Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Season Awards 2021-22 15:25 - Apr 27 with 1208 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Annoyingly I forgot to vote before the closing date but my picks would've been as follows:

Player of the Season: Freddie Sears
Young Player of the Season: Noah Chilvers
Goal of the Season: Alan Judge V Rochdale (a goal I saw live from the South Stand).

I think George has had a good season, red cards apart, and I also thought Skuse has been decent on the whole. Lots of others would have "could do better" on their report card. Special mention for Junior who despite still being raw and naive is continuing to improve and progress.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 17:17 - Apr 27 with 1171 viewsdurham_exile

RS I agree with two out of three.

My choice for POTY was Cole Skuse

A close second was Brendan Wiredu.

Brilliant that you were there to watch Alan Judge's goal live, which was simply magnificent.

His direct free kick at Mansfield this season was also superb, but it failed to get us a point unfortunately.

Many years ago I was standing at the Layer Road end when Bobby Gough scored a similar goal from 40 yards out. Spectacular goals always stick in the memory.

The best goal scored against us that I remember was in 1974 when Ray Graydon hit a 35 yarder for Aston Villa to win the League Cup Quarter Final at Layer Road.

I hope that we might score a few goals on Saturday against the Saddlers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 18:37 - Apr 27 with 1162 viewswessex_exile

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 17:17 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

RS I agree with two out of three.

My choice for POTY was Cole Skuse

A close second was Brendan Wiredu.

Brilliant that you were there to watch Alan Judge's goal live, which was simply magnificent.

His direct free kick at Mansfield this season was also superb, but it failed to get us a point unfortunately.

Many years ago I was standing at the Layer Road end when Bobby Gough scored a similar goal from 40 yards out. Spectacular goals always stick in the memory.

The best goal scored against us that I remember was in 1974 when Ray Graydon hit a 35 yarder for Aston Villa to win the League Cup Quarter Final at Layer Road.

I hope that we might score a few goals on Saturday against the Saddlers.

Up the U's

Danny Bulman's thunderbolt for Crawley in the Carabao Cup was pretty special, though not at the range of those two. I hope we score a few like that on Saturday too - having missed out on what would have been my last awayday at Newport on dog duty, I've decided to join a sizeable gathering of the clan at the JobServe on Saturday - fingers crossed!

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 04:40 - Apr 28 with 1114 viewsghughes11

Having watched almost all of the matches overseas via iFollow, I voted for the following:

Player of the Season: Shamal George (saved us from defeat and draws in so many matches!)
Young Player of the Season: Junior Tchamadeu (I tend to go for break-through players and this was Tchamadeu's first full season after breaking through last year).
Goal of the Season: Tchamadeu vs Tranmere (great technique and finish from edge of the box after just coming on the pitch and to be the winning goal in the last minute in an important fixture too!)

Special mentions to Skuse (Mr Consistent) and Sears (goals in a struggling team)!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 992 viewsmfb_cufc

POTY Shamal George.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/20106874.colchester-united-goalkeeper-shamal

mfb

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 19:09 - May 1 with 924 viewswessex_exile

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 22:31 - Apr 30 by mfb_cufc

POTY Shamal George.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/20106874.colchester-united-goalkeeper-shamal

I got two out of three with Noah and Junior. No argument about Sham for POTY, he has proved crucial on a number of occasions. Delighted that Skuse picked up arguably the best award of the afternoon, with recognition from his fellow professionals as Player's Player of the Year. A shame that with 17 goals (so far) Sears didn't receive recognition, but he did rightly get (I think) a couple of runners-up nominations. We stayed for the awards, and the nippers enjoying the freedom of the JobServe pitch - Searsy's boy shows some talent - but with so many wanting to shake hands and get autographs, we couldn't stay for the rest.

All in all a cracking day out - decent performance, and with Noah's brace of chances, arguably we should have won the game, but still a good open match.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 21:07 - May 1 with 899 viewsghughes11

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 19:09 - May 1 by wessex_exile

I got two out of three with Noah and Junior. No argument about Sham for POTY, he has proved crucial on a number of occasions. Delighted that Skuse picked up arguably the best award of the afternoon, with recognition from his fellow professionals as Player's Player of the Year. A shame that with 17 goals (so far) Sears didn't receive recognition, but he did rightly get (I think) a couple of runners-up nominations. We stayed for the awards, and the nippers enjoying the freedom of the JobServe pitch - Searsy's boy shows some talent - but with so many wanting to shake hands and get autographs, we couldn't stay for the rest.

All in all a cracking day out - decent performance, and with Noah's brace of chances, arguably we should have won the game, but still a good open match.

Thanks for this Wessex, there is nothing on the Col U website - trying to keep Shamal's win a secret from the prying eyes?!? Will the POTY curse strike again???

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 14:36 - May 3 with 815 viewsRSCOSWORTH

End of Season Awards 2021-22 on 21:07 - May 1 by ghughes11

Thanks for this Wessex, there is nothing on the Col U website - trying to keep Shamal's win a secret from the prying eyes?!? Will the POTY curse strike again???

It's on there now.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/may/george-wins-official-poty-award/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024