Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 11:26 - Dec 29 with 13047 viewswessex_exile

Two currently doing the rounds - Wiredu might be off to Forest, presumably for a decent fee and/or player exchange, and we’re close to signing Ryan Loft from Scunnie for a reported £50k fee.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer rumours on 11:24 - Jan 26 with 1570 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 09:44 - Jan 26 by Moor_Pinot

The Wrexham crowd was nearly 8500! Other National lg crowds are close to theirs' - Stocky, Notts, Chesterfield, it just underlines how important it is for Colchester to be in league two next season and not the one below. The top ten in the National Lg dogfight look incredibly strong, by contrast to the league we're in where there's probably only one quality consistent side, FGR.

Spot on Pinault, particularly when you think eight of those ten will fail this season. In fact, taking it one step further, it'll take five whole seasons for all ten to eventually get promotion to the Football League, and that's without anyone else gate-crashing the National League promotion party.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 11:32 - Jan 26 with 1564 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 09:05 - Jan 26 by thrillseeker

Durham - what makes you think Max Biamou is the answer to our goal scoring problem?

He has only played 55 minutes this season due to injury

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/2929347/max-biamou-

TS - Clearly a problem that has existed for ten seasons is not going to be solved overnight with the signing of one player. However I have seen him play for Coventry City and he knows where the goal is.

He is not prolific though, 50 goals in 214 career appearances, but he would provide a strike partner for Freddie Sears. Colchester despite their accepted player failures (we all know some of the names) do have a decent record of resurrecting player's careers. When Freddie Sears first came to Colchester he hadn't scored a goal in over 100 appearances and had a poor injury record.

Now that big money wielding Wrexham have Palmer they are out of the running for Biamou and it seems to be a straight choice Cambridge or Colchester.

Corie Andrews looked the part on Saturday and Sears played his best game in a Colchester jersey since returning from Ipswich. However striker cover and the opportunity for an experienced player (Biamou is 31) to come to the club will only help us to survive and build for next season.

On balance Maxime Biamou is worth a chance. Allez les bleus!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 12:07 - Jan 26 with 1547 viewsburnsieespana

Staggering how much money been spent by the top ten teams in the National League and we must avoid the drop whatever it costs.
My son does some voluntary reporting work for Woking and they went full-time this season.
We can see how Harrogate and Sutton have performed since coming up and neither were former league sides.
Transfer rumours on 16:51 - Jan 26 with 1475 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 11:32 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

TS - Clearly a problem that has existed for ten seasons is not going to be solved overnight with the signing of one player. However I have seen him play for Coventry City and he knows where the goal is.

He is not prolific though, 50 goals in 214 career appearances, but he would provide a strike partner for Freddie Sears. Colchester despite their accepted player failures (we all know some of the names) do have a decent record of resurrecting player's careers. When Freddie Sears first came to Colchester he hadn't scored a goal in over 100 appearances and had a poor injury record.

Now that big money wielding Wrexham have Palmer they are out of the running for Biamou and it seems to be a straight choice Cambridge or Colchester.

Corie Andrews looked the part on Saturday and Sears played his best game in a Colchester jersey since returning from Ipswich. However striker cover and the opportunity for an experienced player (Biamou is 31) to come to the club will only help us to survive and build for next season.

On balance Maxime Biamou is worth a chance. Allez les bleus!

Up the U's

Hadn't scored a goal in 100 appearances? I'm not sure about that Durham.

We certainly helped turn Iwelumo's career around and Cureton's to some degree as he was going nowhere fast at Swindon.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer rumours on 16:55 - Jan 26 with 1474 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 12:07 - Jan 26 by burnsieespana

Staggering how much money been spent by the top ten teams in the National League and we must avoid the drop whatever it costs.
My son does some voluntary reporting work for Woking and they went full-time this season.
We can see how Harrogate and Sutton have performed since coming up and neither were former league sides.

I completely agree. If we go down it won't be like last time. What worries me is that this is our second relegation battle in a row. This happened in League One and eventually we went down. We need to use this season to firstly ensure survival but to also kick on into next season. If we put a run of wins together we'll be comfortably mid-table by the end of February and all lingering relegation fears forgotten about.

Transfer rumours on 17:20 - Jan 26 with 1465 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 16:51 - Jan 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Hadn't scored a goal in 100 appearances? I'm not sure about that Durham.

We certainly helped turn Iwelumo's career around and Cureton's to some degree as he was going nowhere fast at Swindon.

RS - Just double checked Sears scored 2 goals in 83 appearances prior to coming to us in 2011.

