Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today 12:00 - Jan 15 with 1808 viewsdurham_exile

So, at the third time of asking we managed to play the league leaders on Tuesday night and in my opinion were very unlucky to lose. A 1-1 draw would have been a fair result but missed chances (Judge culpable again) and a howler from our antipodean Captain at the death were costly. Sadly, the league table never lies and to day we welcome the bluebirds from Barrow to the JSCS.

Now I had the privilege to be at the Sand Dunes stadium in September to witness not only a U’s victory but also a great team performance with ten men after Chambers dismissal in the second half. The emotional scenes between players and supporters after the third goal and at the end of the game were brilliant and a real tonic.

But before we move onto talk about Mark Cooper’s Barrow team a word about Tuesday evening. Tchamadeu, Skuse, Wiredu, Judge and Andrews all played tremendously well. Corie Andrews looked the part, tall, strong able to hold the ball up and with a fierce right footed shot he looks as though he can fire some valuable goals for the U’s but alongside Freddie Sears as a proper strike partnership.

Sears is likely to be back today and this truly is a must win match and potentially our first double of the season.

Today also marks the half way point of our league season.

Bottom of the table:
Carlisle 23 25
Barrow 23 23
Stevenage 24 23
COL U 22 22
Scunny 24 19
Oldham 24 18

One thing is now certain, only the most optimistic supporter would believe that anything other than a bottom half finish is possible this season. Realistically we will be 23 played and 25 points meaning that 46 points would have to be garnered from the last 23 games (essentially about 15 wins from 23 games) which is promotion form to give 71 points for the season. Unlikely but not impossible. Still before we get the rose-tinted glasses on it is all about survival and that starts today.

Our next games include:

Sutton Away
Salford A
Swindon Home
Orient A
Mansfield A
Carlisle H
Northampton A
Hartlepool H

Unfortunately, no further signings have been made this week and in truth we only need one more striker and quick. Looking at Jermaine Defoe the other evening and now without a club the 39-year-old striker could still do a job for a league Two side (perhaps in a coaching role as well, he is securing his coaching badges).
Anyway, back to the current squad:

Team today needs to be bold and attacking:

Turner

Eastman Chambers Smith

Tchamadeu Skuse Wiredu Coxe

Judge

Sears Andrews

Subs
Gerken Dallison Daniels Dobra Chilvers Hannant Tovide

With the anticipation of another striker signing this week, I am confident that we can get out of this relegation mire, but there is little option but to play positively and look to take the chances that we are currently profligate with.

The news that the blue and White stripes will return next season and the seating arrangements will be restored to the more sensible choice option with the promise that the food will be back to better quality and choice as well there is a lot to look forward to. What we must now do is to secure as many points as possible and however unlikely a top seven finish is surely the team must push for this however lets start with baby steps and three points today.

With no precipitation expected and 6 degrees Celsius and cloud cover there will no chance of a farcical 2.30pm postponement and Colchester must take advantage of the conditions to secure the first points at home this year!

3-0 Colchester with Andrews and Sears on the scoresheet with Judge to redeem himself after some blatant misses recently.

Enjoy the game.

Three points is the only game in town today.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 12:32 - Jan 15 with 1221 viewsgerry_us

Sprinklers on yet?
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 12:55 - Jan 15 with 1206 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks Durham for your usual ray of optimism!
Can't see us winning 3-0 but guess one day we will get a hatful so be good if it is today.
I reckon 2-1 to us is best case scenario but as ever I liv in hope!
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:10 - Jan 15 with 1176 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 12:55 - Jan 15 by burnsieespana

Thanks Durham for your usual ray of optimism!
Can't see us winning 3-0 but guess one day we will get a hatful so be good if it is today.
I reckon 2-1 to us is best case scenario but as ever I liv in hope!

Emyr Huws 28 year old midfielder from Ipswich has joined until the end of the season.

Likely to play today

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:14 - Jan 15 with 1167 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:10 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Emyr Huws 28 year old midfielder from Ipswich has joined until the end of the season.

Likely to play today

Team today

Turner

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Coxe

MWH Wiredu Skuse

Judge

Sears Andrews

Subs
Gerken Smith Hannant Nouble Chilvers Eastman Huws

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:25 - Jan 15 with 1152 viewsgerry_us

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:10 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Likely to play today

Apparently not played a competitive game since January 2021.
Should fit in well then!
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:25 - Jan 15 with 1152 viewsburnsieespana

Likely to play today

Let us hope we are only paying by the game as he only made a handful of appearances for Ipswich in the three years or so he was with them.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:31 - Jan 15 with 1148 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you Durham - rousing and positive which we need!
Like Burnsie I cannot see a 3-0 or any win today having seen Barrow's superb performance last week and the quality of the goals I'll take a point today and a win at Sutton! Happy to be very wrong.

Moor Pinot

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:39 - Jan 15 with 1141 viewsmfb_cufc

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:25 - Jan 15 by burnsieespana

Let us hope we are only paying by the game as he only made a handful of appearances for Ipswich in the three years or so he was with them.

Huws made 37 appearances over the last two seasons, before Lambert stopped picking him, and he never got a look in under Cook. Still only 28, he could be a decent signing at our level.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/emyr-huws-exit-interview-ipswich-78437

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 1132 viewsburnsieespana

Would love to be wrong and he turns out to be the man who gets us going.
Certainly has the skills and ability but his injury history concerns me but guess we don't have a huge amount of choice as we are sadly, not at this time going to attract top drawer players.
We appear to have totally reorganised our defence and midfield today so let us hope it comes good.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 15:27 - Jan 15 with 1115 viewsgerry_us

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 14:52 - Jan 15 by burnsieespana

Would love to be wrong and he turns out to be the man who gets us going.
Certainly has the skills and ability but his injury history concerns me but guess we don't have a huge amount of choice as we are sadly, not at this time going to attract top drawer players.
We appear to have totally reorganised our defence and midfield today so let us hope it comes good.

