Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight 14:01 - Aug 9 with 2117 viewsdurham_exile

Brown Dunne and Huzzey (BDH) take their charges along the A12 this evening to do battle against the old enemy. The Farmers of Ipswich Town at Poorman Road will provide stiff opposition with both teams eager to continue in the Carabao Cup.

This despite the fact that the Suffolk supporters chant “You mean f**k all to us”. The reality is that neither team will want to lose.

I think that we are due a win against the League One side and WB will be looking to ring changes whilst seeking to provide a challenging team to overcome the Farmers.

Ipswich have 4 points from their two games in the league. Although they have yet to play any of the fancied teams. Kieran McKenna will make changes and it is likely that he will start former U’s favourite Kane Vincent-Young whilst Kayden Jackson (who I actually like) will start as Centre Forward.

WB will also make changes with one eye on the Edgeley Park match on Saturday. But I do not anticipate wide spread changes. Kieran O’Hara will get his first start between the sticks and Tom Dallison will get his first start this season. Big Frank to also start in a strong looking line up.

Ryan Clampin needs wrapping in cotton wool which makes it all the more disappointing that we let Myles Kenlock slip through our fingers.

Team 4,3,2,1

O’Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Coxe

Judge Skuse Chilvers

Hannant Nouble

Sears

Subs
Collins, Eastman, Ashley, Marshall Miranda, Akinde, Newby, Kazeem

Frankly tonight will be tough and I reckon a surprise is on the cards with a 2-1 win for the Super U’s. Chilvers and Big Frank to score the goals.

Now it seems unlikely that we will be making further additions to the squad anytime soon, but we really do need a striker and midfielder. Don’t forget, you know who, is still promised a contract at Colchester and we need to get him signed up.

More importantly we really must retain Noah Chilvers. He is outstanding and now beginning to show his goal scoring abilities. Notwithstanding the transfer window has about 22 days to run, if we are serious about promotion then Chilvers must be number one on the team sheet. We may yet lose him next summer, but please not now.

The weather in Ipswich tonight will still be hovering around 22 degrees with strong sunshine. Currently it is about 27 degrees.

A decent team is expected at Poorman Road and a good contingent of U’s fans amongst them.

The match is not on iFollow unfortunately.

Safe journey up the A12.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 16:49 - Aug 9 with 1410 viewsthrillseeker

Sadly due to work I cannot make the match tonight.
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 18:55 - Aug 9 with 1367 viewsdurham_exile

Team tonight

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Skuse Miranda Ashley

Chilvers

Nouble

Subs
Collins Clampin Dallison Newby Akinde Coxe Tovide

O'Hara cannot be match fit at present

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 19:32 - Aug 9 with 1354 viewsoxfcolu

No Freddie on the bench tonight. Let's see how we get on tonight.
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 1337 viewswessex_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 18:55 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Team tonight

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Skuse Miranda Ashley

Chilvers

Nouble

Subs
Collins Clampin Dallison Newby Akinde Coxe Tovide

O'Hara cannot be match fit at present

Up the U's

I understand that is the case for O'Hara, just needs a bit of work on his fitness after a 3-month lay-off.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:10 - Aug 9 with 1324 viewsgerry_us

So we play one up front and he spends most of the time on the left touch line.
Rubbish.
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:16 - Aug 9 with 1313 viewswessex_exile

HANNANT!!!!! 1-0 to the U's!

Up the U's

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:18 - Aug 9 with 1311 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:10 - Aug 9 by gerry_us

So we play one up front and he spends most of the time on the left touch line.
Rubbish.

Seven shots to one

But we have taken the lead

Up the U's
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 20:20]

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:21 - Aug 9 with 1301 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:18 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Seven shots to one

But we have taken the lead

Up the U's
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 20:20]

Who needs Freddie Sears!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:30 - Aug 9 with 1286 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:21 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Who needs Freddie Sears!

Up the U's

Come on the U's

Perhaps this season we will start to get all the midfielders weighing in with goals.

