Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals 20:21 - Apr 16 with 2185 viewsmfb_cufc

wessex_exile has kindly asked me to make the draw the for the Semi-finals, and this is how it came out:-

wessex_exile v burnsieespana

RSCOSWORTH v gerry_us

I will now hand over the administration to wessex_exile, to carry on with the marvellous work he does running this competition.

mfb

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 667 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 10:53 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Last chance saloon...
Episode 2
03/05/2022: Villarreal 0 Liverpool 2  Salah  Mane
04/05/2022: Real Madrid 2 Manchester City 1 Vinicius  Foden

All the best Rosco; no really.

Gerry, I will double-check when I get home, but think you’ll have to change Salah and Mane for the Liverpool second leg, as RSC has already bagged them as scorers.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 14:18 - Apr 30 with 661 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 12:54 - Apr 30 by wessex_exile

Gerry, I will double-check when I get home, but think you’ll have to change Salah and Mane for the Liverpool second leg, as RSC has already bagged them as scorers.

Sorry, hadn't read the rules on scorers
How about Firminho and Van Dijk.
Oh, and first substitute 58 minutes.
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 12:20 - May 1 with 631 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 14:18 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Sorry, hadn't read the rules on scorers
How about Firminho and Van Dijk.
Oh, and first substitute 58 minutes.

Yep, all good Gerry - thanks!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 19:14 - May 3 with 584 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 22:08 - Apr 16 by wessex_exile

My picks:
26/04/2022: Manchester City 2 v Real Madrid 2 (De Bruyne and Junior)
27/04/2022: Liverpool 2 v Villarreal 1 (Jota and Danjuma)
03/05/2022: Villarreal 2 v Liverpool 2 (Salah and Moreno)
04/05/2022: Real Madrid 3 v Manchester City 2 (Benzema and Mahrez)
[Post edited 3 May 2022 19:15]

Danjuma isn't fit, so I'm switching to Moreno as my second goalscorer for tonight.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 22:14 - May 3 with 567 viewswessex_exile

A quick update after tonight's game.

Liverpool recover from a dreadful first half, with Villarreal goals for Dia and Coquelin to put them level on aggregate at half-time, to win 3-2 and progress through to the final. Second half goals in a 12 minute spell from Fabinho, Diaz and most importantly Mané take them through.

Semi-final 1
No score whatsoever in this UCL match leaves burnsieespana in the lead on seven points. I (wessex_exile) was sitting pretty on 73 minutes with the 2-2 spot-on to significantly close the gap to just two points, only for Mané to pop in the third a minute later and leave me also with zilch and four points behind on three points.

Semi-final 2
Although both ended up with the Liverpool away win as an outcome, RSCOSWORTH consolidated his lead with that late Mané goal as a goalscorer to take a commanding lead on nine points. Although the away win gave gerry_us a point, he falls further behind on four points, with a five point gap to make up on the final match day tomorrow.

However, with a good spread of score predictions and goalscorers for tomorrow's final game between Real Madrid and Man City, and with Man City holding a narrow 4-3 first leg lead, there are lots of combinations that could change the current UCL position very quickly.

As best as I can, given time constraints, I will endeavour to do a blow by blow update tomorrow to keep you all abreast of the changing situation as we all strive to make the UCL final.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 22:16 - May 3 with 566 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 22:14 - May 3 by wessex_exile

A quick update after tonight's game.

Liverpool recover from a dreadful first half, with Villarreal goals for Dia and Coquelin to put them level on aggregate at half-time, to win 3-2 and progress through to the final. Second half goals in a 12 minute spell from Fabinho, Diaz and most importantly Mané take them through.

Semi-final 1
No score whatsoever in this UCL match leaves burnsieespana in the lead on seven points. I (wessex_exile) was sitting pretty on 73 minutes with the 2-2 spot-on to significantly close the gap to just two points, only for Mané to pop in the third a minute later and leave me also with zilch and four points behind on three points.

