Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season 2022/23 12:32 - May 26 with 19075 viewsburnsieespana

Thought it might be useful to have a thread where we can post bits of random information during the close season.

For starters:

OMB saying Tovide might well be off to Reading and if it happened assume we would be entitled to a fee?
Swindon fans expecting Garner and his coach's to leave for Charlton anytime soon.
Season 2022/23 on 21:24 - Jun 20 with 1987 viewsburnsieespana

Staggering the players reported back today!
Season 2022/23 on 21:52 - Jun 20 with 1969 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 21:24 - Jun 20 by burnsieespana

Staggering the players reported back today!

Season is starting a week early Burnsie.

Players normally back around 1 July but this year 20 June.

Something to do with the World Cup.

Up the super fit U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:39 - Jun 21 with 1909 viewsburnsieespana

Indeed so Durham and is going to be an odd season with the World Cup in the middle.
Season 2022/23 on 12:40 - Jun 21 with 1879 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:39 - Jun 21 by burnsieespana

Indeed so Durham and is going to be an odd season with the World Cup in the middle.

Very disappointing news today - Brendan Wiredu has gone to ..............Fleetwood Town

Really.

Are we serious about promotion this season.

My number two on the teamsheet behind Noah Chilvers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 13:46 - Jun 21 with 1859 viewsgerry_us

Season 2022/23 on 12:40 - Jun 21 by durham_exile

Very disappointing news today - Brendan Wiredu has gone to ..............Fleetwood Town

Really.

Are we serious about promotion this season.

My number two on the teamsheet behind Noah Chilvers.

Up the U's

That puts us in our place if he thinks a move to Fleetwood Town is a step up.
OK, they are Div. 1, but Fleetwood..really?
Season 2022/23 on 13:50 - Jun 21 with 1854 viewsburnsieespana

Fleetwood Chairman claiming they have paid a 'huge fee' to secure.
Shame and I fear we will also loose Chilvers but maybe if we have money in the pot we can afford a couple of good signings ourselves.
Trouble is after two years at the wrong end to he better players don't want to come but hopefully our new Recruitment Manager can pull something out of the fire.
Season 2022/23 on 15:06 - Jun 21 with 1839 viewsbwildered

Combative midfield player, but no natural goal scorer, surprised and disappointed on going ( no disrespect ) to Fleetwood , but if they want to pay silly money , who’s to argue, hope we negotiated some bolt on’s.

Expect Emyr Huws to sign up now .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Season 2022/23 on 20:20 - Jun 21 with 1773 viewsthrillseeker

Just noticed Scott Brown of Celtic fame is now manager of Fleetwood so Brendan could have a good tutor.

Could turn out a good move for BW if he listens and learns

I must admit I never saw Fleetwood as a destination for BW
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 20:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Season 2022/23 on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 1740 viewswessex_exile

He's stepped up to League 1, almost certainly a decent pay rise and, a 3yr contract. Shame, but can't blame him. It's got nothing to do with the U's unless you want us to throw stupid money on a work in progress. I certainly don't.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Season 2022/23 on 23:30 - Jun 21 with 1719 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 21:58 - Jun 21 by wessex_exile

He's stepped up to League 1, almost certainly a decent pay rise and, a 3yr contract. Shame, but can't blame him. It's got nothing to do with the U's unless you want us to throw stupid money on a work in progress. I certainly don't.

Wessex I understand that we sadly will always be a selling club.
But do we not have any ambition to get out of this wretched basement league and back to League One where we should ideally be.

Our better players are sold every year and we have to suck it up and get on with it.

Wiredu has now gone, Chilvers not far behind but it is soul destroying to the faithful who want our club to achieve promotion.

My sons bought me a framed photograph of THAT team who made it to the Promised Land. I'm not greedy promotion to League One is not too much to ask is it.

Winning those games at the end of the season I didn't want it to end but now we must once again rebuild our team. No signings yet.

Disappointed of Tunbridge Wells!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 1696 viewsburnsieespana

Trouble is Durham if a player such as BW has his head turned by his agent saying more money, etc holding onto who then is an unhappy the player is pointless.
Never forget we got him for nothing and a good chance we had to pay part of the fee to Charlton, who certainly had a buy back option, is pretty good business and if it helps to keep us alive and kicking so much the better.
Season 2022/23 on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 1655 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Season 2022/23 on 23:30 - Jun 21 by durham_exile

But do we not have any ambition to get out of this wretched basement league and back to League One where we should ideally be.

Our better players are sold every year and we have to suck it up and get on with it.

Wiredu has now gone, Chilvers not far behind but it is soul destroying to the faithful who want our club to achieve promotion.

My sons bought me a framed photograph of THAT team who made it to the Promised Land. I'm not greedy promotion to League One is not too much to ask is it.

Winning those games at the end of the season I didn't want it to end but now we must once again rebuild our team. No signings yet.

