Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth gone 20:02 - Oct 28 with 27669 viewsMatch82

Official on club site
Ainsworth gone on 10:08 - Oct 29 with 3104 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth gone on 00:53 - Oct 29 by CLAREMAN1995

GA faces a huge problem tonight IMO.
Where will he go next after this implosion whether it was his inability to get it right or the players refusing to bleed blue and white .
No Championship team would touch him and there is no path back to WW so its lower leagues or bust I fear.
I know he is more financially secure after signing on to QPR but its short term and the future does not look great right now.
His final interview was sad he kept saying these players will keep us up under his leadership just before the ax fell.
Best of Luck to you

No club is going to give him the time he obviously needs to build his squad and culture. WW was unique, he was given years. Interestingly, the poster last week said, despite everything he did for the club, he’s liking the new manager and wouldn’t want him back.

This was always going to happen here. He’s going to struggle elsewhere. We shouldn’t have tempted him away from WW.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth gone on 10:10 - Oct 29 with 3089 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s so frustrating because he shows glimpses (about once every ten games) of being a ‘baller’ as the kids on Twitter say then just nothing for weeks. Even the initial foul before the red I thought was a sign of him improving as he realised how desperate the situation was. I want my midfielders to be cynical horrible wnkers rather than nice 25-year-old lovely young boys. Admittedly playing next to Colback only can’t be easy as that bloke is about five years past looking competent against Harry Winks.
Ainsworth gone on 10:53 - Oct 29 with 2905 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth gone on 10:10 - Oct 29 by Watford_Ranger

He’s so frustrating because he shows glimpses (about once every ten games) of being a ‘baller’ as the kids on Twitter say then just nothing for weeks. Even the initial foul before the red I thought was a sign of him improving as he realised how desperate the situation was. I want my midfielders to be cynical horrible wnkers rather than nice 25-year-old lovely young boys. Admittedly playing next to Colback only can’t be easy as that bloke is about five years past looking competent against Harry Winks.

It's certainly an obvious gain a new manager could look to get out of the team. He should be scoring 5-6 goals a season like the one yesterday with his technical ability, arriving late onto crosses and loose balls. On Tuesday at West Brom he, your main ball playing midfielder, attempted 8 passes in the whole game and gave two of those away. Bartley and Kipre attempted 160+ between them with 90% success rates. He could, kindly put, contribute a bit more.
Ainsworth gone on 11:18 - Oct 29 with 2770 viewsdavman

Ainsworth gone on 21:39 - Oct 28 by Antti_Heinola

Players like playing for him. Period.

I'm not going to speak too much about the players, I'm well outspoken on it, and your Mayfair comment differs from how I feel. But as I've said countless times on here, this season what I see is players at a total loss of what they're supposed to be doing, the 'plan' such as it is, is easily picked apart by every team we play, and doesn't suit the players we have. The simple fact that we went into the season with a game in which the whole world could see would end in disaster (there had been quite the clue the week before), which it then did, and only then did he think 'hmm, maybe I'll change it now' speaks volumes. How did he not see it before everyone else? I'm not saying the players are blameless, but players need direction and clarity. At this level, 'emptying the tank' isn't enough anymore. Under Warbs, I never once felt the players abandoned him, although he lost his way towards the end. Under Beale, while there was a tough last couple of weeks (hugely overstated, as if teams never have sticky patches), the players knew the plan and played expansive, exciting football the majority of the time. Critchley was an uninspiring idiot who thought calling people losers and taking zero responsibility himself would help his cause. Players like Warnock. Not all, no manager is universally popular. But they like him and he gives clarity and brings joy to the game. Ideally, I'd rather it not be him, I'd rather have the progressive coach we're crying out for, but if the other choice is Rowett, which is a terrible fit, I'd take Neil any day.

We're all missing the point here though.

Whoever comes in will not change the fact that the squad is abysmal. Get the first 11 out, maybe, but one or two injuries and that is it. No goals in the strike force; very few in midfield, a discipline problem throughout the squad and injuries galore from our veterans (who'd have thought it?).

All for dropping a few to prove a point, but what is behind that first 11 scrares me rigid.

Maybe Chair and Willock behind Dykes and Smyth might work, but if any of them get injured...

Don't matter who we get in although they HAD to try something as Gareth was turning into a disaster...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ainsworth gone on 11:30 - Oct 29 with 2733 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth gone on 09:52 - Oct 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

One of Ainsworth’s successes is getting a decent performance or two out of Dozell, yesterday excepted.

Yes and he scored our equaliser and played well especially defensively until his brain fart sending off. Stupid but not weak.
Ainsworth gone on 11:41 - Oct 29 with 2636 viewsw7r

Ainsworth gone on 09:59 - Oct 29 by Hayesender

The standards at this club are a fcking disgrace. When you have the youth coach eating buckets of KFC in the club canteen, what sort of message is that sending out to the youngsters?

I really hope it's Warnock, because he won't stand for any of that nonsense

Seriously? Jesus wept.
Ainsworth gone on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 2529 viewsParkRoyalR

Ainsworth gone on 10:53 - Oct 29 by Northernr

It's certainly an obvious gain a new manager could look to get out of the team. He should be scoring 5-6 goals a season like the one yesterday with his technical ability, arriving late onto crosses and loose balls. On Tuesday at West Brom he, your main ball playing midfielder, attempted 8 passes in the whole game and gave two of those away. Bartley and Kipre attempted 160+ between them with 90% success rates. He could, kindly put, contribute a bit more.

