Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight 14:01 - Aug 9 with 2141 viewsdurham_exile

Brown Dunne and Huzzey (BDH) take their charges along the A12 this evening to do battle against the old enemy. The Farmers of Ipswich Town at Poorman Road will provide stiff opposition with both teams eager to continue in the Carabao Cup.

This despite the fact that the Suffolk supporters chant “You mean f**k all to us”. The reality is that neither team will want to lose.

I think that we are due a win against the League One side and WB will be looking to ring changes whilst seeking to provide a challenging team to overcome the Farmers.

Ipswich have 4 points from their two games in the league. Although they have yet to play any of the fancied teams. Kieran McKenna will make changes and it is likely that he will start former U’s favourite Kane Vincent-Young whilst Kayden Jackson (who I actually like) will start as Centre Forward.

WB will also make changes with one eye on the Edgeley Park match on Saturday. But I do not anticipate wide spread changes. Kieran O’Hara will get his first start between the sticks and Tom Dallison will get his first start this season. Big Frank to also start in a strong looking line up.

Ryan Clampin needs wrapping in cotton wool which makes it all the more disappointing that we let Myles Kenlock slip through our fingers.

Team 4,3,2,1

O’Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Coxe

Judge Skuse Chilvers

Hannant Nouble

Sears

Subs
Collins, Eastman, Ashley, Marshall Miranda, Akinde, Newby, Kazeem

Frankly tonight will be tough and I reckon a surprise is on the cards with a 2-1 win for the Super U’s. Chilvers and Big Frank to score the goals.

Now it seems unlikely that we will be making further additions to the squad anytime soon, but we really do need a striker and midfielder. Don’t forget, you know who, is still promised a contract at Colchester and we need to get him signed up.

More importantly we really must retain Noah Chilvers. He is outstanding and now beginning to show his goal scoring abilities. Notwithstanding the transfer window has about 22 days to run, if we are serious about promotion then Chilvers must be number one on the team sheet. We may yet lose him next summer, but please not now.

The weather in Ipswich tonight will still be hovering around 22 degrees with strong sunshine. Currently it is about 27 degrees.

A decent team is expected at Poorman Road and a good contingent of U’s fans amongst them.

The match is not on iFollow unfortunately.

Safe journey up the A12.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 647 viewsGOSBTS

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 08:11 - Aug 10 by MrHappy2

Great night

Great turnout

We’re both fans throwing seats - who started it ?

🥴

Just Colchester fans. Some at the back threw them down to the front, resulting in Col U fans getting hit. Would have taken an Olympic discus thrower to get them anywhere close to the Ipswich end, so absolutely moronic behaviour which only served to spoil the enjoyment of other Col U fans.

Stewards seemingly dealt with it well - ensured Col U fans who wanted to move found somewhere else that was safe to sit, then used half-time and beginning of the second half to identify the culprits and remove them. Saw one very sheepish fella being apprehend because of it in the concourse at half-time.
Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 523 viewsMrHappy2

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 12:16 - Aug 10 by GOSBTS

Just Colchester fans. Some at the back threw them down to the front, resulting in Col U fans getting hit. Would have taken an Olympic discus thrower to get them anywhere close to the Ipswich end, so absolutely moronic behaviour which only served to spoil the enjoyment of other Col U fans.

Stewards seemingly dealt with it well - ensured Col U fans who wanted to move found somewhere else that was safe to sit, then used half-time and beginning of the second half to identify the culprits and remove them. Saw one very sheepish fella being apprehend because of it in the concourse at half-time.

Thanks for that buddy - berks !!

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Farmer's will be crying over spoiled Milk at Poorman Road tonight on 01:22 - Aug 11 with 402 viewsghughes11

Back to the match, and what a result!

Watched the full match replay after work last night (without knowing the score of course) and was and still am buzzing at 11am this morning!!!

Before work started (just before K/O), I checked in to see what team BDH decided to go with, expecting a few changes but nothing significant (maybe Dallison for Eastman Nouble for Newby), so to my surprise I was shocked to see that starting line-up!

Kazeem in for Clampin was a big one! Not with Clampin being rested after his injury at the weekend, but a full debut for Kazeem against a team in a higher division! Brave!

Marshall Miranda & Ashley coming in for Judge and Newby, I could understand a bit more with both of them more defensive minded than the others.

As the match started, I was worried! We were sitting back as if we were playing Palace, Spurs & Man U in the Carabao Cup, but this was ONLY Ipswich! They are not Premier League or even Championship anymore - C'mon boys believe in yourselves a bit more and push up!

But with every failed attempt at our goal and heroics from Hornby (who mentioned clean-sheets the other day?), belief in the system and tactics deployed were not only coming from me on the other side of the World but from the 11 players on the pitch and the 1300-1400 Col U fans in attendance!

Kazeem looked lost in the first 10 minutes, trying to cover inside with Eastman, but after that he had their right winger in his pocket. Showing him on his obvious weak right side.

Marshall Miranda was everywhere, breaking up play, intelligent fouls, and some good passing in the midfield.

Nouble, who before the game I thought would be wasted up front on his own was imperious and gave Woolfenden a right good battle up top or out on the left.

As for the goal, wow! What a strike! Having watched some of the highlights from last season recently, Hannant managed to put himself into some really good positions to score and so I am delighted that he has finally managed to get one and what a place and time to do it! Is it too soon to put a statue up?!?

The goal gave The U's more confidence and even more to hold onto and even when the Bigger Boys (El Mizouni, Evans, Harness & Chaplin) came on, they were restricted to pot shots and speculative overheads that didn't trouble Hornby at all!

Smart substitutions (we don't say that very often these days) from BDH saw two full backs on either flank occupying their overlaps and then Akinde and Tovide caused a nuisance of themselves in the final few minutes to out this historic win for The U's!

Was it a League match - no. Are they really rivals - yes! Does this match really matter - hell yeah!

Bring on Brentford in Round 2 and Stockport on the weekend!

Let's not let a few idiots spoil this result for us. Make sure we are reminding every Ipswich fan that we won and that their 'B' team or 'Over 35s' are better than their current crop!

Up the U's!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024