Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 11:26 - Dec 29 with 12767 viewswessex_exile

Two currently doing the rounds - Wiredu might be off to Forest, presumably for a decent fee and/or player exchange, and we’re close to signing Ryan Loft from Scunnie for a reported £50k fee.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Transfer rumours on 19:19 - Jan 6 with 1532 viewsburnsieespana

Unless somebody leaving this is utterly perverse and same as the last 18 months where we desperately need a goal scorer and we sign another defender where arguably be we are pretty well served
Transfer rumours on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 1518 viewsoxfcolu

We might have an abundance of defenders but are still leaking goals. Everyone so far are correct we really need a Billys boots.....
Transfer rumours on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 1518 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 18:06 - Jan 6 by gerry_us

.. but does he score goals?

None so far this season, but scored 2 last season according to Wikipedia. Plays mostly centre back or left back, so maybe Coxe is going back to Solihull Moors?

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 19:34 - Jan 6 with 1508 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 19:27 - Jan 6 by oxfcolu

We might have an abundance of defenders but are still leaking goals. Everyone so far are correct we really need a Billys boots.....

Indeed - we've conceded 8 in the last three, ten in the last five. I'd say we need recruitment at both ends of the pitch. There's a few people getting completely bent out of shape on the various Facebook pages as if this is the only signing we're going to make in January.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 19:37 - Jan 6 with 1506 viewsnoah4x4

Seems logical to me. Left footed central defender Dalliston can also play left back. Means the less than adequate (on loan) Coxe can return to Solihull Moors, albeit the irony being that he had his one decent game against Sutton Utd this week.

At 6’ 4” we must welcome Dalliston’s height. We are repeatedly being outmuscled by more physical teams. But is he any good? Didn’t we have another left back on loan from Crawley who was pants? Delaney?

Still need a striker and replacement for Wiredu if he departs.
Transfer rumours on 20:39 - Jan 6 with 1474 viewsLeadbelly

Jasper has gone back to Fulham apparently.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Transfer rumours on 21:01 - Jan 6 with 1464 viewsnoah4x4

Transfer rumours on 20:39 - Jan 6 by Leadbelly

Jasper has gone back to Fulham apparently.

Explains his absence against Sutton. Urgently need a replacement forward.
Transfer rumours on 21:25 - Jan 6 with 1449 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 21:01 - Jan 6 by noah4x4

Explains his absence against Sutton. Urgently need a replacement forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if they've got a better loan deal for him higher up the league pyramid tbh.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours on 22:41 - Jan 6 with 1413 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 18:05 - Jan 6 by wessex_exile

Tom Dallison - 6'4" defender from Crawley.

I'm not convinced he's 6'4" you know.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer rumours on 22:44 - Jan 6 with 1410 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 19:37 - Jan 6 by noah4x4

Seems logical to me. Left footed central defender Dalliston can also play left back. Means the less than adequate (on loan) Coxe can return to Solihull Moors, albeit the irony being that he had his one decent game against Sutton Utd this week.

At 6’ 4” we must welcome Dalliston’s height. We are repeatedly being outmuscled by more physical teams. But is he any good? Didn’t we have another left back on loan from Crawley who was pants? Delaney?

Still need a striker and replacement for Wiredu if he departs.

I'm not sure why Coxe is playing left back. I'm guessing Clampin and Daniels must be both be injured. He's not good enough to play on his natural flank let alone the other side!

I don't think he's quite that tall. You're referring to Josh Doherty. If you thought he was bad for us check out his appearances for Barnet.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=75859

Transfer rumours on 00:10 - Jan 7 with 1395 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 17:30 - Jan 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Christ what's happened to Durham? If he thinks we're doomed we're screwed for sure!

RS - the news about Loft really got to me.

Providing we sign a striker, a proper one a target man that can play alongside Sears then there is some hope.

Once again we didn't get the best out of a loanee, asking him to play midfield, tracking back, left back occasionally when he should have played up front. So we lose Jasper back to Fulham.

And still no striker!!!

AAAAAAAgh!

Up the strikerless U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 00:13 - Jan 7 with 1394 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 00:10 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Providing we sign a striker, a proper one a target man that can play alongside Sears then there is some hope.

Once again we didn't get the best out of a loanee, asking him to play midfield, tracking back, left back occasionally when he should have played up front. So we lose Jasper back to Fulham.

And still no striker!!!

AAAAAAAgh!

Up the strikerless U's

Have just read that Sunderland and Wigan are chasing someone called Macca Bonne. Don't get me started.

Get a striker signed and quick like Friday!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 01:57 - Jan 7 with 1383 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 22:41 - Jan 6 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm not convinced he's 6'4" you know.

Only going by the font of all wisdom Wikipedia (and TransferMarket, but they might have got it from Wikipedia too I suppose?).

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 07:04 - Jan 7 with 1360 viewsnoah4x4

Sam Walker wasn't "seven foot tall" either but we rounded him up for his song.