My point was though that we have kick started people's careers and I see no reason why we cant do the same for MB.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:35 - Jan 26 with 1413 viewsmfb_cufc

There are a lot on twitter saying it is a done deal we are signing Akinde from Gillingham. He scored a lot of goals for Barnet in League 2, but has struggled at Gillingham.

mfb

Transfer rumours on 21:15 - Jan 26 with 1396 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:35 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

There are a lot on twitter saying it is a done deal we are signing Akinde from Gillingham. He scored a lot of goals for Barnet in League 2, but has struggled at Gillingham.

Why do we do this all the time.

MB is the key man, so we always settle for second best.

John Akinde did score goals at Barnet but as you correctly say Mick has struggled at Gillingham.

Quality striker? Jury is out.

Think I would prefer Corie Andrews to stay and play alongside Freddie Sears.

Oh well when you are bottom of League Two, the lure is not quite as great.

Up the U's

Why do I feel deflated after the euphoria of Saturday.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours on 21:21 - Jan 26 with 1394 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 21:15 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

John Akinde did score goals at Barnet but as you correctly say Mick has struggled at Gillingham.

Up the U's

I understand he's been seen in Tesco so it must be true.

Oh well Every Little Helps.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 22:02 - Jan 26 with 1376 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer rumours on 21:15 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Up the U's

That is good point you make durham, when you say the lure is not as great when you are at the bottom of League 2.

Please don't get deflated just yet. The deal still hasn't been confirmed by the club.

mfb

Transfer rumours on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 1365 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 22:02 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

That is good point you make durham, when you say the lure is not as great when you are at the bottom of League 2.

Please don't get deflated just yet. The deal still hasn't been confirmed by the club.

Perhaps we might sign them both!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 09:19 - Jan 27 with 1322 viewsburnsieespana

To be honest if MB had choice of us or Cambridge it is a no brainer and therein is our problem, quality players don't want to up sticks if they feel we will be in the NL next year!
Transfer rumours on 10:46 - Jan 27 with 1309 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 22:02 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

I'd have no problem with signing Akinde whatsoever, but do bear in mind all the social media chatter is on the back of just one ambiguous Die Hard themed tweet from Frank entitled "Welcome to the party pal". Trying to put two and two together, it's entirely feasible that supporters have come up with five. Equally, our season isn't over if we don't sign Maxime Biamou either.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 11:54 - Jan 27 with 1289 viewsGOSBTS

Biamou played in the FA Cup game against the U's a couple of years ago didn't he?
Transfer rumours on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 1278 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer rumours on 11:54 - Jan 27 by GOSBTS

Biamou played in the FA Cup game against the U's a couple of years ago didn't he?

No. Probably injured, as he was not even on the bench.

https://www.coludata.co.uk/results/1026/4130?fsea=80&fdfaShowAll=&frefSh

mfb

Transfer rumours on 18:13 - Jan 27 with 1210 viewsbwildered

John Akinde signs, musts have a Tesco club card .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Transfer rumours on 18:13 - Jan 27 with 1209 viewsnoah4x4

Akinde has signed.

Let’s hope he provided what we need and isn’t another Dads Army passenger like Smith and Skuse.
Transfer rumours on 19:26 - Jan 27 with 1156 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 18:13 - Jan 27 by noah4x4

Akinde has signed.

Let’s hope he provided what we need and isn’t another Dads Army passenger like Smith and Skuse.

2.5 year deal as well.

I think that concludes our transfer business.

Probably the best deal is holding onto Brendan Wiredu.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:08 - Jan 27 with 1127 viewsburnsieespana

Think that takes our squad up to 28!
Transfer rumours on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 1112 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:08 - Jan 27 by burnsieespana

Think that takes our squad up to 28!

Average age?

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 21:37 - Jan 27 with 1096 viewsoxfcolu

I'm sorry but surely now there is enough in the squad to move up the league. No more negative tactics, just get on with it..........
Transfer rumours on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 1021 viewsburnsieespana

Transfer rumours on 20:46 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

Average age?

No number in the squad
Transfer rumours on 10:53 - Jan 28 with 1004 viewsgerry_us

Transfer rumours on 10:03 - Jan 28 by burnsieespana

No number in the squad

.....high enough!
Transfer rumours on 11:12 - Jan 28 with 1001 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You might disagree with some of the players signed but you can't argue with the commitment to the cause from the club. Season after season I've seen people calling out for experienced players and we've signed plenty of them in the last 12 months. Personally I feel like we've gone too far the other way now but this is what people were asking for. You can't win anything with kids remember...

Transfer rumours on 19:35 - Jan 30 with 847 viewsburnsieespana

Ball and Humes got to pull fingers out now and find us a keeper to cover for George and Gerks who it appears was unfit on Saturday.
That road atlas will have to be opened up beyond the A12 as don't think the tractor boys now have a spare keeper as believe Holy has already been loaned out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024