Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shane Warne 17:28 - Mar 4 with 1094 viewsthrillseeker

I am not an avid cricket fan but Shane Warne deserves a thread even on a football forum

An absolute legend and one of the best sport stars ever
Shane Warne on 18:00 - Mar 4 with 1081 viewssevebalo

Agree, very sad news. Big shock.

52 is no age at all, but what a life he led.

RIP
Shane Warne on 18:47 - Mar 4 with 1055 viewswessex_exile

Absolutely, a dreadful loss at such a young age - RIP Shane

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Shane Warne on 18:48 - Mar 4 with 1058 viewsbwildered

What a talent, a joy to watch.
Even very sad news for a Pom .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Shane Warne on 19:35 - Mar 4 with 1043 viewsburnsieespana

RIP Shane
What a loss and so sad at that age
Shane Warne on 20:08 - Mar 4 with 1032 viewsLeadbelly

Best bowler I’ve seen in the flesh and definitely one of the best to ever play the game. Brilliant showman, far better tactician and thinker about the game than some thought before he went into commentary and his bowling masterclasses for Sky showed just how brilliant he was. And he could bat a bit too.

I’m gutted.

Bowled Shane…RIP Warnie

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Shane Warne on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 1019 viewsgerry_us

Bad day all round for Cricket Australia. It was announced earlier that Rod Marsh had also died today. Two icons in a day RIP
Shane Warne on 22:41 - Mar 4 with 1002 viewsBFG

Maybe an urban myth but when sledged about his weight the retort was

"Yeh 'cause every time I f**k your wife she gives me a biscuit"

Talent and a character RIP
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 22:43]
Shane Warne on 09:18 - Mar 5 with 972 viewsnoah4x4

I had the privilege of spending five days in close company with Warnie in New Zealand during the 2005 FICA World XI Tsunami Fund Raising Series where I was part of the charitable fundraising and team sponsor management. A small group of us dined out most evenings, and inevitably, my corporate expense account took a serious bashing, mainly due to Shane (and Ian Harvey's) love of the Amber Nectar. I must confess to being a similar bad influence, but everybody on that tour were awesome. All very professional on the pitch, but off it this could have been any 'village green' team on annual tour!

But there was a serious job to be done. $4M NZD was raised for Sri Lanka Tsunami Relief, then a further £1M at the Oval. It remains my proudest moment. There is much good in this sadly, evil world and Warnie always showed leadership and gave his time generously whenever there was a humanitarian or charitable need, (and a beer available). Bonzer bloke, stereotypical Aussie, a Crocodile Dundee like character, superhuman sportsman, but deffo one of the lads when out on the pi55. Played hard on and off the pitch and lived a lifestyle like everybody's best chum. A true legend and the greatest.

Met him a few times thereafter on the cricket circuit , and whilst he always had that winning arrogance and tough competitive mentality, was a generous fun guy, always happy to engage in conversation with anybody. Once invited my (then) 14 year old stepson to join a game of poker one wet day at the Oval, then "stole" my wife's precious golf umbrella for a pitch inspection which was never returned, actions for which she has never forgiven him. But she too shed a tear today. Cheeky chappy. RIP Warnie.
Login to get fewer ads

Shane Warne on 10:17 - Mar 5 with 957 viewsburnsieespana

Shane's last tweet apparently was we expressing sadnes, etc over the death of his hero Rod Marsh and spookily within hours he was also dead
Two great characters gone the same day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024