Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tatics 08:23 - Mar 12 with 17398 viewsRuislipHoop

How pleasing to see GA ditch the passing backwards and sideways and be more direct.Some May call it long ball but it suits our boys much more.If we are going to lose the ball better to do it in their half than ours.Great performance,LR was rocking.
Tatics on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 2125 viewsjeffranger

We’ve been far to soft in our play & get bullied so easy, Saturdays game proved different as harassed them off the ball & in their faces most of the time & was good to watch, 3 at the back worked a treat & both full backs was excellent, also some good football played especially in first half, it’s all about staying up from now on
Tatics on 10:42 - Mar 13 with 2121 viewsjeffranger

Tatics on 10:54 - Mar 13 with 2050 viewsozexile

Bizarre opinions on this thread here's where I am after 45 years supporting this mad house:
I'm fed up with us losing football matches, surrendering in cups, being bullied on the field, having mates offer commiserations when I say who I support.
I'm fed up with losing London Derbies, staying up till 4am seeing us lose pathetically again.
I'm fed up with backwards passing, sideways passing. Zero effort from players who wear our cherished shirt.
I'm 50 now and hopefully my marbles stay intact for another 30 years.
So in that 30 years if we kick teams in the air, play long ball, cross to 2 X big men I really don't give a rat's.....just give me something to smile about Gareth.
Tatics on 10:56 - Mar 13 with 2044 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tatics on 08:51 - Mar 13 by Sakura

This is such a bizarre reaction. Insulting to who? Not to NorthernR?! Pointing out that he has a prominent role in the fan base compared to the average fan. Explain how that is 1) not true? 2) an insult to him?

Seeing as it obviously not an insult to him then you must mean it is an insult to other fans who may have read my post saying he has an outsized influence. Well to put you at ease Antti after you have got so upset.

If anyone is offended that I view him as having a more prominent role my advice to them would be to launch their own website and write match previews, match reports and the odd interview with key club figures and get as many clicks as this site does. Because if you don't do that sorry to say Antti that I will hold the view point that you have a less prominent role

Human society has evolved in a way that makes it an instinct for people to follow the herd. The "bandwagon effect". Thousands of years ago if you were ostracised from a group it greatly decreased your chance of literally surviving. So humans have a strong instinct to support the 'current thing'. It's because of this the writer of our most used fan site Can influence that natural herd mentality instinct

Think the Asch line study, people wearing paper masks on their face during Covid because the news told them too or people getting angry about Andrew Tate and the need to shut down his opinions.

It's the same energy (hope NorthernR sees the funny side that I just compared him to Andrew Tate)

But really it is just a fact that humans are influenced in their opinions by the articles they read. So you are miles off on that point as well

As for the snobbery, I am talking about the comments around it being the 'right way' to play. I see that as snobbish. Joe90's post above is bang on

I also completely agree with your sentiment, "We can compete like we did on Saturday AND actually play some nice football too" and to suggest I feel otherwise is a misunderstanding of the other side of the argument

As I said in my previous post, play pretty football but when the ball is in the right areas

Just sending this to Pseud's Corner.
What a load of twaddle.

Bare bones.

Tatics on 11:03 - Mar 13 with 2006 viewsMrSheen

Tatics on 10:35 - Mar 13 by francisbowles

Excellent post Mr Sheen.

Like you, I was away for this one but I have the bug big time, hate missing a match, so had to arrange Saturday around the match, and buy and watch the stream.

Pleased that I did and hope that we both get a positive experience when we return to the Bush on Saturday.

Oh! You forgot Boswa*nka

Never had the pleasure of seeing the great man in the flesh, unfortunately. I'm sure my tolerance would have crumbled if I had seen SWP at City or Ch*ls** too.
Tatics on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 1999 viewsted_hendrix

Huge win Saturday in fact It was ridiculously massive and as I see It If we 'stank the place out' with our tactics then f ucking good and another thing If we 'stink the place out' tomorrow night at Blackpool and win playing 'stinking the place out' football then f ucking good because another three points will virtually ensure Championship football next season which is vital for our clubs future.

When the new season starts In August of this Year the eleven QPR players that start for us will all be Ainsworths players and we go again, tactics will be different then I would Imagine and we'll go through the whole goddam bullshit thing again.

Anyway.

