Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To jab or not to jab - ??? 15:55 - Nov 24 with 1261 viewsMrHappy2

People in certain parts of Europe being told to get jabbed by a certain time or face not being able to work again.

Do these measures seem to be the way forward now to eradicate this ‘plague’ once and for all ?

Or is it a disgrace to force peoples hand ?

It’s on a knife edge ..
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 15:56]

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:21 - Nov 24 with 1219 viewsbwildered

Unless burn out or total human inoculation, Capt Kirk will boldly be transporting to new civilations our welcome pack of infestation, pollution and VAR .
With the words , he’s dead Jim and offside .
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 17:23]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:22 - Nov 24 with 1218 viewswessex_exile

We already have a plethora of mandatory vaccines shoved in our arms from birth onwards - diptheria, hep B, Hib, polio, tetanus, whooping cough, meningitis B and C, measles, mumps, rubella etc. These are all diseases that have largely been eradicated from modern society (like, for instance, small pox as well) precisely because we have a comprehensive mandatory vaccination programme. Unfortunately, the covid vaccine has been politicised by stupid people into apparently something that impinges on their freedom (not to mention 5G microchips, Jewish space lasers etc.), and so here we are still coping with an ever-increasing rate of infection (36,550 new cases just yesterday).

Make it mandatory gets my vote.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:26 - Nov 24 with 1212 viewsMrHappy2

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:22 - Nov 24 by wessex_exile

We already have a plethora of mandatory vaccines shoved in our arms from birth onwards - diptheria, hep B, Hib, polio, tetanus, whooping cough, meningitis B and C, measles, mumps, rubella etc. These are all diseases that have largely been eradicated from modern society (like, for instance, small pox as well) precisely because we have a comprehensive mandatory vaccination programme. Unfortunately, the covid vaccine has been politicised by stupid people into apparently something that impinges on their freedom (not to mention 5G microchips, Jewish space lasers etc.), and so here we are still coping with an ever-increasing rate of infection (36,550 new cases just yesterday).

Make it mandatory gets my vote.

Superb 👏

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:27 - Nov 24 with 1211 viewsMrHappy2

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:21 - Nov 24 by bwildered

Unless burn out or total human inoculation, Capt Kirk will boldly be transporting to new civilations our welcome pack of infestation, pollution and VAR .
With the words , he’s dead Jim and offside .
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 17:23]

🥴

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:51 - Nov 24 with 1198 viewsnoah4x4

I’m fed up with the selfish attitudes of a minority that won’t act like responsible UK citizens and prefer anarchy rather than compliance. If people won’t get jabbed, they are putting other lives at risk. What don’t these people get about ALL lives matter?

Frankly, I would follow the fast developing European lead, hence be jabbed or risk losing entry privileges to nightclubs, cinemas, theatre, football or other venues where covid might be rapidly spread by the unvaccinated. We must also protect teaching staff and front line NHS by insisting children over 12 are jabbed (younger too when deemed appropriate by the independent JVC). No exceptions except proven medical grounds. Then, prison sentences for anti-Vaxxers that spread malicious misinformation. It is time that the majority had a voice rather than pandering to the few.
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 18:03 - Nov 24 with 1194 viewsburnsieespana

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:51 - Nov 24 by noah4x4

I’m fed up with the selfish attitudes of a minority that won’t act like responsible UK citizens and prefer anarchy rather than compliance. If people won’t get jabbed, they are putting other lives at risk. What don’t these people get about ALL lives matter?

Frankly, I would follow the fast developing European lead, hence be jabbed or risk losing entry privileges to nightclubs, cinemas, theatre, football or other venues where covid might be rapidly spread by the unvaccinated. We must also protect teaching staff and front line NHS by insisting children over 12 are jabbed (younger too when deemed appropriate by the independent JVC). No exceptions except proven medical grounds. Then, prison sentences for anti-Vaxxers that spread malicious misinformation. It is time that the majority had a voice rather than pandering to the few.

Have to say I agree.
The unvaccinated (apart from for medical reasons) are putting so many other people at risk.
Only today the ONS said 1 in 4 people tested positive for Covid don't isolate so more selfishness.
If we don't all work together this virus will never be beaten.
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 18:32 - Nov 24 with 1184 viewsbwildered

Anti vax population should be refused ICU beds in the NHS from the end of the year . They live by the sword ……

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 18:51 - Nov 24 with 1173 viewsMrHappy2

I know 4 people personally who have died all around the 58-60 year old mark and at Least 2 of them refused the vaccination.

I know lots more also abstaining ...but their convictions seem to buckle when the threat of losing their job is a possibility.

Login to get fewer ads

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 20:20 - Nov 24 with 1154 viewsdurham_exile

What is the justification that Anti vaxxers put forward as to why they don't want the innoculations.

Vax em all I say.

Up the fully vaxxed U's
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 22:26]

Durham_exile

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 20:29 - Nov 24 with 1155 viewsMoor_Pinot

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:51 - Nov 24 by noah4x4

Correct.
And it works.
I can think of few more stubborn and occasionally arrogant folk than the French - & I apologise for the generalisation - yet here I have been amazed at how they have rolled up to be inoculated, contently walked out of the booth with their 'pass sanitaire' & even in a larger number than in 2020 have declined to go on holiday.

