Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a good experience 09:38 - May 29 with 1956 viewsthrillseeker

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/southampton-west-ham
Not a good experience on 14:38 - May 29 with 1886 viewsdurham_exile

Admittedly I have only been to one home game this season but I think the grading is harsh.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Not a good experience on 21:33 - May 29 with 1844 viewsnoah4x4

Not a good experience on 14:38 - May 29 by durham_exile

Admittedly I have only been to one home game this season but I think the grading is harsh.

Up the U's

Quote;

"Only MK Dons, Walsall and Colchester United achieved a lower rating than Saints"

Walsall in 2021-22 was dire; the wonderful 'Saddlers Bar' had gone bust and the nearest pub was too far to walk.

A bit unfair on MKD. Their Fans Bar is OK and why complain when McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and others all in the same precinct.

Colchester Utd - it is no contest - the worst. Fan Zone pathetic. the proper bar converted into a Vaccination Centre. The concourse bars having the same breeze block ambience as the urinals. No Real Ale. Soggy burnt pies that get repeatedly recycled if unsold.

I travelled to 20 Division Two away grounds this season and other than at Walsall, fans were always better treated than at the Jobserve Stadium. I also went to a tribute night - absolutely NOTHING on draft except awful Carling lager. Nothing bottled of note. Just clearing out unsold stock. Two on our table bought meals - both meals returned to the kitchen as they were awful (cold, undercooked etc). The staff (mainly students) did their best, but it was a dire experience. Fortunately, we can drink pre-match in Town, but where is the public transport to the stadium?

We deserve the worst accolade.
Not a good experience on 21:28 - May 30 with 1762 viewsGOSBTS

"Each club was rated out of five in four different sections — the stadium’s soul, home support, matchday menu and eccentricity."

Admittedly the experience at the Jobserve is poor, but I wouldn't pay any heed to this poll if I were Robbie. Firstly, it's by Copa90, a niche subsect of football fans who care about flares and limbs. I watched a video of their's on the Pompey Southampton rivalry and it was pretty bizarre, basically revelling in their assertion that Portsmouth is an underworld of Hampshire/the country and you can only be a certain type of person to live there. I've never been but I'm pretty sure that's self-indulgent waffle.

Secondly, those four categories are pretty ridiculous and naturally lead to absurd results. Selhurst Park the best experience and Brighton one of the worst? Selhurst Park is widely regarded as one of the worst away grounds to visit in the PL, whilst the Amex is considered one of PL fans' favourite away days. Furthermore, Brighton have won awards several years in a row for their local-made pies, so again a stupid polling system.

This is basically a survey on "which home support has the best limbs", which is all Copa90 is basically concerned about.
Not a good experience on 17:26 - May 31 with 1696 viewsnoah4x4

Disagree. The Fan Zone at Crystal Palace was (arguably) one of the best that U’s fans have experienced. Yes, all polls are subjective, but the Jobserve Stadium gets the ranking it deserves. Gates have continued to tumble. Cowling needs to act to stop the rot.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:27]
Not a good experience on 17:36 - May 31 with 1686 viewsRSCOSWORTH

My question is what is all this limbs talk I see everywhere these days? I don't get it!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Not a good experience on 17:42 - May 31 with 1686 viewspwrightsknees

I've no problem with Portsmouth, GOSBTS. Before we married, my wife to be was stationed there for two years in the Wrens. It may amuse you to know, that when she left the Wrens to marry me, we had to get an extra marriage certificate to send to the Royal Navy to prove that she wasn't a deserter. So, it cost me 15/- to marry her instead of 7/6d.
Not a good experience on 20:22 - May 31 with 1671 viewswessex_exile

Not a good experience on 17:36 - May 31 by RSCOSWORTH

My question is what is all this limbs talk I see everywhere these days? I don't get it!

I believe it's popular youth slang for falling around all over the place on the terraces, arms and legs everywhere. In my day we called it a bundle.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:33]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024