Up the U's

I'm not sure a rebuild is quite required at this moment in time. Most of the squad that finished last season are still under contract and hopefully with a few additions we'll go into this season even stronger than we finished the last. Wiredu has definitely been one of our best players over the last couple of seasons and was probably one of the main reasons we stayed up the season before last. Fleetwood doesn't seem like the most glamorous of destinations but it's an opportunity to play at a higher level and if someone comes in offering money for any player we're always likely to let them go. He left a classy statement on his social media yesterday and although he'll be missed he leaves with my best wishes.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Season 2022/23 on 12:25 - Jun 22 with 1651 viewsgerry_us

Season 2022/23 on 23:30 - Jun 21 by durham_exile

Up the U's

When did you move South Peter?
Season 2022/23 on 17:22 - Jun 22 with 1605 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 12:25 - Jun 22 by gerry_us

When did you move South Peter?

Gerry I thought Tunbridge Wells would have more cachet than Barnard Castle.

I do not have any plans to move back to the South of England at the present!

Up the U's and the U's Exiles

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 23:43 - Jun 22 with 1539 viewsgerry_us

Season 2022/23 on 17:22 - Jun 22 by durham_exile

Gerry I thought Tunbridge Wells would have more cachet than Barnard Castle.

I do not have any plans to move back to the South of England at the present!

Up the U's and the U's Exiles

Well dont.
Jan and I called in briefly at Barnard Castle on our way home from the Lakes and what a super place BC is. You are very luckily placed for a super town.
Season 2022/23 on 08:51 - Jun 23 with 1516 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 23:43 - Jun 22 by gerry_us

Well dont.
Jan and I called in briefly at Barnard Castle on our way home from the Lakes and what a super place BC is. You are very luckily placed for a super town.

Gerry you must call in next time you travel through County Durham.

Fixtures out in 15 minutes
We should start and finish with Home matches if the computer has done its job correctly.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 08:54 - Jun 23 with 1514 viewsthrillseeker

Season 2022/23 on 08:51 - Jun 23 by durham_exile

Gerry you must call in next time you travel through County Durham.

Fixtures out in 15 minutes
We should start and finish with Home matches if the computer has done its job correctly.

Up the U's

I fancy Northampton away first game with Carlisle our first hone game
Season 2022/23 on 09:02 - Jun 23 with 1513 viewsthrillseeker

Season 2022/23 on 08:54 - Jun 23 by thrillseeker

I fancy Northampton away first game with Carlisle our first hone game

Ooohhh - look I was right
Season 2022/23 on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 1500 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:02 - Jun 23 by thrillseeker

Ooohhh - look I was right

TS starting with 6 points

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:36 - Jun 23 with 1498 viewsthrillseeker

Season 2022/23 on 09:27 - Jun 23 by durham_exile

TS starting with 6 points

Up the U's

I hope so

The fixtures and date allocations seem reasonable

Will need to be an EFL enquiry as fixtures were leaked. I got details at 06:25 this morning from a friend.

Looking forward to the upcoming season - hopefully will not be any worse than than the last few seasons
Season 2022/23 on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 1475 viewswessex_exile

Season 2022/23 on 09:36 - Jun 23 by thrillseeker

I hope so

The fixtures and date allocations seem reasonable

Will need to be an EFL enquiry as fixtures were leaked. I got details at 06:25 this morning from a friend.

Looking forward to the upcoming season - hopefully will not be any worse than than the last few seasons

I'd imagine clubs must see the fixture lists in advance, even if just to give them time to prepare their fixture list graphics. Not a bad set to be honest, though quite a few of my go-to fixtures are in October, so that'll be an expensive month. Looking forward to Northampton away too, and Grimsby is on a Saturday for once!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Season 2022/23 on 12:29 - Jun 23 with 1460 viewsgerry_us

Season 2022/23 on 11:01 - Jun 23 by wessex_exile

I'd imagine clubs must see the fixture lists in advance, even if just to give them time to prepare their fixture list graphics. Not a bad set to be honest, though quite a few of my go-to fixtures are in October, so that'll be an expensive month. Looking forward to Northampton away too, and Grimsby is on a Saturday for once!

True, Grimsby on a Saturday.. but in February? Papa's fish and chips on the beach guys?
Season 2022/23 on 19:26 - Jun 23 with 1399 viewsLeadbelly

Season 2022/23 on 23:43 - Jun 22 by gerry_us

Well dont.

Eye test?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Season 2022/23 on 09:11 - Jun 24 with 1357 viewsdurham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 19:26 - Jun 23 by Leadbelly

Eye test?

Bizarrely he put Barney on the map.
A small Market Town in County Durham suddenly became famous almost overnight.

Teesdale residents would prefer a return to anonymity but accept that Tourism is good for the dale.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season 2022/23 on 11:38 - Jun 24 with 1339 viewsLeadbelly

Season 2022/23 on 09:11 - Jun 24 by durham_exile

Bizarrely he put Barney on the map.
A small Market Town in County Durham suddenly became famous almost overnight.

Teesdale residents would prefer a return to anonymity but accept that Tourism is good for the dale.

Up the U's

Unintentional levelling up perhaps!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024