The result is thirty five thousand fewer deaths than in the UK and although I really want to come back soon as I age at the moment I actually feel safer here because of the fact that government has taken the so called harder line. I have not a moment of time for the selfish people who won't think of others.
And whilst I am on it, why don't people wear masks when I watch the six o'clock news on BBC there just aren't any. 135€ on the spot if you don't here!
By taking a common collective cross nation approach it must be more possible to arrest this ghastly thing.
So, yes, I believe that there should be a directive as is to be the case in Austria.

Moor Pinot

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 20:59 - Nov 24 with 1153 viewsburnsieespana

Interesting point Pinault makes about masks as here very much the same and according to figures 80% of the population are fully vaccinated.
Read recently about the first proper study done on mask wearing the conclusion was it reduces risk by 53%!
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 21:38 - Nov 24 with 1147 viewsLeadbelly

Friend was telling me last night that a recent survey shows a significant proportion of those most seriously affected and clogging up hospital beds are, no great surprise, unvaccinated. I fail to understand why anyone would refuse a vaccination that may save their life and the lives of everyone else with whom they have contact.

The anti-vax brigade has yet to produce a single shred of evidence in support of their stance and their continuing refusal to be vaccinated prolongs the the epidemic for everyone. Wilful stupidity on a grand scale.

I had my booster last Thursday at the stadium. The jab was too high and quite rough but I thought nothing further about it until late that evening when my shoulder became very sore and I had tingling down my arm. Almost no sleep that night or the next, couldn’t get dressed properly on Friday and was in serious pain until Sunday afternoon. Friend cheered me up by sending me an article about SIRVA (shoulder injury related to vaccine administration) which has left some people in agony for months and leading to mental health issues as well. Luckily I’m now suffering no more than a bit of stiffness if my arm is above my head but, and here’s the thing, if I’d been told I could be seriously affected for the next few months I would still have had the booster. Better that than being dead or, even worse, being responsible for someone else’s demise.

I have no sympathy for these selfish, ignorant fools who refuse to do the right thing so legislate and punish where necessary.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 22:13 - Nov 24 with 1137 viewsMadeira163

Hi
Well here in Madeira as of Saturday if I want to go tongue pub restaurant gym (unlikely) I will have to show proof of vaccine and a lateral flow test within 7 days
Supermarket one or the other
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 22:37 - Nov 24 with 1120 viewsoxfcolu

Agree with all comments. I have spent the majority of my working life requiring different vaccinations for travelling and protection.Don't understand people who refuse unless their afraid of a little prick!!!
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 23:17 - Nov 24 with 1111 viewsgerry_us

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 22:37 - Nov 24 by oxfcolu

Agree with all comments. I have spent the majority of my working life requiring different vaccinations for travelling and protection.Don't understand people who refuse unless their afraid of a little prick!!!

They don't say "little prick" anymore.
Replaced with "sharp scratch"
How boring...
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 02:48 - Nov 25 with 1094 viewsghughes11

Today's COVID-19 Update

178 new cases in the community:

149 in Auckland,

16 in Waikato,

9 in the Bay of Plenty,

2 in Northland,

1 in the Rotorua/Taupo Lakes,

1 in the MidCentral district (specifically Pahiatua);

Another COVID patient at an Auckland hospital has died - a man in his late 50s;

77 people are in hospital with 8 in ICU;

The average age of hospitalisations is 46;

Approximately 60% of the cases in hospital are unvaccinated or ineligible for vaccination due to age;

92% of the eligible population in NZ has now had their first dose - this is 77% of the total population;

84% have been fully vaccinated, which is 71% of the total population.

See you all on the 30th April when fully vaccinated travellers from overseas will be able to enter NZ without MIQ!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 06:38 - Nov 25 with 1089 viewsnoah4x4

New Zealand did remarkably well locking down early, but then, so did Germany. UK Government was severely criticised. But now, case ratios have risen in Germany as it catches up with PAST UK infection rates. It will be interesting to see if NZ is simply behind this curve or if its vaccination rates will keep them low.

If vaccination works as it should, any future spike in NZ transmission should be lower with fewer deaths and hospitalisations. However, I doubt if NZ can avoid a steep rise at some stage of the curve, albeit then perhaps no more impactful than severe flu if vaccination rates reach 90%. The sooner it washes through the better, as it will provide evidence that prudence and vaccination is vital and provide base measurements for future pandemic management. However, I doubt if it's current low numbers can be indefinitely sustainable. Viruses always fund a way, and can only be defeated by innoculation. Isolation only works until a breach.
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 10:17 - Nov 26 with 1016 viewsthrillseeker

Booster jab for me tomorrow at the ground
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 10:43 - Nov 26 with 1006 viewsgerry_us

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 10:17 - Nov 26 by thrillseeker

Booster jab for me tomorrow at the ground

I heard they were also doing them at half time tonight in an effort to grow the attendance.
To jab or not to jab - ??? on 17:24 - Nov 26 with 976 viewsmrhappy

To jab or not to jab - ??? on 10:43 - Nov 26 by gerry_us

I heard they were also doing them at half time tonight in an effort to grow the attendance.

Smart move 🥴

Another varient emerges 🥴🥴

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024