Anyone know anything about Tom Dallison-Lisbon?
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:13 - Jan 15 with 1088 viewswessex_exile

When your lucks against you, you just don't get the breaks - 1-0 to Barrow from a Dallison own goal.

F'cks sake!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:14 - Jan 15 with 1088 viewsgerry_us

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 15:27 - Jan 15 by gerry_us

Apart from scoring an own goal...obviously
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:15 - Jan 15 with 1084 viewspwrightsknees

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 15:27 - Jan 15 by gerry_us

Yes! He's just scored - for Barrow.

I feel strangely pessimistic, but Up the U's anyway.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:25 - Jan 15 with 1074 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:15 - Jan 15 by pwrightsknees

Yes! He's just scored - for Barrow.

I feel strangely pessimistic, but Up the U's anyway.

In other news Salford's striker has been sent off and will miss the game against the super U's next Saturday.

We must get the equaliser today though

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 1068 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:25 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

In other news Salford's striker has been sent off and will miss the game against the super U's next Saturday.

We must get the equaliser today though

Up the U's

Thomas Albert Dallison-Lisbon great name but an inauspicious start

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:38 - Jan 15 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:29 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Thomas Albert Dallison-Lisbon great name but an inauspicious start

Come on the U's

Come on 13 mins plus injury.

We must avoid defeat.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:47 - Jan 15 with 1045 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:38 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Come on 13 mins plus injury.

We must avoid defeat.

Up the U's

Big Frank on for Andrews

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:50 - Jan 15 with 1041 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:47 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Big Frank on for Andrews

Come on the U's

2297 diehards know what we are facing Durham and it need not have been so.

Moor Pinot

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 1038 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:47 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Big Frank on for Andrews

Come on the U's

Shocking

Too upset to say any more.

23 games to save our league status

Sadly if anything we are getting worse

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 1028 viewswessex_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:51 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Shocking

Too upset to say any more.

23 games to save our league status

Sadly if anything we are getting worse

Up the U's

Just dreadful - half a season is enough time to put things right, and I hate myself for saying it, but is Hayden Mullins the right person to do it?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:56 - Jan 15 by wessex_exile

Just dreadful - half a season is enough time to put things right, and I hate myself for saying it, but is Hayden Mullins the right person to do it?

The fact is we are going backwards.

Results are awful.

No goals again.

Pinault attendances will continue to decline if this continues.

Regarding Mullins if he goes then who comes in.

Humes and DeSouza must surely go.

I'm going to Salford next week and although I never predict a defeat it is going to be tough.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 986 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 16:56 - Jan 15 by wessex_exile

He's a novice as usual Wessex so of course he's not right for the job BUT I think it'd be a surprise to me now if anyone could pull this round.
The decline is deep, long and now within the dna.

I'm bitterly disappointed as I believe that it has all been avoidable. I'm disappointed in myself that I expected the result today..

Moor Pinot

Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 975 viewsburnsieespana

Just awful feel so downbeat as can't see how we can pull ourselves out of the mire.
Can't even think of a half decent Manager out and about who we could bring in.....Cook maybe with lots of experience at a lower level but having got rid of half our team no way either he or they could work together.
A wild card, Evans as much as I dislike him he could certainly stir the pot and kick arse!
No decent already employed Manager will join us and we have had enough of learner Manager's.
What thoughts I wonder go through John Mc's head but a good example of being careful what you wish for because a sizeable number of fans wanted him gone!
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 17:47 - Jan 15 with 947 viewsthrillseeker

Likely to play today

I saw this message 5 minutes after deciding to attend and booking my ticket.

If I had seen it before hand I would not have booked a ticket as I don't want to see Ipswich rejects or reserves.
Bluebirds to have wings clipped at the JSCS today on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 920 viewsthrillseeker

It was cold at the ground and now thawed out.

Well what can I say.

I would not have attended match If I had seen we had signed another Ipswich failure before booking ticket

The starting XI was a pleasant surprise and it seemed more balanced and this looked the case in first 10-15 minutes but then things seemed to return to normal soon after.

Turner - played well and no blame for goals. My main criticism is his distribution which is so slow/ predictable.

Welch-Hayes - I thought he was doing OK and surprised he was subbed. We looked more balanced with him at RB

Coxe - not his worse performance but that doesn't mean much - sorry he is not a footballer.

Chambers - not great, but not poor

Dallison - a good start but then scored the OG and his confidence drained. However a big improvement on Smith and potentially a good signing once he has more games

Wiredu - his worst performance in a long time. Can't put my finger on why he was not his normal self.

Skuse - effective at breaking up and reading the game but his killer pass is 5 yard sideways.

Tchamadeu - deserved his MOM award but I feel there is so much more to come from him

Alan Judge - again disappointed me. I thought he was going to be our equivalent to Wes Hoolahan from Cambridge. I obviously had incorrect expectations

Freddie Sears - huffed and puffed and should have scored one

Corie Andrews - anonymous.

Hayden Mullins - impressed me that he had the balls to make some changes but I feel he is not the right person for the job. His time must be up soon unless he can finally get players motivated and play as a team. He shows no passion/ reaction during game.

It is the same old story - don't take any chances so as soon as we concede defeat it is.

People will be highly critical of referee but why is it Northerners are always more brutal and streetwise than us?

I am beginning to fear relegation but clinging to hope we can turn things around or Oldham & Scunthorpe bail us out.

Very disillusioned at the moment and glad I can't get time off work on Tuesday

Oh did I mention it was cold
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 18:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024