Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson leaves Charlton 11:52 - May 4 with 1003 viewsnoah4x4

News in the Gazette. https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/20111153.ex-colchester-favourite-johnnie-jac

Also, U's Head of Performance de Souza and the Maldon & Tiptree Chairman/Treasurer/Head of Laundry and Chief Bottle Washer have gone to Charlton. Hopefully the other wonky leg of the U's back-office stool will soon follow them.

WB turned down permanent manager when previously temporarily in charge. I don't think there would be too much surprise if Johnnie Jackson now comes to Colchester and WB goes back to M & T?

I think JJ would be a great appointment. Who could not respect a club legend of such stature? He only left us because he was discarded, then proved Lambert (or was it Boothroyd?) wrong and became a Charlton Legend. Charlton won three of their last five league games and they finished 13th in Division One, after JJ became temporary manager in October 2021 and permanent in December. Limited experience perhaps, but deserves a chance if WB isn't appointed. Jackson and Joe Dunne.....a dream team?

[Post edited 4 May 2022 11:57]
Jackson leaves Charlton on 19:12 - May 4 with 917 viewswessex_exile

Officially, Jackson put in a transfer request under Lambert, but one presumes those two elements were intrinsically related? If Wayne wants the job, and is/ has been offered it, then he's earned the right as far as I'm concerned. But, if not, Johnnie Jackson would be an excellent replacement (again if he wants it/ is offered it).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Jackson leaves Charlton on 09:33 - May 5 with 864 viewsburnsieespana

Did not JJ put in the transfer request after Lambert had sent him to train with the 'stiffs'?
Would be more than happy to have him as Manager if WB decides he doesn't want the job on a permanent basis which I think he has earned the opportunity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024