On another matter If you support a football club be It with a ST or not you are taking a risk, a financial risk and a happiness or misery risk, there Is no escape from It even when you say to yourself I'm never going again.
Every Saturday afternoon or Tuesday/Wednesday evening there they are, your football club either bringing you happiness or misery from the depths of your laptop or pox ridden bloody phone, you can't escape from It you just can't they wont leave you alone.

Apart from that have a nice day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tatics on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 1983 viewsdaveB

I thought first half our style of play was very much Klopp early days at Liverpool, blood and thunder, pressing all over the pitch and using the ball well when we had it. No 25 passes and go nowhere get shots on goal and force mistakes. It was very good to watch.

Second half thought we we looked like what we are, a team who haven't won in months and just did everything they could to run the clock down and get over the line. We needed that win so badly any arguments about style of play feel a bit mad to me.
Tatics on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 1983 viewsnadera78

I think there's also a bit of a misconception about what 'The QPR Way' actually is (if it is anything at all). For all of my lifetime - and looking back at teams that my parents & grandparents watched - the best QPR teams played with wingers. Pace. Dribbling. Crossing. Tormenting full backs. The Morgans and Lazarus. Thomas. Fereday. Sinton. Sinclair, Impey. Cook. Ainsworth himself. And our own FBs complementing that. Gillard & Clement. Neil and Dawes. Bardsley and Wilson. Walker. Getting the crowd going, building an atmosphere. Even the 2010/11 team, although set up with 3 off the CF, still played players with pace and good crossing out wide.

If you asked me to design a QPR team, that's what I want. What I expect. And, once he's got his feet under the table, it's what I think Ainsworth will be aiming for.
Login to get fewer ads

Tatics on 11:16 - Mar 13 with 1965 viewsdannyblue

As so often in life it's not really either or, it's both and.

I want aggression, hard work, high energy, team spirit, playing with purpose, getting forward quickly, crosses.
AND I want triangles, pass and move, passing through the thirds, individual flair, and game control.

ALSO:

The idea behind emphasising the latter over the last few years, as I understand it, was so that:
1. We create players that are more sellable to the premier league.
2. We're more likely to get good loans from the premier league, or pick up their 19 year old drop outs, and for them to easily slot in to what we do.
3. If we got lucky and promoted we have more chance of staying up (debatable).
4. It's pleasing on the eye, when it works.
The fact that we've done it badly doesn't in itself mean it's a bad idea.
Tatics on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 1955 viewsNorthernr

Tatics on 11:11 - Mar 13 by daveB

I thought first half our style of play was very much Klopp early days at Liverpool, blood and thunder, pressing all over the pitch and using the ball well when we had it. No 25 passes and go nowhere get shots on goal and force mistakes. It was very good to watch.

Second half thought we we looked like what we are, a team who haven't won in months and just did everything they could to run the clock down and get over the line. We needed that win so badly any arguments about style of play feel a bit mad to me.

Made a big difference when Lyndon went off - exactly as it did when we were beating Swansea 1-0.
Tatics on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 1899 viewsTheChef

Tatics on 11:22 - Mar 13 by Northernr

Made a big difference when Lyndon went off - exactly as it did when we were beating Swansea 1-0.

And that was a Lyndon at not even 75% fit I reckon - will be even better when he is fully fit again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tatics on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 1899 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tatics on 11:22 - Mar 13 by Northernr

Yeah, Lyndon improved Martin massively, because this week, unlike v Blackburn, we had the pace and numbers to press their defence. That obviously dropped off a bit when Dykes went off, and the team tired, although Uncs and Sinclair both did decent jobs too.

Bare bones.

Tatics on 12:05 - Mar 13 with 1837 viewskensalriser

How many times even just this season have we been on the receiving end of what we just did to Watford? Feels good for the boot to be on the other foot for a change. It's an attritional division and unless you're capable of outplaying the opposition every game you'll get turned over by less capable teams if you can't match the attrition.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tatics on 12:12 - Mar 13 with 1808 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Tatics on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 1686 viewsSakura

Tatics on 10:56 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

Just sending this to Pseud's Corner.
What a load of twaddle.

You brought these topics up and made a pretty strong statement. So I explained myself in response to you throwing a tantrum. For you to respond as you have there is pretty pathetic
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 12:43]
Tatics on 12:45 - Mar 13 with 1697 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tatics on 12:40 - Mar 13 by Sakura

You brought these topics up and made a pretty strong statement. So I explained myself in response to you throwing a tantrum. For you to respond as you have there is pretty pathetic
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 12:43]

Hang on, let me just check with Clive what my response should be.