Semi-final 2
Although both ended up with the Liverpool away win as an outcome, RSCOSWORTH consolidated his lead with that late Mané goal as a goalscorer to take a commanding lead on nine points. Although the away win gave gerry_us a point, he falls further behind on four points, with a five point gap to make up on the final match day tomorrow.

However, with a good spread of score predictions and goalscorers for tomorrow's final game between Real Madrid and Man City, and with Man City holding a narrow 4-3 first leg lead, there are lots of combinations that could change the current UCL position very quickly.

As best as I can, given time constraints, I will endeavour to do a blow by blow update tomorrow to keep you all abreast of the changing situation as we all strive to make the UCL final.

Good luck everyone!

I'm getting beaten up here.
A miracle required tomorrow.
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 23:24 - May 3 with 554 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 22:16 - May 3 by gerry_us

I'm getting beaten up here.
A miracle required tomorrow.

Mr Klott told me personally that Firminho was on the flight to the match so listed him as a goal scorer. What he didn't tell me was he was only going for a day out!
Thanks Mr Klott.
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 19:30 - May 4 with 536 viewswessex_exile

Just over half an hour to go before kick-off in the final match of the U'sual Champions League semi-final. Man City hold a slender 4-3 lead over Real Madrid, and the starting XI have been named as follows:

Real Madrid
1....Courtois
2....Carvajal
3....Militão
6....Nacho
23..Mendy
10..Modric
14..Casemiro
8....Kroos
15..Valverde
9....Benzema
20..Vinícius Júnior

Man City
31..Ederson
2....Walker
3....Rúben Dias
14..Laporte
27..Cancelo
20..Bernardo Silva
16..Rodri
17..De Bruyne
26..Mahrez
9....Gabriel Jesus
47..Foden

A reminder of the UCL semi-finals as things stand:

Fortunately, every one of the nominated goalscorers starts tonight, so for now no need to make any last minute alterations.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:01 - May 4 with 531 viewswessex_exile

20:00
As the match kicks off, technically the score is 0-0, and as the only one to predict a draw, RSC currently moves to 10pts with the outcome, being the only one to predict a draw (2-2 in his case). Everyone else has gone for a Real Madrid home win.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:27 - May 4 with 520 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:01 - May 4 by wessex_exile

20:00
As the match kicks off, technically the score is 0-0, and as the only one to predict a draw, RSC currently moves to 10pts with the outcome, being the only one to predict a draw (2-2 in his case). Everyone else has gone for a Real Madrid home win.

20:23
Just over halfway through the first half, and it's all very even between these two heavyweights. On paper Man City appear on top, with 56% possession, four attempts and three of those on target, but the reality is that Real Madrid are just as much a threat in this game right now.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:54 - May 4 with 510 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:27 - May 4 by wessex_exile

20:23
Just over halfway through the first half, and it's all very even between these two heavyweights. On paper Man City appear on top, with 56% possession, four attempts and three of those on target, but the reality is that Real Madrid are just as much a threat in this game right now.

20:47
Half time, after 2 extra minutes, and it's still 0-0, which means RSC is still the only points scorer in the UCL at present tonight. Man City arguably on top, and I would imagine they'll be more than happy to stop Real Madrid scoring and go through as a result. An even game on the commentary, and an even game on the stats, but with Man City getting four of their six attempts on target, and Real Madrid yet to register any of their six attempts on target, Man City hold the upper hand. Mind you, they could take a lesson from their WSL ladies side, who are currently beating Birmingham City 6-0 in a second half onslaught.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 21:01]

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:31 - May 4 with 496 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 20:54 - May 4 by wessex_exile

20:47
Half time, after 2 extra minutes, and it's still 0-0, which means RSC is still the only points scorer in the UCL at present tonight. Man City arguably on top, and I would imagine they'll be more than happy to stop Real Madrid scoring and go through as a result. An even game on the commentary, and an even game on the stats, but with Man City getting four of their six attempts on target, and Real Madrid yet to register any of their six attempts on target, Man City hold the upper hand. Mind you, they could take a lesson from their WSL ladies side, who are currently beating Birmingham City 6-0 in a second half onslaught.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 21:01]

21:26
First substitution is 68 minutes, with Rodrygo on for Tony Kroos for Real Madrid. Whether it's needed or not, that means if it's needed, I have the tie-break in Semi-final #1 and RSC in Semi-final #2. It'll need loads of goals to get even close to be a concern though....

