Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One out of six - but who ? 09:02 - Feb 27 with 1615 viewsbwildered

One out of six - but who ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

One out of six - but who ? on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 1609 viewsbwildered

Looking at the table, Scunthorpe already look they have much to do, and then a league of six vying for the dreaded second from bottom place .

One out of six - but who ? on 09:44 - Feb 27 with 1585 viewsLeadbelly

One out of six - but who ? on 09:05 - Feb 27 by bwildered

Looking at the table, Scunthorpe already look they have much to do, and then a league of six vying for the dreaded second from bottom place .

Very sad to say this but I think it will be us. The new manager bounce was very short lived and Brown still seems to have little idea of his best starting XI or formation.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

One out of six - but who ? on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 1576 viewsnoah4x4

Akinde, no doubt brought in by those renowned local football geniuses Humes and Ball, looked completely lost yesterday. Brown had the guts to withdraw him at HT and change to a Plan B (yes, it was that marked a difference), that had reminisces of Salford away. What a positive improvement that made. Oldham were lucky to escape with a point.

Dallison is fine as a centre-back, but I am not convinced at full back. Again, WB replaced him with Kemlock, and once again we saw hints of Salford away, and to be fair, Smith & Chambers were doing OK (for once!).

On balance, I think we do have what we need to escape the drop whereas the Stevenage squad is so narrow that even Tisdale might be unable to save them given Injuries, red cards, covid and other. We might need all our player resources, but we do have them. I think yesterday was an important point as we inch towards safety.
One out of six - but who ? on 19:45 - Feb 27 with 1467 viewsdurham_exile

One out of six - but who ? on 10:08 - Feb 27 by noah4x4

Akinde, no doubt brought in by those renowned local football geniuses Humes and Ball, looked completely lost yesterday. Brown had the guts to withdraw him at HT and change to a Plan B (yes, it was that marked a difference), that had reminisces of Salford away. What a positive improvement that made. Oldham were lucky to escape with a point.

Dallison is fine as a centre-back, but I am not convinced at full back. Again, WB replaced him with Kemlock, and once again we saw hints of Salford away, and to be fair, Smith & Chambers were doing OK (for once!).

On balance, I think we do have what we need to escape the drop whereas the Stevenage squad is so narrow that even Tisdale might be unable to save them given Injuries, red cards, covid and other. We might need all our player resources, but we do have them. I think yesterday was an important point as we inch towards safety.

Scunny and Stevenage for me

But we simply must start winning games.

We have nailed our colours to the mast of 32 players.

Play two strikers I don't care if it is Akinde and Andrews or Sears but we simply must play two.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

One out of six - but who ? on 08:31 - Feb 28 with 1428 viewsthrillseeker

I am confident we will stay up but it will be a struggle between now and the end of the season.

My big concern is when we stay up, it will paper over the huge cracks and RC will think WB has done a good job and appoint him permanently.

My view is Scunthorpe are down so it is a MUST we beat them in March .

I think the final relegation place battle will be between us and Stevenage with Stevenage taking the honours
One out of six - but who ? on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 1395 viewsburnsieespana

Be ironical if Stevenage go down but don't think they will.
For me it's Barrow if for no other reason than Cooper has an 8 game touchline ban.
We might find ourselves in the bottom two even as soon as this week but hopefully with our large squad we will just survive.
I sincerely hope if we survive for next season we get in a strongman as a proper Manager and get rid of Humes, etc but sadly don't see that happening.
First target is we must best Leyton Orient!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 9:52]
One out of six - but who ? on 22:21 - Feb 28 with 1302 viewsmfb_cufc

I have gone for Colchester, and a fan sums it up perfectly in this good article.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19956717.colchester-united-fan-si-collinson

mfb

One out of six - but who ? on 18:24 - Mar 1 with 1209 viewsghughes11

I have a feeling that the loser of tonight's match between us and LO will go down!

After all Stevenage have got 'The Saviour' (Tisdale) in their ranks

Do we have anyone in our squad with the 'shit housery' like Pell versus Southend that can pull us out of this mess by the proverbials?!?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Login to get fewer ads

One out of six - but who ? on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 1158 viewsbwildered

One out of six - but who ? on 18:24 - Mar 1 by ghughes11

I have a feeling that the loser of tonight's match between us and LO will go down!

After all Stevenage have got 'The Saviour' (Tisdale) in their ranks

Do we have anyone in our squad with the 'shit housery' like Pell versus Southend that can pull us out of this mess by the proverbials?!?

The answer is no.

Judging by last nights skirmish both sides will still be there come the run in ( or is this run out ? ).
With the only side we have played recently with which we have a higher possession rate and generally out played, have not changed my mind in putting the red slice in the pie.

One out of six - but who ? on 11:39 - Mar 2 with 1145 viewsgerry_us

We WILL stay up.
....but if not would it be so bad for a couple of years rebuilding? Last night my second team, Chesterfield v Notts County had gate of 7,910. Obviously better all round to be up for promotion than permanently fighting just to stay in Lg2.
I voted Stevenage by the way.
One out of six - but who ? on 13:38 - Mar 2 with 1122 viewswessex_exile

One out of six - but who ? on 11:39 - Mar 2 by gerry_us

We WILL stay up.
....but if not would it be so bad for a couple of years rebuilding? Last night my second team, Chesterfield v Notts County had gate of 7,910. Obviously better all round to be up for promotion than permanently fighting just to stay in Lg2.

I get what you're saying Gerry, something has to break this malaise we seem to be perpetually in at the moment, and maybe dropping a division and winning a few games would do that. But, once in the National League I reckon it'll be a devil of a job to get back out again, and simply wouldn't want to risk it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

One out of six - but who ? on 15:38 - Mar 2 with 1109 viewsRSCOSWORTH

One out of six - but who ? on 11:39 - Mar 2 by gerry_us

We WILL stay up.

I think we could be doing a Forest Green in this division right now and we still wouldn't be getting over 7,000 people turn up. I actually think we'd struggle to get over 5,000 even if the team was doing well. People have stopped coming for a number of reasons and not all of them are directly related to the results on the pitch. My dad and my uncle were both season ticket holders at Layer Road and here and haven't been to a game since the pandemic struck, that's nearly two years now and I'm sure they won't be the only ones.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

One out of six - but who ? on 18:24 - Mar 2 with 1083 viewsdurham_exile

One out of six - but who ? on 15:38 - Mar 2 by RSCOSWORTH

I think we could be doing a Forest Green in this division right now and we still wouldn't be getting over 7,000 people turn up. I actually think we'd struggle to get over 5,000 even if the team was doing well. People have stopped coming for a number of reasons and not all of them are directly related to the results on the pitch. My dad and my uncle were both season ticket holders at Layer Road and here and haven't been to a game since the pandemic struck, that's nearly two years now and I'm sure they won't be the only ones.

Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Grimsby and even Scummend are all getting much bigger crowds than us.

We have lost 1500 supporters that show no sign of returning.

Grim times indeed.

Scunny and Stevenage for me but unless we start to win games we will be dragged right into the bottom two.

No home win since November tells its own story.
Shocking.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

One out of six - but who ? on 19:55 - Mar 2 with 1067 viewsburnsieespana

Crowd levels for us bit of a red herring as we have rarely consistently had more than 5000.
The season at the JobServe when Hoofriyd had us in top few we struggled to get 5000.
Southend have always had a fanbase to be envied.
I recall many wretched seasons in the old Div 4 when we were getting less than 2000.
It is going to be a real struggle to stay up this season and I dread dripping down to the National League because look how long it has taken Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, etc to get competitive even.
As Durham says grim times and the reaper isn't far away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024