Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft 01:11 - Jun 21 with 18448 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I was holding out hope that all 5 people on board will be found and rescued despite the oxygen window closing.
That was until I met a cave diver by pure accident today on a construction site and he crushed my spirit .
If by some miracle the submersible craft makes it to the surface the crew cannot open the rescue hatch from inside .Its bolted shut and can only be opened from outside he mentioned .
Hope they make it because thinking of them inside knowing its over for 3 days is beyond cruel.
Sorry for the downer thread.Hope they are rescued by the time we wake up

Just got home from work watched the coast guard presser and know its over but at least they died instaniously if that helps the families .RIP
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 23:19]
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 02:56 - Jun 23 with 2661 viewsSydneyRs

Inevitable really and sad. I imagine this may lead to a few legal cases in terms of how poorly prepared it all was, although I assume some sort of waivers were signed.

An extreme example of fcuk around, find out.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 2:56]
Hope Prevails Still For Titanic Submersible Craft on 06:36 - Jun 23 with 2525 viewsDeanoMD

Hope Prevails Still For Titanic Submersible Craft on 08:54 - Jun 21 by Landshark

Exactly this.

I can't remember seeing any topics on this forum started about the countless immigrants that have died fleeing their own countries. But then you get a few billionaires paying a shit ton of money going missing on an activity they don't need to do and people get upset.

People with far too much money doing incredibly stupid things having huge amounts of money thrown at the attempt to rescue them.

Meanwhile us mere mortals of the world are just left to drown....
Hope Prevails Still For Titanic Submersible Craft on 08:48 - Jun 23 with 2418 viewsToast_R

Hope Prevails Still For Titanic Submersible Craft on 06:36 - Jun 23 by DeanoMD

People with far too much money doing incredibly stupid things having huge amounts of money thrown at the attempt to rescue them.

Meanwhile us mere mortals of the world are just left to drown....

Not sure how the US could get in involved in a sea rescue near Greece though?
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 09:11 - Jun 23 with 2383 viewsBluce_Ree

It's not a straight comparison.

The reason this was a bigger story wasn't because they were billionaires, but rather because of the situation where potentially you had five people in a tiny submersible slowly suffocating to death in the dark. That's what everyone imagined. Now sure, it didn't go that way, which is a mercy, but we didn't know that.

People were thinking about the guy having his son there, knowing they were both going to die. That's no joke.

As for the migrant boat, yeah it's shit but they didn't have the potential timescale, the boat sank and they all drowned. I don't know if there was time for a rescue effort or not but they didn't have the same potential 90 hour window.

Look, you could have a huge earthquake in Haiti today and also have the death of a pointless celebrity (such as a member of Westlife or John Terry) and they'll get similar coverage. Look at the Schofield thing. That was a huge story where as I'm sure there are people dying every day in Syria or something. But the news doesn't pick a running order based on what matters more, but rather what will keep their readers/viewers interested.

Dead billionaire sub will barely touch the news next week and at that point it'll be some bullshit about Meghan Markle or another noncey celeb or some shit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 09:25 - Jun 23 with 2351 viewsbosh67

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 09:11 - Jun 23 by Bluce_Ree

It's not a straight comparison.

The reason this was a bigger story wasn't because they were billionaires, but rather because of the situation where potentially you had five people in a tiny submersible slowly suffocating to death in the dark. That's what everyone imagined. Now sure, it didn't go that way, which is a mercy, but we didn't know that.

People were thinking about the guy having his son there, knowing they were both going to die. That's no joke.

As for the migrant boat, yeah it's shit but they didn't have the potential timescale, the boat sank and they all drowned. I don't know if there was time for a rescue effort or not but they didn't have the same potential 90 hour window.

Look, you could have a huge earthquake in Haiti today and also have the death of a pointless celebrity (such as a member of Westlife or John Terry) and they'll get similar coverage. Look at the Schofield thing. That was a huge story where as I'm sure there are people dying every day in Syria or something. But the news doesn't pick a running order based on what matters more, but rather what will keep their readers/viewers interested.

Dead billionaire sub will barely touch the news next week and at that point it'll be some bullshit about Meghan Markle or another noncey celeb or some shit.

Sadly I think your analysis is spot on.

It's a dreadful way to go but it would have been instant, which is a small mercy. Billionaires playing with toys can come unstuck on a grand scale. We'll probably hear something a few weeks down the line about the mechanical failure that led to it, footings for some legal case and then as you say it will be something about Kim Kardashian's arse or such like.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 2240 viewsBluce_Ree

Exactly.

I mean imagine in a month we get a news day where a flood in India kills 500 people and on the same day Eze signs for Man City and we get like £15m from the sell-on clause.