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:34 - May 4 with 493 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:31 - May 4 by wessex_exile

21:26
First substitution is 68 minutes, with Rodrygo on for Tony Kroos for Real Madrid. Whether it's needed or not, that means if it's needed, I have the tie-break in Semi-final #1 and RSC in Semi-final #2. It'll need loads of goals to get even close to be a concern though....

21:31
...and almost immediately, Mahrez puts Man City 1-0 up. RSC loses his 1pt for the outcome, to stay 9-4 ahead of Gerry. However, I pick up Mahrez as a scorer to close to 4-7 behind Burnsie.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:52 - May 4 with 488 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:34 - May 4 by wessex_exile

21:31
...and almost immediately, Mahrez puts Man City 1-0 up. RSC loses his 1pt for the outcome, to stay 9-4 ahead of Gerry. However, I pick up Mahrez as a scorer to close to 4-7 behind Burnsie.

21:47
Rodrygo equalises to make it 1-1

21:49
Rodrygo puts Real Madrid 2-1 up!

This puts Burnsie 10-5 up with a spot-on, and Gerry closes the gap to 7-9 against RSC.

A reminder, it's all over at the end of normal time in the UCL.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 21:58 - May 4 with 484 viewswessex_exile

...and that's it - it's finished in normal time Real Madrid 2 (Rodrygo 90', 90+1') Man City 1 (Mahrez 74').

A full update will follow, but for now there's extra-time at the Bernabeu to pay attention to, even if it won't change the outcome of the UCL.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 23:16 - May 4 with 469 viewswessex_exile

Tonight's game has finished after normal time with a 2-1 victory to Real Madrid after two very late goals from Rodrygo to cancel out Mahrez's opening for Man City. Benzema then went on to score a 95th minute penalty for Real Madrid in extra time, to confirm they go through to the final to face Liverpool, and Man City go out of the competition.

U'sual Champions League Semi-finals
The UCL semi-finals have finished as follows;

Semi-final #1
Always holding a commanding lead, burnsieespana smashed it out of the park getting the Real Madrid 2-1 victory (after normal time) spot-on to finish on 10 points as highest scorer of the UCL semi-finals. I (wessex_exile) picked up the same result as an outcome, and with the only goalscorer prediction of the night for Mahrez's Man City opener, but it still left me a distant second on five points.

Semi-final #2
Although he drew a blank tonight, RSCOSWORTH had a solid lead from the previous semi-final legs, and qualifies for the final on nine points. Commiserations though to gerry_us, who closed the gap, also with tonight's result spot-on, to finish just two points behind on seven points.

Massive congratulations to burnsieespana and RSCOSWORTH for making the final!

Prediction requirements will be posted in due course, and a reminder to Gerry that me and thee still have the dubious privilege of competing for the 3rd/4th place wooden spoon play-off.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 13:16 - May 5 with 425 viewsgerry_us

Many congrats ROSCO. Gave you a fright at the death though!
Bring it on Wessex. It's a long time since I made even "4th" in a comp on this board.
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 19:58 - May 6 with 388 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Semi-finals on 13:16 - May 5 by gerry_us

Many congrats ROSCO. Gave you a fright at the death though!
Bring it on Wessex. It's a long time since I made even "4th" in a comp on this board.

Thanks Gerry. It was close in the end, must admit I did check to see if you had Rodrygo as a goalscorer. Just need to win the bloody thing now!

CheeRS

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024