Bare bones.

Tatics on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 1589 viewsSakura

Tatics on 12:45 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

Hang on, let me just check with Clive what my response should be.

Are you honestly disputing that people aren't influenced by what they read. Explains how far apart we are on this

Your knickers may have got in a twist because you misinterpreted the extent to which I saw it these articles as a factor in this instance

I see it as a small factor (without explicitly defining what I mean by that) but seems your thinking is so binary that you can't pick up on nuance and you have got upset and taken the extreme view that it has no influence absolutely zero. But that just isn’t true

It literally is a fact that people are influenced by what they read so it really is an odd over reaction from you
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 13:04]
Tatics on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 1590 viewskensalriser

Shouldn't you be out withdrawing all your cash?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tatics on 13:27 - Mar 13 with 1515 viewsSuffolkHoop

Tatics on 11:43 - Mar 13 by TheChef

And that was a Lyndon at not even 75% fit I reckon - will be even better when he is fully fit again.

This. Ainsworth playing with what he has fit. What do we have? We've got Dykes and Martin, two physical forwards who don't mind elbowing a centre half out the way. Great - so for now let them do it and stay in the league through muck and nettles rather than being idealistic over it and trying to be Brazil 1970.

I'd rather QPR be competitive playing with what works than us finishing 22nd trying to pass the death out of the ball for no good reason.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 13:29]
Tatics on 13:56 - Mar 13 with 1414 viewsSakura

Tatics on 13:08 - Mar 13 by kensalriser

Shouldn't you be out withdrawing all your cash?

U.S. Regional Bank Stocks now:

1. Western Alliance, $WAL: -75%

2. First Republic, $FRC: -65%

3. Zions Bancorp, $ZION: -43%

4. PacWest, $PACW: -41%

5. Comerica, $CMA: -33%

6. Fifth Third, $FITB: -20%

I wonder if this will spread…
Tatics on 14:12 - Mar 13 with 1409 viewsR_from_afar

On the subject of the sort of players we need to develop, with a view to selling them on, of course they should ideally be technically proficient and comfortable on the ball and able to pass and move quickly, but they also need to be players who have been part of a reasonably successful QPR team.

A player of ours could be the most technically gifted in the world - I wish - but if the QPR teams he has played in keeps getting poor results, I would have thought coaches potentially interested in signing him would wonder if there are shortcomings when it comes to their mentality, so, not enough will to win, a lack of grit, determination and killer instinct, professionalism even. Perhaps, I don't know.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tatics on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 1241 viewsessextaxiboy

Tatics on 13:56 - Mar 13 by Sakura

U.S. Regional Bank Stocks now:

1. Western Alliance, $WAL: -75%

2. First Republic, $FRC: -65%

3. Zions Bancorp, $ZION: -43%

4. PacWest, $PACW: -41%

5. Comerica, $CMA: -33%

6. Fifth Third, $FITB: -20%

I wonder if this will spread…

Looks like a buy signal to me .

The Dow is down just 0.5%
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 16:09]
Tatics on 17:51 - Mar 13 with 1145 viewsaston_hoop

On the subject of creative players, Gaz did recently take a lump of prime academy youngster (via a few months playing non-league) in Anis Mehmeti and turn him into a million pound attacking midfielder who thrived in the Wycombe system. So I think he'll have a place for players like Chair and finally Richards when everyone is fully up to speed. Needs must this weekend and to be honest, I really enjoyed that first half at least.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Tatics on 18:16 - Mar 13 with 1113 viewstimcocking

He got it absolutely spot on.

Our defenders are (were?) clearly shot to pieces. Needed to get them back to simply defending and keep the ball down the other end. Exactly what we were crying out for.

Not saying it’s what I want every week, but confidence and momentum are what we need desperately. No way were we playing our way out of this.
Tatics on 20:08 - Mar 13 with 1015 viewsdistortR

Tatics on 18:16 - Mar 13 by timcocking

He got it absolutely spot on.

Our defenders are (were?) clearly shot to pieces. Needed to get them back to simply defending and keep the ball down the other end. Exactly what we were crying out for.

Not saying it’s what I want every week, but confidence and momentum are what we need desperately. No way were we playing our way out of this.

Good to see you back, Tim!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024