Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading 20:09 - Jul 1 with 1651 viewsdurham_exile

Well frankly I didn’t want last season to end. 10 points from the last 12 and some impressive victories amongst those games. A 15th place finish after a seemingly disastrous campaign.

But this 2022/23 season has got to see the U’s challenging for the top seven rather than avoiding the bottom two. Saturday sees the U’s at Reading in a behind closed doors friendly. The Guvnor Paul Ince manages the Royals and both teams will be looking for better seasons than last year.

The team who won handsomely at Hartlepool on the last day of the season lined up as follows:

Hornby
Coxe Chambers Smith Tchamadeu
Judge
Wiredu Chilvers Hannant
Akinde Sears

Brendan Wiredu has left to ply his trade at Fleetwood, but otherwise the team on Saturday will not be a million miles from those 11.

Miles Welch-Hayes has gone to Harrogate and Dean Gerken sadly has also left the club.

Alex Newby from Rochdale, Sam Hornby from Bradford and Emyr Huws from Ipswich have all signed on.

Team (Probably) tomorrow:

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Smith Clampin

Newby Chilvers Hannant

Judge

Akinde Sears

Subs
George Huws Nouble Cooper Tovide Dallison Tchamadeu

Wayne Brown, Joe Dunne and Dave Huzzey have been appointed as the management team.

As things stand we have the following squad members:

Shamal George
Sam Hornby
Ted Collins

Ryan Clampin
Cameron Coxe
Luke Chambers
Tom Dallison
Tom Eastman
Tommy Smith
Junior Tchamadeu
Billy Cracknell
Al-Amin Kazeem

Kaan Bennet
Bradley Ihionvien
Chay Cooper
Ryan Lowe
Luke Hannant
Noah Chilvers
Gene Kennedy
Alan Judge
Cole Skuse
Alex Newby
Emyr Huws
Donell Thomas
Benny Bioletti

Samson Tovide
John Akinde
Frank Nouble
Freddie Sears

Wayne Brown is looking for more signings with that responsibility falling to Head of Recruitment Ross Embleton. Max Kretzschmar from Woking is on the radar currently.
Good to see Ryan Clampin back fit and raring to go.

The League Two teams this season are:

AFC Wimbledon
Barrow
Bradford
Carlisle
Crawley
Crewe
Doncaster
Gillingham
Grimsby
Harrogate
Hartlepool
Orient
Mansfield
Newport
Northampton
Rochdale
Salford
Stevenage
Stockport
Sutton
Swindon
Tranmere
Walsall

After the friendlies we start Away (again) at Northampton and then play Carlisle at Home, Ipswich Away in the Carabao Cup and then play at Stockport.

Not much more to say.

Weather 17 degrees Celsius at Reading with sunshine and showers.

I reckon a desmond to start things off with Sears and new boy Newby on the scoresheet.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 13:38 - Jul 2 with 1559 viewsmfb_cufc

Losing 2-0 after 30 minutes. Brown out.

mfb

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 15:00 - Jul 2 with 1550 viewsmfb_cufc

Full Time lost 2-0.

mfb

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 16:49 - Jul 2 with 1530 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 15:00 - Jul 2 by mfb_cufc

Full Time lost 2-0.

Not much more to say.

Bath Wednesday evening.
Not my hygiene schedule but the next U's game.

Can we sign a striker please.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 17:04 - Jul 2 with 1527 viewsmfb_cufc

Match report.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/july/pre-season-underway-at-reading/

mfb

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 12:45 - Jul 6 with 1301 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 16:49 - Jul 2 by durham_exile

Not much more to say.

Bath Wednesday evening.
Not my hygiene schedule but the next U's game.

Can we sign a striker please.

Up the U's

Enjoy (your) bath tonight.
Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 16:41 - Jul 6 with 1261 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 12:45 - Jul 6 by gerry_us

Enjoy (your) bath tonight.

Gerry after Big Frank scoring against Swansea I am ecstatic and if we can carry on the good form at Twerton Park tonight happy days.

Treated myself to a shower this morning!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 17:35 - Jul 6 with 1253 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 16:41 - Jul 6 by durham_exile

Gerry after Big Frank scoring against Swansea I am ecstatic and if we can carry on the good form at Twerton Park tonight happy days.

Treated myself to a shower this morning!

Up the U's

Trying to picture that....
Oh.. big Frank scoring; not you ... ergh!
Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 18:25 - Jul 6 with 1243 viewswessex_exile

LOL - unfortunately, having only just finished for the day, I'll have to pass on the trip to Twerton Park tonight, so will have to look forward to Twitter updates for this one.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 18:48 - Jul 6 with 1238 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 18:25 - Jul 6 by wessex_exile

LOL - unfortunately, having only just finished for the day, I'll have to pass on the trip to Twerton Park tonight, so will have to look forward to Twitter updates for this one.

Another strong line up tonight Wessex.

I wonder who the triallist is.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 18:58 - Jul 6 with 1234 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 18:48 - Jul 6 by durham_exile

Another strong line up tonight Wessex.

I wonder who the triallist is.

Up the U's

Indeed - I've seen rumours about triallists in the last day or so - Owen Lane or Ateef Konate, both midfielders.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:05 - Jul 6 with 1233 viewswessex_exile

...and we're playing in blue and white stripes!

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:21 - Jul 6 with 1228 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:05 - Jul 6 by wessex_exile

...and we're playing in blue and white stripes!

LOL - the club has just issued a disclaimer - it's an old shirt, not the new one.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:26 - Jul 6 with 1227 viewswessex_exile

Bath City 1-0 up - good goal apparently (if that helps?).

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:49 - Jul 6 with 1222 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 19:26 - Jul 6 by wessex_exile

Bath City 1-0 up - good goal apparently (if that helps?).

Triallist hammers home a half-volley on the stroke of half-time to equalise for the U's.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 20:03 - Jul 6 with 1217 viewswessex_exile

All change for the second half.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 20:17 - Jul 6 with 1205 viewswessex_exile

Jake Hutchinson converts a good cross from Coxe to make it 2-1 to the U's.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 20:53 - Jul 6 with 1191 viewswessex_exile

Pressure from Luke Hannant forces a 90th minute own goal, for the U's to win 3-1 at Twerton Park.

Up the U's

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 21:55 - Jul 6 with 1173 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to kick off their friendly behind closed doors with a draw at Reading on 20:53 - Jul 6 by wessex_exile

Pressure from Luke Hannant forces a 90th minute own goal, for the U's to win 3-1 at Twerton Park.

Good news
I wonder how Alex Newby is fitting in.

Still encouraging progress.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024