Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley gone apparently 18:50 - Feb 19 with 38818 viewssdm1508

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-sack-critchley-after-disastrous-two-mont
Critchley gone apparently on 19:17 - Feb 19 with 3987 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Onto manager number 4 in less than a calendar year. Is this a record for us?
Omnishambles is the only way to describe it.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:18 - Feb 19 with 3968 viewscolinallcars

Critchley gone apparently on 19:14 - Feb 19 by R_from_afar

If I were Les, I would be gathering the squad together tomorrow and saying to them: “If QPR has three different managers in a season and results fail to improve, the problem is not the manager”.

I would then silently walk out leaving them to reflect on that.

No, he can't do that - he'd upset them…..
Critchley gone apparently on 19:20 - Feb 19 with 3939 viewsHayesender

If the sick notes who've been crying off for weeks now miraculously recover, they're bigger cnts than I think of them as it is.

Best of luck for the future to who seems a decent bloke

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Critchley gone apparently on 19:23 - Feb 19 with 3844 viewsMungoJezza

Critchley gone apparently on 19:07 - Feb 19 by Sakura

I wonder if Warburton would be open to taking it to the end of the season if we were to sack Less

Then Warburton becoming Director of Football and we get a manager in

My thoughts exactly! He knows most of the players well and has proved he can get the best out of them.
Come the summer, Warbs moves upstairs and a new manager takes the helm.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:23 - Feb 19 with 3842 viewsmart_Goblin

Critchley gone apparently on 19:20 - Feb 19 by Hayesender

If the sick notes who've been crying off for weeks now miraculously recover, they're bigger cnts than I think of them as it is.

Best of luck for the future to who seems a decent bloke

Couldn’t agree more.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 3783 viewsJigsore

forget 16th place, we're sinking into the heavenly embrace of our even more familiar position - the league's basketcase

that is not to say you aren't entitled to sack a manager after 1 win in 12

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Critchley gone apparently on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 3758 viewsCateLeBonR

Critchley gone apparently on 19:07 - Feb 19 by Sakura

I wonder if Warburton would be open to taking it to the end of the season if we were to sack Less

Then Warburton becoming Director of Football and we get a manager in

Maybe a Warburton Consortium?
Critchley gone apparently on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 3722 viewscharmr

Treated somewhat harshly in my opinion, and relax that’s all it is. Did the players get him sacked? Players do get managers sacked you know. Players got Warnock sacked.

Really wanted him to do well. Came across as a decent bloke and also think he will do well in the future.

So Ainsworth and agricultural football it is. Better get the academy coaches on board.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley gone apparently on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 3699 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feel really bad for Critchley. Am sure he worked hard and that he's a very good coach. Suspect as Clive suggested, the decision was made after Tuesday, but Boro was always going to be a hammering, so they let him take that bullet, just as they let Hall take the Burnley bullet.

I am really disappointed in the players since he's been here, but equally, it's his job to motivate them, it's his job to at least make us hard to beat. For all the criticisms, you can't tell me thast Dieng, Dunne, Dickie, Field and Paal are not committed, and that's the basis of our defence. When he came in he said we need to get better at both ends - we got worse at both. As I said in my post the other day, he was dealt an awful hand, but he also showed no signs of improving things.

Horrible situation.

Bare bones.

Critchley gone apparently on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 3693 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Critchley gone apparently on 19:30 - Feb 19 with 3585 viewscolinallcars

I've just got home from the pub to discover some bugger has slipped a season ticket into my pocket.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:31 - Feb 19 with 3550 viewsCamberleyR

Critchley gone apparently on 19:17 - Feb 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Onto manager number 4 in less than a calendar year. Is this a record for us?
Omnishambles is the only way to describe it.

