Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park 10:14 - Aug 13 with 1342 viewsdurham_exile

This week has been a momentous week in the history of Colchester United. A rather tame 1-1 draw against the Cumbrians was followed by a magnificent victory against the Farmers at Poorman Road, the first time since 1951.

Sadly, the match has been overshadowed by a small minority of supporters who disgraced the club and it is hoped that they decide that their future is not with Colchester United.

The match of course prompted our place in Round Two and the chance to create further Carabao Cup history with another victory over another Premier League team in Brentford. A great week to be a Colchester supporter.

Today BDH take their charges to Edgeley Park. Our first visit since 13 February 2010 when Aidy Boothroyd secured a 2-2 draw in front of 3,642. Better still the year before Lambo led us to a 2-1 victory in front of 6,025. I was present at both games and in fairness we have a fairly decent record against Stockport County.

Today will be another tough affair, this time in front of more than 10,000. However, the U’s will be in buoyant mood after the victory over our Suffolk fiends and I am predicting a 3-1 Colchester win. Those who enjoy plane spotting will enjoy the view from Edgeley Park for final approach or take off from Manchester Airport.

Dave Challinor spent big and well to achieve promotion last season for the Hatters. Signings particularly in the striker department helped fire them to the top of the non-league pyramid. Scott Quigley, Kyle Wootton, Connor Jennings and even Paddy Madden have given them plenty of firepower to fall back on.

WB by contrast does not have an embarrassment of striking riches, but he does have a decent squad who are playing as a team rather than individuals.

Charlie Owens has just been signed on a temporary loan from QPR until January 2023. A defensive midfielder he seems a natural replacement for Brendan Wiredu.

I am not going to bang on about strikers, the case has been made for an extra front player and I have already named him.

Freddie Sears is currently injured and we also have longer term injuries so why not stick with the team that played at Ipswich to start today: 4,4,1,1

Hornby

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Skuse Marshall-Miranda Ashley

Chilvers

Nouble

Subs
Collins Clampin Dallison Newby Akinde Coxe Owens

Stockport weather is set to be 30 degrees Celsius and sunny.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Having spent time at Riverside Chester Le Street Durham over the Past two weeks for some splendid cricket in ideal conditions I should warn fellow supporters to bring sunscreen and a hat today at a very sunny Edgeley Park.

Enjoy the game. Get behind the team and let’s not repeat the unsavoury scenes from Poorman Road.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 13:28 - Aug 13 with 1284 viewsWitham

Weather in Stockport is warm and sunny. Good drive up avoiding the M6 and chilling out in hotel 10 minutes walk from the ground. Looking forward to 3 points
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 15:25 - Aug 13 with 1256 viewswessex_exile

Sounds a very even encounter right now - Stockport dominating possession, but not really doing anything with it so far.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 15:53 - Aug 13 with 1248 viewswessex_exile

Commentary has dropped off, but definitely 0-0 at half time. I like to think if we can keep it tight second half, we might just sneak a cheeky 1-0, but we'll have to create a few chances to do so.

Up the U's

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 15:55 - Aug 13 with 1244 viewsgerry_us

Just come in but don't seem to have received any goal alerts.
Nouble scores for Livingston again In Scot Prem. Pity ours can't!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 15:58]
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 16:01 - Aug 13 with 1234 viewsoxfcolu

We seemed to have taken the old fashioned approach of starting from the back. The only problem is we haven't progressed with the attack yet this season.
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 16:33 - Aug 13 with 1212 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 16:01 - Aug 13 by oxfcolu

We seemed to have taken the old fashioned approach of starting from the back. The only problem is we haven't progressed with the attack yet this season.

And now losing 1-0

Our tactics are so negative
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 1195 viewsgerry_us

A monumental disaster. Not a shot on target in 90 minutes.
Long frustrating season lay ahead.
Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 17:11 - Aug 13 with 1184 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 17:00 - Aug 13 by gerry_us

A monumental disaster. Not a shot on target in 90 minutes.
Long frustrating season lay ahead.

No shots on target and only 2 shots all game. Stockport managed 21 shots.

Unless we can discover some attacking intent it does appear a long frustrating season is on the cards.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 1169 viewswessex_exile

I can kind of understand why Wayne Brown set out his stall very defensively, given Stockport are widely tipped to be up there at the end, but you have to have at least some attacking intent. Any team that relies on parking the bus for 90 minutes will more often than not fail, and repeatedly. If Brown doesn't learn this lesson soon, we'll be struggling again and looking for a new manager before Christmas.

Up the U's

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 22:23 - Aug 13 with 1010 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to top the Hatters today at Edgeley park on 17:27 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

I can kind of understand why Wayne Brown set out his stall very defensively, given Stockport are widely tipped to be up there at the end, but you have to have at least some attacking intent. Any team that relies on parking the bus for 90 minutes will more often than not fail, and repeatedly. If Brown doesn't learn this lesson soon, we'll be struggling again and looking for a new manager before Christmas.

Wessex Stockport are hugely overated.

Having said that our performance second half was shocking.

Will pen my thoughts tomorrow after the Cricket.

Still fuming though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024