Chilvers Hannant Ashley and Newby

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:33 - Aug 9 with 1284 viewsthrillseeker

Here is the goal if I have done it correctly
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:38 - Aug 9 with 1277 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:33 - Aug 9 by thrillseeker

Here is the goal if I have done it correctly

Spot on TS

Another half like that is what we need.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:43 - Aug 9 with 1273 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:38 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Spot on TS

Another half like that is what we need.

Up the U's

This is why we need to get promoted this season.
Easy games like the Farmers every week!

Come on the Super U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:31 - Aug 9 with 1241 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 20:43 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

This is why we need to get promoted this season.
Easy games like the Farmers every week!

Come on the Super U's

7 mins to play plus injury.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 1224 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:31 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Our first win at Poorman Road since 1951

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 1223 viewswessex_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:31 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Ugly, gritty, but the U's gain a historic victory at Poorman Road - nothing more than we deserved!

Come on Col U!!

Up the U's

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 1201 viewsdurham_exile

Stockport won at Harrogate setting up a tasty league match at Edgeley Park on Saturday.

Carabao Cup draw tomorrow night.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:16 - Aug 9 with 1174 viewsWitham

The win was spoilt by the hooligans who ripped up seats and threw them, hitting our own fans. Not to mention the three flares.
I was with my Ipswich friend in their stand and there a lot of unhappy Ipswich fans - I just kept quiet.

And for those who moan a out time to exit Colchester car park I am still waiting to exit the Ipswich one
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:19 - Aug 9 with 1172 viewsthrillseeker

A good night

So happy to beat the inbreds
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:20 - Aug 9 with 1172 viewsMrHappy2

Great great win

Since 1951

Wow

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:24 - Aug 9 with 1168 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:16 - Aug 9 by Witham

The win was spoilt by the hooligans who ripped up seats and threw them, hitting our own fans. Not to mention the three flares.
I was with my Ipswich friend in their stand and there a lot of unhappy Ipswich fans - I just kept quiet.

And for those who moan a out time to exit Colchester car park I am still waiting to exit the Ipswich one

Witham hope you get out safely.

Typical Tractor Boys, sore losers.

Still when you haven't lost at Home to Colchester since 1951, there will not be too many of the seat munchers that remembered the last home defeat.

Great win tonight.

Should put a few extra on the coaches travelling to Stockport.

More importantly let's get some larger home crowds.

Really cannot wait until Saturday. Fantastic stuff.
Great finish from Hannant

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 1160 viewsdurham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:24 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Witham hope you get out safely.

Typical Tractor Boys, sore losers.

Still when you haven't lost at Home to Colchester since 1951, there will not be too many of the seat munchers that remembered the last home defeat.

Great win tonight.

Should put a few extra on the coaches travelling to Stockport.

More importantly let's get some larger home crowds.

Really cannot wait until Saturday. Fantastic stuff.
Great finish from Hannant

Up the U's

The more I see the strike the better it looks.
That is what Luke Hannant was supposed to bring to the club.

Great to see Luke Chambers and WB ecstatic at the end of the game.

I am absolutely over the moon (which was full) tonight.
Three points Saturday now.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:37 - Aug 9 with 1153 viewsnoah4x4

Am like a dog with two dicks. Most satisfying result since Demolition Day (1-7 Norwich). Ipshites fans crying “only the league matters”. ROFL!
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 23:24 - Aug 9 with 1127 viewsGOSBTS

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 22:16 - Aug 9 by Witham

100% agree Witham - small minority of idiots spoiling the evening for the masses, causing women and children to have to move seats out of fear they’d get hit. Plus the commotion meant I only saw the back of the net bulge for our goal, rather than all of Hannant’s lovely strike. People smoking in the toilets too which I haven’t seen for 10-15 years or so at football.

Aside from that it was an absolutely brilliant night. My first U’s game since before Covid and I’ve never experienced it that good before! Scenes at the end were marvellous.

Up the U’s!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 23:25]
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 00:07 - Aug 10 with 1108 viewsdurham_exile

Att 11,654

Col U 1,447

Absolutely brilliant.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 08:11 - Aug 10 with 1057 viewsMrHappy2

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 00:07 - Aug 10 by durham_exile

Att 11,654

Col U 1,447

Absolutely brilliant.

Up the U's

Great night

Great turnout

We’re both fans throwing seats - who started it ?

🥴

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024