2009/10 it happened as well.
Sousa
Magilton
Hart
Warnock

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:31 - Feb 19 with 3541 viewsSonofpugwash

8.3% win average - the worst in QPR history?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:32 - Feb 19 with 3503 viewsDejR_vu

Is Teflon still here?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:33 - Feb 19 with 3471 viewsWhip_It

100% deserved - he may be the 15th best coach in the world but his job was to select, motivate and organise players. Definitely a tricky transition from Snake Beale's short tenure, but he had good enough players - even with injuries - to at least have a middling start to his QPR career. I really struggled to see what he was trying to do, and the players clearly weren't buying it.

Good luck to him, but he's the one responsible for results, and it would have been madness to expect things to change. Now let's see what Joey Barton can do
Critchley gone apparently on 19:33 - Feb 19 with 3463 viewscharmr

It’s football not just Rangers.

18 changes of head coach or manager in 2022/23 in the championship so far.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:34 - Feb 19 with 3419 viewsstevec

Good luck to Critchley, glad for him that he’s got out of this shithole.

I’d put Les and his cronies in charge of the first team, it’s the only way we’ll ever get rid of the fckers.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:35 - Feb 19 with 3398 viewsCamberleyR

Critchley gone apparently on 19:31 - Feb 19 by Sonofpugwash

8.3% win average - the worst in QPR history?

Yep, he's blown Ray Harford's 12.2% out of the water.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:37 - Feb 19 with 3300 viewsSonofpugwash

Iain Brunskill and Mike Garrity have also left with immediate effect.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:38 - Feb 19 with 3235 viewsRs_Holy

will people please stop talking about Wilder FFS! We have 2 hopes of getting him. I hope the board has got someone decent in mind... but I have a horrible feeling we are going to be very, very disappointed with the next appointment???
Critchley gone apparently on 19:41 - Feb 19 with 3147 viewsandrew1302

I think people are misguided if they think the problems lie with Critchley. To me what has happened is a standard political move, find someone else to blame to protect myself. Les has mismanaged player acquisition for ever but to protect his own position by the simple process of deflection he sacks Critchley. With 9 players out what could Critchley or anyone do? Signing players who manage 45 minutes a season is simply not great business .
Lots of chat about Ainsworth but why would he come? If i was him i would look at the mess which is QPR and pass. And Warburton , after the way he was treated i imagine will say something more direct. Plus we have no money so doubt we can give compensation.
Not sure this sacking actually moves us forwards.Potentially just makes things even messier.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:42 - Feb 19 with 3129 viewsOldPedro

I wonder if the next manager will be a short term appointment of someone experienced along the lines of Huddersfield with Warnock?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Critchley gone apparently on 19:42 - Feb 19 with 3119 viewsFredManRave

Critchley gone apparently on 19:37 - Feb 19 by Sonofpugwash

Iain Brunskill and Mike Garrity have also left with immediate effect.

I'm sure we'll never find out but it would be interesting to know what the pay off was. It can't surely have been the full 3 years and 4 months, could it?!

Also, begs the question of who can we afford to get in?

Wilder the current favourite but despite Boro, his stock and therefore wage (and player) demands are probably high and we'd have to pay compensation to Wycombe for Ainsworth and his team.

Timmy might be the next cheap option unless Curbishley fancies coming back into management. It's been a couple of years now?!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 19:45]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Critchley gone apparently on 19:44 - Feb 19 with 3051 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley gone apparently on 19:12 - Feb 19 by paulparker

One of the most boring appointments ever by Rangers, the place needed a lift after Beale left and we got this fella, he didn’t look like he could motivate himself never mind the players
Last throwing of the dice for Les
Now go get Ainsworth

He won’t make you happy mate. See you in six months.
Critchley gone apparently on 19:45 - Feb 19 with 3038 viewsfrancisbowles

Critchley gone apparently on 18:58 - Feb 19 by Rangersw12

Wilder or Ainsworth for me

See Clive's interview with Middlesbrough fan. Wilder is another Beale. We are not big enough for him. He would be constantly looking for a better job.

Ainsworth would have to mad to swap his promotion push for our sh**show.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024