Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge 19:11 - Jan 19 with 2367 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following:

Following the recent poor run of results, the difficult decision has been made to make a change and relieve Hayden Mullins and Alex Dyer of their respective roles at Colchester United.

I want to make it clear that the responsibility for our current league position lies with everyone involved, both on and off the pitch, and I include myself in that. Everyone remaining must shoulder some of that responsibility individually and collectively.

I’d like to thank Hayden for ensuring our survival last season, and thank both he and Alex for their hard work this season — and I wish them the best of luck in the future.

Since I made this difficult decision on Tuesday night, I have asked Wayne Brown to take charge as the Interim Head Coach and he has agreed.

I hope that you supporters will get fully behind Wayne and the squad for the packed schedule of matches in the immediate future.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 08:48 - Jan 20 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

Difficult to argue with Glenn Speller's comments. Wonder if the chairman agrees.

Analysis
Glenn Speller, BBC Essex sports editor

This is becoming a far too regular event for Colchester United as they change head coach for a fourth time in 18 months. They have gone from being seen as a stable club to one which lurches from one inexperienced head coach at EFL level to another.

Wayne Brown won just one of nine games in temporary charge last year and will hope for a better reaction from a more experienced, but woefully under-performing squad.

In the longer-term, the club will need to assess whether a structure based on a director of football and well-staffed recruitment and coaching department is best serving those running the first team.

Recent evidence would suggest a root and branch review is required but more pressing is securing Football League survival.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 09:24 - Jan 20 with 981 viewsthrillseeker

This comment on Twitter made me smile

Replacing the guy you've just sacked with the guy who lost 7 of 8 games as caretaker last season before getting sacked and being replaced by the guy they've just sacked...

Inspired
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 09:54 - Jan 20 with 963 viewsRSCOSWORTH

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 22:40 - Jan 19 by mfb_cufc

We need Mick McCarthy in to manage his ex-team.

Probably said tongue in cheek but not the worst shout in the world. I don't think we'd go down with McCarthy in charge. He is a results manager if nothing else and normally does well when he first goes to a club.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 893 viewsdurham_exile

Definitely don't want McCarthy (and neither would Roy Keane!!!!).

Wessex mentioned Neil Harris at the Crawley game. Just as long as it wasn't Neil Patrick Harris.

Neil Harris is the sort of coach who would do a good job for the U's. He is also untainted by the RC nepotism and would be his own man. He could keep us up and mount a promotion challenge next season.

He would get my vote.

Anyway Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 16:49 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsnoah4x4

Nobody like Neil Harris is going to work for Humes.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 17:10 - Jan 20 with 884 viewsburnsieespana

That is the crux of our problem at the club. Once good Manager's clearly understand how things work they don't want to come.
The shout above for Mick McCarthy a good one and it will cost RC a lot more if we go down!
Heard Mick still has a property in Suffolk.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:26]
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 17:24 - Jan 20 with 877 viewsbwildered

Let’s put some names in the frame .

Andy Woodman
Kevin Horlock
Joe Dunne
Steve Evans
Neil Harris
Paul Cook

Forgot one - Ted Lasso
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:49]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 17:29 - Jan 20 with 860 viewsburnsieespana

Andy Woodman doing a very good job at Bromley and was he not involved with Charlton before joining them?
He is one I would certainly go for
Short-term to kick arse Steve Evans!
Login to get fewer ads

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 17:41 - Jan 20 with 846 viewsMoor_Pinot

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 17:29 - Jan 20 by burnsieespana

Andy Woodman doing a very good job at Bromley and was he not involved with Charlton before joining them?
He is one I would certainly go for
Short-term to kick arse Steve Evans!

Check out the managers at successful winning clubs - individuals with energy, ambition and passion.
So.... Banbury United, Jersey Bulls fc and Boreham Wood all have attractive management profiles.

Moor Pinot

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 817 viewsburnsieespana

Pinault the Boreham Wood guy a good shout as made it clear they are his first step on the ladder however be a big risk because Southend tried bringing in a successful guy from Weymouth last year and it didn't work. Interestnly he was recruited by Aldershot in October and took them out of the bottom three by an 8 game unbeaten run.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:42 - Jan 20 with 788 viewsmfb_cufc

Humes as DOF = No experienced external manager will come to us.

Humes or the DOF position has to go if we are ever to break out of this merry go round of failure.

mfb

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 09:34 - Jan 21 with 698 viewsColukev

Would take Andy Woodman every day over Brown/Dunne
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 12:45 - Jan 21 with 645 viewsthrillseeker

A client of mine follows Bromley home & away and tells me Andy Woodman has limited tactical knowledge and is now being found out by the opposition.

Sounds like he would fit in nicely.

I just want situation sorted.

Don't be surprised if next manager is Kevin Horlock
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 15:44 - Mar 17 with 441 viewsburnsieespana

See Tisdale been sacked and replaced by Evans so maybe RC's choice of HC better than we have given him credit for!
Just hoping Evans does no better than Tisdale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024