every right to moan about the poor match day experience as customers, and nobody more so than the 250 of us heading for Port Vale who will enjoy a warm welcome in their fans bar. We care passionately about the club and it is an insult to suggest that we are deliberately undermining the club for any malicious purpose. We just want to see common sense and normality restored, like at the other 91 league clubs.

It is clearly to too late and too IT costly to change systems mid-season; but a reversion to regular season tickets is critical for next season. Then fans can select their own seats and the club won’t be exposed to the greater financial weakness of Match Day Passes. Whoever invented Match Day Passes shot the club in the foot. In the meanwhile, drop the covid declaration, cease refunds, end bubbles and restore seat selection and all will soon be remedied as regards ticketing. Then sort out catering and other stuff which is an entirely different issue.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 13:27]
Club Statement 20211022 on 14:12 - Oct 23 with 916 viewsdurham_exile

Never mind all the bollocks about who is wrong and who is right.

Where is Eddie the Eagle.

Has he gone and if so are we getting a new mascot.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Club Statement 20211022 on 14:30 - Oct 23 with 907 viewsbwildered

Club Statement 20211022 on 14:12 - Oct 23 by durham_exile

Never mind all the bollocks about who is wrong and who is right.

Where is Eddie the Eagle.

Has he gone and if so are we getting a new mascot.

Up the U's

Bird flu

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Club Statement 20211022 on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 884 viewsgerry_us

Club Statement 20211022 on 00:44 - Oct 23 by Daniel

Having just wasted a few minutes reading this crap, I've come to the conclusion that Jacob Rees-Mogg is more in touch with what is going on at our club that Robbie Cowling is.

Yet another I'm right, you're wrong bullshit statement.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What intrigues me is what did Daniel (the moderator) say so bad that the moderator (Daniel) had to edit it?

My feeling, for what it is worth is that the option of the U's at this particular time; without Robbie Cowling would be "no U's."
I don't see any Saudi prince's ready to invest in us so RC is what we have and we should stop slagging him off and back him as much as possible.
Without him we are DEAD.
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement 20211022 on 05:13 - Oct 25 with 757 viewsGOSBTS

I can’t really comment as I haven’t been this season, but I saw this online by a diehard Col U fan who used to be a colleague of mine:

“Wasn't at game. Wisely went to
@AFCSudbury
where we enjoyed a much better off field experience. Excellent choice of refreshments for ALL, football on the big screen before.
@ColU_Official
inept on and off field. Poor management at every level. The rot has set in. Disappointing”

Quite damning if the experience at a non-league ground is becoming more enjoyable.
Club Statement 20211022 on 11:43 - Oct 25 with 696 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Club Statement 20211022 on 05:13 - Oct 25 by GOSBTS

I can’t really comment as I haven’t been this season, but I saw this online by a diehard Col U fan who used to be a colleague of mine:

“Wasn't at game. Wisely went to
@AFCSudbury
where we enjoyed a much better off field experience. Excellent choice of refreshments for ALL, football on the big screen before.
@ColU_Official
inept on and off field. Poor management at every level. The rot has set in. Disappointing”

Quite damning if the experience at a non-league ground is becoming more enjoyable.

My friend is a ref and Sudbury play at the level he refs at and he always says what a welcoming and friendly club they are. I guess when you're at that level you have to use that as a selling point. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc don't need to be welcoming or friendly but lower and non league clubs probably do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024