What's the topic on here going to be?

Imagine a day the President of Peru is assassinated but also on that day Anne Robinson dies. What's leading on the BBC website?

Imagine 1000 migrants die on a boat but that day your cat gets run over. Which one is going to affect you more.

Imagine 1000 cats arriving on a boat and eating Anne Robinson but she's now the President of Peru and QPR have appointed Westlife as Director of Football but on the same day your foot falls off. Which one do you care about?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 10:44 - Jun 23 with 2232 viewsFDC

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Bluce_Ree

Exactly.

I mean imagine in a month we get a news day where a flood in India kills 500 people and on the same day Eze signs for Man City and we get like £15m from the sell-on clause.

Imagine a day the President of Peru is assassinated but also on that day Anne Robinson dies. What's leading on the BBC website?

Imagine 1000 migrants die on a boat but that day your cat gets run over. Which one is going to affect you more.

Imagine 1000 cats arriving on a boat and eating Anne Robinson but she's now the President of Peru and QPR have appointed Westlife as Director of Football but on the same day your foot falls off. Which one do you care about?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 10:56 - Jun 23 with 2184 viewstoboboly

Exactly.

Tell me more about these boat cats of which you speak...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 11:07 - Jun 23 with 2157 viewsToast_R

Exactly.

The cat that refused to eat Anne Robinson was obviously the weakest Lynx...
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 11:49 - Jun 23 with 2094 viewsMick_S

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 11:07 - Jun 23 by Toast_R

No one beats that today. Cat-tastic mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:03 - Jun 23 with 1986 viewsSimonJames

RIP. Tragic.

But I have to say, If I was a billionaire wanting to explore the murky depths of the World's oceans, then I would be building an amazing robot-driven submarine, kitted out with all manner of cameras and lights. And I would sit watching all the potential drama unfold, on the big screen in the cinema room of my nice safe mansion!

P.S. I imagine OceanGate will now be sued into oblivion and someone will be charged with involuntary manslaughter or reckless endangerment.

100% of people who drink water will die.

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:05 - Jun 23 with 1981 viewsJuzzie

It looks like waivers were signed so probably watertight, unlike the sub.
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:24 - Jun 23 with 1931 viewsjohncharles

One tiny scrap of good news is that the end turned out to sudden and instant rather sitting in that tomb for a week waiting to suffocate to death.

Strong and stable my arse.

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:30 - Jun 23 with 1916 viewsSonofpugwash

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:24 - Jun 23 by johncharles

One tiny scrap of good news is that the end turned out to sudden and instant rather sitting in that tomb for a week waiting to suffocate to death.

Catastrophic Implosion of a submersible explained:

When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour - that’s 2,200 feet per second.

The time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond.

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (sense→reason→act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapors.

When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine.

The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Large blobs of fat (that would be humans) incinerate and are turned to ash and dust quicker than you can blink your eye.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:47 - Jun 23 with 1867 viewswestberksr

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 13:30 - Jun 23 by Sonofpugwash

Catastrophic Implosion of a submersible explained:

When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour - that’s 2,200 feet per second.

The time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond.

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (sense→reason→act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapors.

When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine.

The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Large blobs of fat (that would be humans) incinerate and are turned to ash and dust quicker than you can blink your eye.

that's quite a fascinating insight; far in excess of my 'would have been really quick'
RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 14:22 - Jun 23 with 1792 viewsBluce_Ree

But, James Cameron was interviewed and he alluded to the sub already being in trouble, so they may have had some indication. I hope not though.

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 16:45 - Jun 23 with 1649 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 1611 viewskensalriser

Exactly.

You're definitely right. But that last one is a toughie. Which foot?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 17:05 - Jun 23 with 1608 viewsEastR

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 16:45 - Jun 23 by hubble

great, but does it have a toilet?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 20:01 - Jun 23 with 1478 viewsSonofpugwash

I would challenge the "unawareness" of one's demise.Latest hypotheses mirror what the Shaman knew about thousands of years ago.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/consciousness-doesnt-reside-in-the-brain-new-theo

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 20:11 - Jun 23 with 1458 viewsqpr_1968

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 11:07 - Jun 23 by Toast_R

she'll eat her...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 23:58 - Jun 23 with 1314 viewshubble

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 17:05 - Jun 23 by EastR

great, but does it have a toilet?

It's got an outside toilet. Eco friendly.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 02:28 - Jun 24 with 1246 viewsjohncharles

Are they return tickets ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:28 - Jun 24 with 1246 viewsjohncharles

RIP 5 Souls On Titanic Submersible Craft on 04:39 - Jun 24 with 1200 viewsFredManRave

I'll pay on return...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024