Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 19:21 - Nov 13 with 1025 viewsburnsieespana

No Colchester United to fret about today so what did you do?
Today on 20:10 - Nov 13 with 1007 viewswessex_exile

LOL - wrote my blog for some of it, then laughed at Southend for the rest

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Today on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 993 viewsgerry_us

Today on 20:10 - Nov 13 by wessex_exile

LOL - wrote my blog for some of it, then laughed at Southend for the rest

Relaxed
Today on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 992 viewsdurham_exile

Lazy day today Burnsie

I read the Saturday paper at a leisurely pace!

Caught some of the football scores on Sky.

Watched the England Australia Rugby and watched Lewis Hamilton claw his way back into contention for tomorrows Brazilian Grand Prix.

Hamilton can win despite the grid penalty that he has been given. I simply cannot stand Verstappen under any circumstances.

League Two scores not bad for us.

National League just keeps on getting better and better. Southend have a good chance of back to back relegations. Bring it on.

Busy day tomorrow on Remembrance Sunday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Today on 21:21 - Nov 13 with 985 viewsMadeira163

Went to get booster and flu jab but need to get residency (appointment Friday)
Cleaned the house had a beer
Watching remembrance service as every year
Feel naked first year not worn a poppy
My container with my medals etc still not arrived
Today on 21:32 - Nov 13 with 984 viewsburnsieespana

Me?
Went to a Remembrance Service led by the Chaplain of my local British Legion Branch where I am Treasurer.
During the afternoon no stress and my son , who supports Woking messaging me and then reading Southend fans saying the visitors were 2/3 yards faster.
Finally checked on my junior Scottish team, Bonnyrigg Rose in the Lowland League. This team was where the great Johnnie Fowler was signed from.
This evening enjoyed Lewis Hamilton clawing back places. Likewise Durham can't stand Verspaten and Horner so hope a miracle can happen with Lewis winning and the Red Bull having an issue and earning no points.
Today on 09:06 - Nov 14 with 933 viewsLeadbelly

Bought a new car.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Today on 09:12 - Nov 14 with 932 viewsbwildered

Went to see the manager-less Regent . Looks like a large exodus of players and hence a six nil defeat. Have not been able to cope at this level due to money and large travel and costs. Relegation already looks certain with a new manager having big job in rebuild .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Today on 15:24 - Nov 14 with 904 viewsMoor_Pinot

Swept up some leaves. Went to the baker and the butcher in the next village, went for a walk and carried on with the next picture I'm on.

I'm different to some, I don't wish Southend ill and hope one day they'll rebuild.

I spent the first 8 years of my working life teaching there, saw some good bands at the Cliffs Pavilion, played cricket on what were once 'county' grounds, the birdwatching off the pier and Canvey is good, cockles and a couple of pints from wood casks at the Crooked Billet in Leigh was brilliant and the people were largely both positive and friendly - certainly more so than the Somerset folk were when I moved on. Never got used to the cockney accent though and there was too much traffic.

Roots Hall is a bit of a bear pit but I wouldn't mind if ours was these days.
So, all in all I think Curo's hattrick in the 0-3 thrashing and our superior performance in the Championship to theirs has got any antipathy I feel towards them out of my system. I can't see them resurfacing for a long time as a quick look at the National league would demoralise any team relegated from div two these days.

It's the lot up the A12 I can't stand.

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 15:33 - Nov 14 with 899 viewsbwildered

Today on 09:06 - Nov 14 by Leadbelly

Bought a new car.

Has electric finally arrived down by the Stour ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Today on 23:05 - Nov 14 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Lewis proved today why he is the best F1 driver.

As Toto Wolfe succinctly put it "f**k em all Lewis"

Three races left game on
Come on Lewis Hamilton

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Today on 07:11 - Nov 15 with 837 viewsnoah4x4

Went to see 'Back to the Future the musical' in London.

Music, somewhat forgettable (generic 1950s rockabilly). Plot, probably confusing unless you recall the movie, but the Delorean Car and special effects are sensational.

The plutonium powered flying sports car travelling at 88 MPH on a regular stage is wholly credibibly in a jaw dropping manner far surpassing even the helicopter moment in Miss Saigon. I reckon a three star show, but deserves five ++ stars for the "wow, how did they do that?" moments. But my enjoyment was spoilt by absolutely appalling leg room in the dress circle considering that tickets were £110 pp. If you are over 6 foot or have a 2XL+ arse, make sure you choose your seats carefully, albeit they might all be designed for Ronnie Corbett sized peeps.

Mrs Noah4x4 was delighted with her day out (which matters most) permitting me to be absent on at least another 52 consecutive cricket and football saturday's. So mission accomplished. See you all at Stevenage.
Today on 08:41 - Nov 15 with 826 viewsdurham_exile

Today on 07:11 - Nov 15 by noah4x4

Went to see 'Back to the Future the musical' in London.

Music, somewhat forgettable (generic 1950s rockabilly). Plot, probably confusing unless you recall the movie, but the Delorean Car and special effects are sensational.

The plutonium powered flying sports car travelling at 88 MPH on a regular stage is wholly credibibly in a jaw dropping manner far surpassing even the helicopter moment in Miss Saigon. I reckon a three star show, but deserves five ++ stars for the "wow, how did they do that?" moments. But my enjoyment was spoilt by absolutely appalling leg room in the dress circle considering that tickets were £110 pp. If you are over 6 foot or have a 2XL+ arse, make sure you choose your seats carefully, albeit they might all be designed for Ronnie Corbett sized peeps.

Mrs Noah4x4 was delighted with her day out (which matters most) permitting me to be absent on at least another 52 consecutive cricket and football saturday's. So mission accomplished. See you all at Stevenage.

Great Scott - Pleased to hear you enjoyed the Back to the Future musical Noah.

The three films are cult classics so if the special effects on stage are passing the wow factor then the producers have done a great job.

"When this car reaches 88mph you're going to see some serious s88t"

Another club has sacked their manager just before they play the Super U's

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Today on 10:49 - Nov 15 with 814 viewsWitham

Did nobody else watch the BBC programme re Macclesfield ? For all who criticise Robbie Cowling this should be essential viewing.
Today on 11:59 - Nov 15 with 804 viewsdurham_exile

Today on 10:49 - Nov 15 by Witham

Did nobody else watch the BBC programme re Macclesfield ? For all who criticise Robbie Cowling this should be essential viewing.

Witham I didn't see it but will try to see it via Catch Up.

Durham_exile

Today on 13:51 - Nov 15 with 794 viewsLeadbelly

Today on 15:33 - Nov 14 by bwildered

Has electric finally arrived down by the Stour ?

Not yet; until it does I'll be powered by diesel!

And by "new" I meant new to me rather than fresh out of the showroom.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Today on 13:55 - Nov 15 with 791 viewsWitham

Burnsie
It was on Saturday in the Match of the Day Slot - it's called Robbie Savage and Macclesfield, or something like that. An eye-opener into the true costs of running a small stadium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024