Speaking of height (or its absence), we have missed discussing the fact that Freddie Sears got a headed goal against Sutton, or rather he assisted a Tom Eastman header that was already going in onto to a post, but fortunately it ricocheted into the net. Has Sears ever previously scored a header? I don't recall him ever previously heading a ball in a U's shirt.
Transfer rumours on 08:45 - Jan 7 with 1339 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 07:04 - Jan 7 by noah4x4

Sam Walker wasn't "seven foot tall" either but we rounded him up for his song.

Speaking of height (or its absence), we have missed discussing the fact that Freddie Sears got a headed goal against Sutton, or rather he assisted a Tom Eastman header that was already going in onto to a post, but fortunately it ricocheted into the net. Has Sears ever previously scored a header? I don't recall him ever previously heading a ball in a U's shirt.

True but he was bigger than 6'4" or 6'1" which is probably more accurate for Dallison.

It was probably the most muted goal celebration ever too. I don't think it was going in without his intervention. I reckon he's scored a header for us before you know. I always thought it was funny that Tom Lapslie only scored four times for the U's and at least two of them were headers!

Transfer rumours on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 1335 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 01:57 - Jan 7 by wessex_exile

Only going by the font of all wisdom Wikipedia (and TransferMarket, but they might have got it from Wikipedia too I suppose?).

He seems to be a different height depending on what site you look on!

Transfer rumours on 08:51 - Jan 7 with 1332 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 00:10 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

And still no striker!!!

AAAAAAAgh!

Up the strikerless U's

I wasn't that disappointed about Loft to be honest, I'm not sure he was right for us. I think the bigger problem is that regardless of who we sign Mullins won't play two strikers and Sears deserves his place in the side after all the goals he's got this season.

I feel we should've got more out of Jasper too and if we aren't going to play him I can see why he's gone back.

Transfer rumours on 09:40 - Jan 7 with 1313 viewsbwildered

Tom Lapsie’s first goal for Torquay at the start of the season was a header from a corner, albeit close range.
What are Dobra’s and Jasper’s stats regards goals and assists ? The loanee recruits this season have not come from Pl clubs, and hence with formers Fosu and Murphy do not compare.
With goals only coming from Freddie, and little from wide or midfield, two strikers required to get us out of another pretty horrendous campaign of low achievement.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Transfer rumours on 09:45 - Jan 7 with 1310 viewsburnsieespana

I hope Mullins assertion that we had players lined up if the loan players were recalled!
By my book we need two front runners to support Sears over the next twenty odd games because heaven help us if he gets crocked!
As regards Bonne doubt he will be going to either Wigan or Sunderland as attached to Ipswich emotionally and have read they are trying to sort a deal out to buy him or at least ensure he stays until season ends. QPR seem to have a few injury problems so are hinting they will need him back hence Ipswich's comments.
Transfer rumours on 13:34 - Jan 7 with 1248 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We've signed Coxe permanently...must be getting ready for non-league by signing non-league standard players.

Transfer rumours on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 1240 viewsmfb_cufc

More like Sunday League standard.

mfb

Transfer rumours on 13:56 - Jan 7 with 1235 viewsMoor_Pinot

Transfer rumours on 13:41 - Jan 7 by mfb_cufc

More like Sunday League standard.

Yes Mick. That is a really shocking piece of news. Why did a non lg side loan him?
He has appeared out of his depth even at Sudbury. Dear oh dear, so little has been positive at CUFC for a long time. McGreal had good players but couldn't do other than caution so we undetachieved. Since then the raw material is weaker and the management no different. Inevitably the decline is as it is. Only change will arrest it.
Durham is right to be seriously worried because at the moment we are neither good enough nor confident enough to advance.
I tell myself that we're not half way through the season but it's small comfort.

Moor Pinot

Transfer rumours on 16:35 - Jan 7 with 1189 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer rumours on 13:34 - Jan 7 by RSCOSWORTH

We've signed Coxe permanently...must be getting ready for non-league by signing non-league standard players.

01 April has come early in 2022
Transfer rumours on 16:46 - Jan 7 with 1183 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 16:35 - Jan 7 by thrillseeker

01 April has come early in 2022

It would appear so.

The signing is not getting much love on here or on Facebook. I'm guessing the official site will be the same. I do wonder what the management see in him that the vast majority of fans don't. For me Welch-Hayes is a far better option but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave now.

Transfer rumours on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 1174 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer rumours on 16:46 - Jan 7 by RSCOSWORTH

It would appear so.

The signing is not getting much love on here or on Facebook. I'm guessing the official site will be the same. I do wonder what the management see in him that the vast majority of fans don't. For me Welch-Hayes is a far better option but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave now.

Not much love anywhere as far as I can see although the directors at Solihull Moors are struggling to quaff the champagne due to prolonged bouts of hysterical laughter.

I know nothing of Dallison so won’t comment on his signing but if the recruitment team at Col U thinks Coxe is worth a fee then I’d have to disagree strongly based on what I’ve seen.

What concerns me most is that players of the calibre of Coxe are where our sights are set.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024