Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS 11:22 - Apr 9 with 1910 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United embark today on a mission to win three consecutive games, something they haven’t done for four years.

After another deserved Away day performance in North Yorkshire, the U’s look to put Stevenage to the sword and achieve 48 points which will surely be enough to secure our League status for next season.

Now I’m going to make a prediction later on Grand National day, even though I haven’t got much idea about nags but I will predict a handsome 6-1 win for the U’s today.

Really you say he’s lost it this time. No, it’s about time that we won a game in some style and what better way to secure our status but to score six goals at home and to effectively relegate Steve Evans side who like the U’s have endured a torrid time over the past few seasons. Today is not a day for complacency or to assume it is job done only a professional and confident display will do for the U’s.

A larger crowd can be expected today. Boro will bring 500 for this one and we could see almost 4,000 to cheer the U’s to victory.

Stevenage boast three ex U’s in Ben Coker, Luke Prosser and Chuck Norris but that will not help them today (Norris to score their solitary goal).

Just five games left after today:
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A

Current table:

Bradford 40 47
Harrogate 40 47
Walsall 40 47
Carlisle 40 47
COL U 40 45
Rochdale 40 44
Barrow 39 37
Oldham 40 37
Stevenage 39 34
Scunny 40 24

So, who might be Relegated from League One?

Fleetwood 40 38
Morecambe 41 38
Gillingham 41 37
Wimbledon 41 34
Doncaster 41 30
Crewe 41 25

From a personal point of view, I would like to see Crewe, Doncaster, Morecambe and Fleetwood. Four Northern grounds to bolster my Away games for next season. Gillingham could yet escape the dreaded drop, they looked dead and buried but the right Managerial change has seen them climb the table.

Should Wimbledon go down then perhaps we might be able to sign Corie Andrews (I am a big fan even if WB is not).

Regarding who comes up:

Stockport 35 79
Wrexham 35 71
Halifax 36 70
Solihull 36 68
Chesterfield 37 67
Notts Co 36 64
Grimsby 36 62

Any of the above will see me on the Terraces at more Northern (or Midlands) Grounds. However, I have never been to the Shay and that would offer a new ground.

Anyway, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Three points today is the order of the day.

Who does WB chose?

The bad news is that Owura Edwards has returned to Bristol City after his knee injury turned out to be far worse that initially considered.

Armando Dobra has returned to Ipswich. I have to say I thought he was massively overrated and that a gust of wind would blow him over. Quick feet but he was not as good as Syl Jasper who of course returned to Fulham.

How good is our midfield at present? Skuse, Chilvers and Wiredu must be the most effective in the league. All three have been producing match winning performances and Chilvers value is currently £1m+ (I am resigned to losing him in the summer but please not to Peterboro who are total shite).

Surely Big John must get game time today and I would also hope that Corie Andrews is allowed to step onto the pitch by WB.

Otherwise, Clampin excepted, the U’s should have a full line up to choose from.

So, here goes:

George

Coxe Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse

Hannant Chilvers

Sears Akinde

Subs
Hornby Welch-Hayes Huws Judge Andrews Wright Eastman

The weather is set to be sunny intervals with a moderate breeze and 11 degrees Celsius at the JSCS.

Enjoy the game, don’t forget about the scoreline (goal scorers Sears, Akinde, Wiredu, Chilvers, Hannant and Andrews (sub)).

Oh and the National — I reckon Snow Leopardess, but you cannot ignore Minella Times.

Sit back in your chairs after the game purring over the U’s victory, before watching the Big Cat do the business at Aintree!

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 20:11 - Apr 9 with 534 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 19:18 - Apr 9 by Witham

I thought you had been on the beer when I read your report before the game Durham.
Obviously those of the team who were out until 3.30am after the Harrogate win thought the season was over. Mind you I can't remember a decent game against Stevenage.
Off to Exeter for Easter - what are the odds on a win ?

Witham I honestly felt good about the match today.
Momentum was with the team after PV and Harrogate.

But WB sets up defensively and costs us the game when three points were there for the taking.

Ok so 6-1 was a tad optimistic. We have lost 6-1 to Stevenage in the past.

So now the pressure is back on.

Too many players were on the beach after last week.

Lose at Exeter and the pressure is back on.

We still need three more points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 21:13 - Apr 9 with 504 viewsmfb_cufc

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 18:23 - Apr 9 by thrillseeker

I loathe Formula 1 and just as I always thought it is the car that wins the race

Hamilton has a poor car this year and performs badly. Other years he has best car and wins
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 18:38]

Absolutely spot-on thrillseeker, That is exactly what I have always thought.

mfb

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 495 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 21:13 - Apr 9 by mfb_cufc

Absolutely spot-on thrillseeker, That is exactly what I have always thought.

Agreed. I have no interest in cars other than their ability to get me from A to B so watching them going round and round for ages has no appeal.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 23:22 - Apr 9 with 468 viewswessex_exile

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 21:33 - Apr 9 by Leadbelly

Agreed. I have no interest in cars other than their ability to get me from A to B so watching them going round and round for ages has no appeal.

Likewise. Someone once likened it to threading coloured beads on a string and periodically tipping it to watch them slide past your face.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 07:41 - Apr 10 with 443 viewsburnsieespana

Ferrari by far the best car this year so Leclerc is the lead driver.
Has always been the case with F1 that the best car has always won the Championship.
Last year the Red Bull was the best car.
To fully appreciate F1 you need to attend a race.
Frankly more exciting than following Colchester where for so many games over the last few years we have failed when up against bottom teams or is it we have expectations of grandour?
Super U's league status secure after victory over Boro at the JSCS on 08:27 - Apr 10 with 423 viewsbwildered

And team U’s, have one or two decent laps, but generally the problem is in the pits where the wheels keep coming off .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 16:59]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024