Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich sack Cook 00:06 - Dec 5 with 1572 viewsnoah4x4

No surprise, but will they appoint McGreal?

Perhaps the ultimate irony?
Ipswich sack Cook on 00:57 - Dec 5 with 1532 viewsdurham_exile

Chris Hughton must be in the running.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ipswich sack Cook on 09:25 - Dec 5 with 1493 viewsbwildered

Give it to Ed Sheeran, he could do the pre and post match signing of some football anthems eg You’ll never lose alone, Vindaloo , Simply the Worst and the ever popular, We’re Sh@t, send the home crowd happy with another No1 single .
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 9:28]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ipswich sack Cook on 09:43 - Dec 5 with 1482 viewsDaniel

McGreal actually returned to Ipshite this week in a role with their u23 team
Ipswich sack Cook on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 1480 viewsburnsieespana

The irony is, John McGreal only started a coaching role at ITFC last Thursday.
The conspiracy theorists at ITFC are saying it was part of a plan and Cook was toast before the game!
We shall see but still feel we treated John badly so hope he does get another gig although can't see the Americans being over impressed but ITFC want to move in the same direction as us with a DOF and he has a track record of doing so.
Ipswich sack Cook on 11:08 - Dec 6 with 1393 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You feel like Ipswich will want a "bigger name" than McGreal but he does have history with the club which may work in his favour. They've certainly become a bit trigger happy recently. If they'd stuck with McCarthy they'd probably still be 14th in the Championship but with average gates of 5,000!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ipswich sack Cook on 11:45 - Dec 6 with 1382 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59549048

Maybe I'm wrong and he's halfway to the job.

Ipswich sack Cook on 12:25 - Dec 6 with 1373 viewsnoah4x4

Spoke to some passionate Ipswich fans today. Their perspective is that when Cook took over they were "justifiably" moaning about being a point off the Play Offs under the management of " Norwich reject" Lambert given they feel that they warrant automatic promotion as "a big club' of Premier League pedigree" (I choked with laughter!). It seems that Cook immediately slagged off the players he inherited, got rid of many (notably to Col U), spent a fortune bringing in newcomers and has since led them to mid-table mediocrity. They are not surprised at Cook's sacking, but are surprised by McGreal's appointment as they deserve a "big name manager" rather than another "Col United Reject" (e.g. again like Lambert). Tough times ahead for the Tractor Boys (snigger).
Ipswich sack Cook on 15:33 - Dec 6 with 1337 viewsburnsieespana

Interesting thought that tomorrow Johnny Jackson in charge of Charlton and John McGreal in charge of Ipswich all BG with Rene Gilmartin!
We aren't such a bad club and maybe ITFC supporters might for a moment stop sneering about us!
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:39 - Dec 6 with 1334 viewsthrillseeker

Who cares about the sh*t up the road?

I am disappointed with the Cook sacking as I thought he was doing a good job.

Ipswich fans still live off their 1982 UEFA cup win and need to realise they are now a League 1 side
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 15:41]
Ipswich sack Cook on 18:26 - Dec 6 with 1294 viewsbwildered

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:39 - Dec 6 by thrillseeker

Ipswich fans still live off their 1982 UEFA cup win and need to realise they are now a League 1 side

Relax
A recent question on ITV quiz Tipping Point, which was one star eg easy , given to chap who had no football knowledge-
Which of the following did not play in the Premier League 2019 ?
A - Ipswich - B - Liverpool C - Manchester City .

Fear not he got it correct .

Ipswich sack Cook on 21:48 - Dec 7 with 1214 viewsmfb_cufc

A McGreal team starts off by having no shots on target. Sounds familiar. Pity he is not going to get the job permanently.

mfb

Ipswich sack Cook on 22:50 - Dec 7 with 1202 viewsnoah4x4

Ipswich sack Cook on 21:48 - Dec 7 by mfb_cufc

A McGreal team starts off by having no shots on target. Sounds familiar. Pity he is not going to get the job permanently.

EADT gives the Ipswich goalkeeper a rating of 8, all others, 3, 4 or 5, McCauley Bonne gets merely 3. My my, how the wheels have fallen off. An end of the match, Twitter suggests an ugly confrontation occurs between some players and fans, which then leads to a pitch invasion. What odds on an EFL order to play their next home match behind closed doors? Given it is their “pack out Portman Rd” initiative, that could be really painful for Tractor Boy fans.

Sad innit…….
Ipswich sack Cook on 23:08 - Dec 7 with 1197 viewsmfb_cufc

Ipswich sack Cook on 22:50 - Dec 7 by noah4x4

EADT gives the Ipswich goalkeeper a rating of 8, all others, 3, 4 or 5, McCauley Bonne gets merely 3. My my, how the wheels have fallen off. An end of the match, Twitter suggests an ugly confrontation occurs between some players and fans, which then leads to a pitch invasion. What odds on an EFL order to play their next home match behind closed doors? Given it is their “pack out Portman Rd” initiative, that could be really painful for Tractor Boy fans.

Sad innit…….

I suppose Bonne is playing on the wing now with McGreal in charge.

mfb

Ipswich sack Cook on 08:25 - Dec 8 with 1173 viewsbwildered

A leopard does not change his spots.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 8:26]

Ipswich sack Cook on 10:01 - Dec 8 with 1157 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You do wonder if Tisdale would've been an option for Ipswich had he not taken the Stevenage job. Also Tisdale needs to do well at Stevenage as since he left Exeter things haven't exactly gone well for him.

Ipswich sack Cook on 11:15 - Dec 8 with 1149 viewsmfb_cufc

Ipswich sack Cook on 10:01 - Dec 8 by RSCOSWORTH

You do wonder if Tisdale would've been an option for Ipswich had he not taken the Stevenage job. Also Tisdale needs to do well at Stevenage as since he left Exeter things haven't exactly gone well for him.

I think they will be looking for a bigger name than Tisdale, but whether they want to go there is another thing.

Tisdale got MK Dons promoted from League 2, before it went wrong for him there, and at Bristol Rovers. Even though he did his bit in helping us survive last season, he has still got a lot to prove at Stevenage.

mfb

Ipswich sack Cook on 14:59 - Dec 8 with 1123 viewsdurham_exile

Ipswich sack Cook on 23:08 - Dec 7 by mfb_cufc

I suppose Bonne is playing on the wing now with McGreal in charge.

And he gets the obligatory 8 minutes playing time.

Durham_exile

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:08 - Dec 8 with 1121 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ipswich sack Cook on 14:59 - Dec 8 by durham_exile

And he gets the obligatory 8 minutes playing time.

Change the record. We've heard it a million times. Literally.

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:43 - Dec 8 with 1113 viewsdurham_exile

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:08 - Dec 8 by RSCOSWORTH

Change the record. We've heard it a million times. Literally.

You never let me down RS.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ipswich sack Cook on 16:05 - Dec 8 with 1111 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:43 - Dec 8 by durham_exile

You never let me down RS.

Up the U's

Ha Ha! Unlike an actual Ford.

Ipswich sack Cook on 18:08 - Dec 8 with 1093 viewsLeadbelly

Ipswich sack Cook on 15:39 - Dec 6 by thrillseeker

You’re so right about the SUTR living in the past…their message is TWTD, Those WereThe Days.

Big club my arse.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024