Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to start with leathering of the Cobblers at Sixfields 10:06 - Jul 29 with 1931 viewsdurham_exile

Time for the talking to stop, the wild computer predictions (either top two or bottom) and the doom and gloom merchants.

Right let’s start as we mean to go on this season. The Super U’s will finish in the top seven.

Also, we don’t talk about Relegation this season. But ........ we have still not replaced the excellent Brendan Wiredu or Shamal George and the perennial problem is we still need another striker.
Do we not owe Michael Folivi the chance of a contract.

However, Alex Newby from Rochdale, Sam Hornby from Bradford, Emyr Huws from Ipswich and Ossama Ashley from West Ham have all signed on.

Well frankly I didn’t want last season to end. 10 points from the last 12 and some impressive victories amongst those games. A 15th place finish after a seemingly disastrous campaign.

But this 2022/23 season has got to see the U’s challenging for the top seven rather than avoiding the bottom two.

Just remember the team who won handsomely at Hartlepool on the last day of the season lined up as follows:

Hornby
Coxe Chambers Smith Tchamadeu
Judge
Wiredu Chilvers Hannant
Akinde Sears

Wayne Brown, Joe Dunne and Dave Huzzey have been appointed as the management team.

Jon Brady and his Northampton charges await tomorrow. We owe the Cobblers for some poor results against them and so a strong start is long overdue.

Sadly Emyr Huws is already out, crocked against the lions of Millwall whilst Tommy Smith is also injured.

Last season the average home attendance at the JSCS was 2,813 we must be looking to improve upon that this time out.

We are also going to have to play with a mix of youth and experience although we do have some talented youngsters amongst our matchday squad.

It has been pleasing to see that two strikers have been deployed in the pre season friendlies. Long may this continue.

Team tomorrow at Sixfields 4,4,2:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Clampin

Hannant Chilvers Skuse Ashley

Sears Akinde

Subs
Collins, Dallison, Coxe, Marshall Miranda, Nouble, Cooper, Judge

As things stand we have the following squad members:

1 Sam Hornby
44 Ted Collins

3 Ryan Clampin
27 Cameron Coxe
4 Luke Chambers
6 Tom Dallison
18 Tom Eastman
5 Tommy Smith
22 Junior Tchamadeu
35 Billy Cracknell
30 Al-Amin Kazeem

49 Kaan Bennet
48 Bradley Ihionvien
37 Chay Cooper
39 Ryan Lowe
7 Luke Hannant
14 Noah Chilvers
21 Gene Kennedy
10 Alan Judge
8 Cole Skuse
19 Alex Newby
28 Emyr Huws
31 Donell Thomas
Benny Bioletti
17 Ossama Ashley
26 Lordon Akolbire
28 Emyr Huws
33 Marley Marshal Miranda
36 Harvey Sayer
40 Frankie Terry
43 Harry Beadle

34 Samson Tovide
24 John Akinde
45 Frank Nouble
11 Freddie Sears
32 Jake Hutchinson
9 ??????

Wayne Brown is looking for more signings with that responsibility falling to Head of Recruitment Ross Embleton.

The League Two teams this season are:

AFC Wimbledon
Barrow
Bradford
Carlisle
Crawley
Crewe
Doncaster
Gillingham
Grimsby
Harrogate
Hartlepool
Orient
Mansfield
Newport
Northampton
Rochdale
Salford
Stevenage
Stockport
Sutton
Swindon
Tranmere
Walsall

Next games; Carlisle at Home, Ipswich Away in the Carabao Cup and then newly promoted Stockport Away which will be my first game of the season.

Northampton weather will be 23 degrees Celsius, mostly cloudy but warm and a light breeze.

Not much more to say other than a 2-1 win at Sixfields is on the cards.

Safe journey to the travelling U’s faithful.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to start with leathering of the Cobblers at Sixfields on 22:41 - Aug 1 with 360 viewsghughes11

Super U's to start with leathering of the Cobblers at Sixfields on 19:09 - Aug 1 by bwildered

Let’s not look, has we need to go on. The winner, three times we fail to get foot on the ball to stop ball going across the area. It’s sloppy standard stuff, forget who we played or where they might finish, against any team at this level, these are mistakes made by experience guys, just like previous seasons, but now behind a keeper who clean sheets are rare.
Do we need more signings in the squad, no, because it is strong enough, just need more competence.
If we do not improve the home form from the start, we all know where we end up.

I agree that stopping crosses has been an issue for Col U teams over the past few seasons and so teams tend to focus their attacks down the flanks.

Targeting the inexperienced Tchamadeu down his right in the first half and then his left when he switched in the 2nd.

Then again two of Northampton's better players adopted positions on either wing (Pinnock & Hoskins), so maybe just a coincidence that their better play was on the wing and no targeting of our full backs was necessary?!?

Not sure I agree with the 'now behind a keeper who clean sheets are rare.' statement. 2/9 (22%) isn't so bad, is it? Shamal was 15/50 (30%).

I also agree about the need to forget who we played or where they might finish, as I am sure you, like many of us were happy with a point away at "promotion favourites" Notts County a few seasons back and they ended up relegated! But if we compare match vs match against the same opposition then although we are still on 0pts vs Northampton we are +2 gd better off and a win vs Carlisle will see us 2pts better off!

Interesting that our first home match was vs Northampton (lost 1-0) and our first away was against Carlisle (draw 0-0) and now we have the reverse this season.

Will it be all doom and gloom if we fail to win vs Carlisle this weekend? On Facebook yes, however in reality no!

For me it will be all about performance again and if we can perform like we did in the 2nd half against Northampton, at home versus Carlisle, I am confident of getting a win to get us off the mark!

2-1 Col U is my prediction!

Up the U's!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024