Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight 17:46 - Jan 11 with 1642 viewsdurham_exile

After the fiasco of the postponement at 2.30pm on Saturday the beleaguered Super U’s travel to FGR this evening to do battle with the surprise league leaders.

Now here’s the thing I think that Colchester will prevail tonight in what some might see as a huge shock but and I really do believe this the U’s are in a false position at present. 2-1 to the U’s.

After the failure to land Ryan Loft from Scunny (Bristol Rovers stole in at the eleventh hour and pinched him for an undisclosed sum), we have signed on loan, Corie Andrews from Wimbledon, even though he has never played for them. Can he be the man to score some goals for the U’s. Yes, I do hope so, he looks the part and knows where the goal is having scored some good goals for Aldershot on loan.

Syl Jasper is looking to get a League One club to take him on loan now after we failed to get the best out of him. Water under the bridge sadly.

Tom Dallison has signed from Crawley and it seems that he can play left back or centre back. Cameron Coxe has now signed permanently from Solihull Moors. However, we still need another striker.

The Chairman’s latest missive fails to mention new players but there is a piece in the Gazette which says he will stump up cash for another player. A striker please and nothing else will do.

Now that our budget is 17th in League Two and that the top budget is twice that we are definitely up against it.

Table
Selected positions:

FGR 22 48
Tranmere 23 41
Northampton 23 40
Sutton 23 39
Swindon 22 37
PV 21 35
Newport 24 35

22nd COL U 21 22
Scunny 24 19
Oldham 24 18

Win our three games in hand and we are only four points off the play offs. Simples.

So, who will line up tonight?

A 5, 2,1,2 formation looks on the cards

Turner

Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Smith Coxe

Wiredu Skuse

Judge

Sears Andrews

Subs:

Gerken Hannant Chilvers, Dallison Dobra Daniels Tovide

We will have to be at our best at the Fully Charged New Lawn this evening where Jamille Matt and Mathew Stevens have been scoring goals for fun for Rob Edwards team. However, I’m not deterred by that fact and I think Corie Andrews will rifle one home and his strike partner Freddie Sears will get the second in a 2-1 win.

The match is available on iFollow and I hope that Wessex enjoys the game rather more than the plant based food which they serve at the ground.

Weather at the FGR Stroud ground will be partly cloudy and a balmy 6 degrees Celsius this evening.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 665 viewsnoah4x4

4 4 2 now
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:30 - Jan 11 with 658 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:25 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Tovide coming on for Judge

Two up front please!

Did I hear correctly 86 of the faithful

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:32 - Jan 11 with 651 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:30 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Must be at least 5 minutes to add on

Come on just one chance needed

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:34 - Jan 11 with 648 viewsnoah4x4

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:30 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Numbers home and away in decline Durham
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:37 - Jan 11 with 644 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:34 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Numbers home and away in decline Durham

Sadly true Noah

Hannant maybe should have scored but off the line.

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 638 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:37 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Sadly true Noah

Hannant maybe should have scored but off the line.

Undeserved second but a howler from Smith.

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 636 viewsthrillseeker

Tommy Smith
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:40 - Jan 11 with 629 viewsnoah4x4

Absolute shite!

I said our Ipswich old men would eventually capitulate.

Are the summer signings our worst ever?

Humes and De Souza out!
Login to get fewer ads

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:41 - Jan 11 with 618 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:38 - Jan 11 by thrillseeker

Tommy Smith

2-0 but should have been 1-1

When Smith got the ball he should have played it forward still fine margins

Back to the drawing board.

Simply must play two strikers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:42 - Jan 11 with 614 viewsnoah4x4

Durham Exile for DoF
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:53 - Jan 11 with 597 viewsthrillseeker

I will just repeat my half time comment - To me it is the same familiar story.

Don't be fooled by that performance. It papers over so many cracks. Same old story. Give sloppy goals away, don't take our chances. After 43 years it is still the hope for good times that kills.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 21:55]
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:56 - Jan 11 with 584 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:42 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Durham Exile for DoF

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 22:02 - Jan 11 with 577 viewsBFG

Still Sleepwalking towards relegation I'm afraid.
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 22:43 - Jan 11 with 539 viewsburnsieespana

Evidently Sears and Dobra have an illness which is claimed not to be Covid.
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 23:22 - Jan 11 with 522 viewswessex_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:41 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

2-0 but should have been 1-1

When Smith got the ball he should have played it forward still fine margins

Back to the drawing board.

Simply must play two strikers.

Up the U's

It should have been 1-1, even though FGR were the better side. One sloppy goal and one undeserved cock-up was the big difference. Good debut from Andrews, deserved a goal, also from Junior and Eastman. Smith was distraught, and came over at the end to apologise. We had to laugh that their no. 11 got MoM, because until Junior got subbed, he had him in his back pocket. However, the reality is another defeat and -2 on the goal difference even if it was a decent spirited performance with some positives.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 09:20 - Jan 12 with 452 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Could've easily been 1-1 at the end there and yet it finishes 2-0. When you're down the bottom you often don't seem to get the luck.

Shows where we are really when we're expecting to lose to Forest Green and taking players on loan from Wimbledon!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 396 viewsbwildered

What worries me, if Noah is waiting for a BT engineer, it could be a longer wait than the U’s getting promoted from this division, has he needs a Openreach engineer or Quinn or Kelly’s contractor.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024