Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-game drinks for Stockport County 13:20 - Aug 12 with 746 viewsrackingguy

Hi all! I’m a fan from the US, and my wife and I will be having a drink before the Stockport game at The Royal Oak, 124 Castle Street, Edgeley, Stockport at 2 PM if anyone wants to meet up with us. You can teach us all the cool songs like “Freddie is scoring a brace,” and “Tom stopped you again.”

Up the Us!
Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 13:29 - Aug 12 with 730 viewswessex_exile

Welcome chap, hope you and your wife have a great trip, and of course a cracking 3pts for the U's! Sadly, Stockport is another fixture for me that's falling foul of our ongoing train dispute (both Great Western and Cross Country are out on Saturday), so unfortunately it's only the iFollow commentary for me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 15:05 - Aug 12 with 700 viewsdurham_exile

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 13:29 - Aug 12 by wessex_exile

Welcome chap, hope you and your wife have a great trip, and of course a cracking 3pts for the U's! Sadly, Stockport is another fixture for me that's falling foul of our ongoing train dispute (both Great Western and Cross Country are out on Saturday), so unfortunately it's only the iFollow commentary for me.

Hope you enjoy the game.

I am looking forward to it very much.

10,000 crowd and the U's seated in the right hand corner
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 651 viewswessex_exile

As a heads-up, on the 24th minute there will be a minutes applause at the game tomorrow for Stockport County supporter Myles Fuller, who sadly passed away recently at the tender age of just 24. In light of recent events, I'm sure the rank and file U's faithful at Edgeley Park will do us proud and join in wholeheartedly.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 19:33 - Aug 12 with 640 viewsnoah4x4

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 18:42 - Aug 12 by wessex_exile

As a heads-up, on the 24th minute there will be a minutes applause at the game tomorrow for Stockport County supporter Myles Fuller, who sadly passed away recently at the tender age of just 24. In light of recent events, I'm sure the rank and file U's faithful at Edgeley Park will do us proud and join in wholeheartedly.

Hopefully, no repetition of the disgraceful behaviour at Poorman Road. If they are that bad when we win, God help Stockport if we lose.
Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 23:29 - Aug 12 with 608 viewsrackingguy

Hear hear. The only throwing I might do is up, if we play poorly.
Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 08:03 - Aug 13 with 571 viewsghughes11

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 23:29 - Aug 12 by rackingguy

Hear hear. The only throwing I might do is up, if we play poorly.

Hi rackingguy

Another Exile ay!

Think this board has more members that don't live in Colchester, than those that do!

How long have you supported The U's for?

Do you subsribe to iFollow to watch the games?

Ever been to New Zealand?

Do you own a gun?

Are you getting annoyed with these questions yet?

Enjoy the match and please let us know what your favourite Col U song that you learnt was!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 09:41 - Aug 13 with 555 viewsrackingguy

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 08:03 - Aug 13 by ghughes11

Hi rackingguy

Another Exile ay!

Think this board has more members that don't live in Colchester, than those that do!

How long have you supported The U's for?

Do you subsribe to iFollow to watch the games?

Ever been to New Zealand?

Do you own a gun?

Are you getting annoyed with these questions yet?

Enjoy the match and please let us know what your favourite Col U song that you learnt was!

Howdy! To answer your questions…

1. It all started one Hogmanay night in Edinburgh, Scotland, New Year’s Eve 1997 turning into 1998 to be specific. I needed a team to follow and had one after that evening. You can fill in the other details. I really started following them more closely in the mid-2000s, a couple of years before promotion. I remember listening to the Chelsea FA Cup game on 5 Live on the BBC World Service on my XM satellite radio.
2. No, though I’ve listened to a few games on it.
3. No, but we’re going next year for the Women’s World Cup. A 5th star would look good on our kits… 😁
4. No. The last time I fired a weapon was in the army before deploying to Bosnia a second time. We’re some of the rare Texans who see no need to have one.
5. ARE YOU EVER GOING TO STOP?!?!? 🤣
Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 14:24 - Aug 13 with 513 viewsrackingguy

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 09:41 - Aug 13 by rackingguy

Howdy! To answer your questions…

1. It all started one Hogmanay night in Edinburgh, Scotland, New Year’s Eve 1997 turning into 1998 to be specific. I needed a team to follow and had one after that evening. You can fill in the other details. I really started following them more closely in the mid-2000s, a couple of years before promotion. I remember listening to the Chelsea FA Cup game on 5 Live on the BBC World Service on my XM satellite radio.
2. No, though I’ve listened to a few games on it.
3. No, but we’re going next year for the Women’s World Cup. A 5th star would look good on our kits… 😁
4. No. The last time I fired a weapon was in the army before deploying to Bosnia a second time. We’re some of the rare Texans who see no need to have one.
5. ARE YOU EVER GOING TO STOP?!?!? 🤣

They refused to serve us at The Royal Oak and told us to go to The Armoury.
Login to get fewer ads

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 18:17 - Aug 13 with 459 viewsrackingguy

Pre-game drinks for Stockport County on 14:24 - Aug 13 by rackingguy

They refused to serve us at The Royal Oak and told us to go to The Armoury.

Interestingly, we met some very friendly Stockport fans who took us to a bar near the train station. Everything was great until they left and we were finishing our drinks. The bouncer came in and asked us when we were leaving and said since we had Col U kit, we’d be better off leaving. So, we left…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024