Read a little bit about marginal gains top coaches talk about and with Dozell I keep thinking back to that Roy Keane comment about to be a top player you need to like running,

Dozell has quite an odd gait and running style and seems flat-footed, but for me he's one of the key reasons we will continue to lose games by the odd goal and get over-run in midfield,

You have to want make those runs into the oppositions box (which he so very rarely does) and track back all the time not just when you've lost possession, the desires either in you to do it (like Sam Field) or its not.

With Dozell keep thinking he's come through Academies with great technique and a decent short passing game but thats it, and its not enough at Championship level.
Ainsworth gone on 12:20 - Oct 29 with 2508 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth gone on 12:17 - Oct 29 by ParkRoyalR

Read a little bit about marginal gains top coaches talk about and with Dozell I keep thinking back to that Roy Keane comment about to be a top player you need to like running,

Dozell has quite an odd gait and running style and seems flat-footed, but for me he's one of the key reasons we will continue to lose games by the odd goal and get over-run in midfield,

You have to want make those runs into the oppositions box (which he so very rarely does) and track back all the time not just when you've lost possession, the desires either in you to do it (like Sam Field) or its not.

With Dozell keep thinking he's come through Academies with great technique and a decent short passing game but thats it, and its not enough at Championship level.

As I said in the west brom report, getting the occasional goal out of our central midfielders isn't even a marginal gain, it's just a fcking gain. It's ridiculous how little they contribute.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth gone on 12:24 - Oct 29 with 2453 viewsAntti_Heinola

Indeed, look at the massive difference it briefly made when Amos was scoring goals and when Johansen got a few in his loan spell.
We talk a lot about strikers but there isn’t a single player except for Paal who is scoring enough goals from their position.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth gone on 12:41 - Oct 29 with 2342 views08olesen

Just watched Ainsworth's interview and it really brought home how much of a mess we are in.

I dont think he has been a good fit for us and some of his tactical decisions have been awful, but we are going into the next game with not a single CB fit, Dozell suspended, and only one championship standard striker.

This is the worst QPR squad I can remember and whoever takes over is going to have a huge job to do. Shocking to see how far we have fallen since Warbs.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ainsworth gone on 13:03 - Oct 29 with 2226 viewsJules4367

Ainsworth gone on 20:21 - Oct 28 by Jules4367

Sad and, despite what anyone says, he was not the MAIN problem.

I really wish him the best and he tried everything he could to make a silk purse out of the sow's ear of 'players' we have. He cares as much about Rangers as Holloway and we've let him go a couple of times!

I'll be truly amazed if, whomever takes over will do any better !!

Apparently, when considering Gareth's departure, hey have been in negotiations with Gandalf and, separately, Hogwarts but we shall probably get Dobbie!
Ainsworth gone on 13:09 - Oct 29 with 2172 viewsdutch

I assume Ainsworth will have finished with the worst ever record for a full QPR manager. Quite how much of that is down to his failings or the dreadful squad he had to work with, will be revealed in the coming weeks. No doubt this is a terrible bunch, perhaps the worst I've seen in 55 years, but we have seen some half decent players; Chair, Willock, Dunne, get steadily worse as the weeks went on. The football has been painful to watch, proof that the game moves on and what he tried to do was neanderthal. After the Watford debacle I said at the time that we stunk off relegation and that stench never left us. We can blame the players for refusing to buy into the GA gameplay, but on that day they looked bemused and befuddled and I'm not surprised. I still doubt that anyone can save us with this squad. But I am absolutely sure that G A could not.
Ainsworth gone on 14:13 - Oct 29 with 2023 viewsterryb

Ainsworth gone on 09:04 - Oct 29 by Bluce_Ree

While I'm inclined to agree, I think about the Watford home game and it felt like they would have run through brick walls for him that day.

So they're c*nts but selectively.

It's easy to forget now, but we didn't have to try hard that day.

Watford gave zero effort & didn't give a f*** about losing. I've never seen a side less interested in playing than Watford were in that game.
Ainsworth gone on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 1971 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth gone on 12:41 - Oct 29 by 08olesen

Just watched Ainsworth's interview and it really brought home how much of a mess we are in.

I dont think he has been a good fit for us and some of his tactical decisions have been awful, but we are going into the next game with not a single CB fit, Dozell suspended, and only one championship standard striker.

This is the worst QPR squad I can remember and whoever takes over is going to have a huge job to do. Shocking to see how far we have fallen since Warbs.

The three non CBs playing yesterday defended better than the actual CBs have for most of the season. If Warnock does come in I can see us playing the old 4-2-3-1 with the full backs instructed to not cross the half way line, Willock on the left, Chair roaming, Smyth on the right. I think we might even see Armstrong and Kolli used as subs behind Dykes rather than as Alternative 9s
Ainsworth gone on 15:14 - Oct 29 with 1891 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think any less of him.

Wish I could say the same about Bhatia and the board.

This - 100%.
Well said, Brian - wise and well selected words as usual.

Let's unpack that a little: Amit Bhatia, just because he had "an itch he wanted to scratch", has lured a club hero from possibly the most secure job in British football by playing on his heart-strings, given him no doubt a masssive sales pitch on "bright and shiny things" (the new training ground, choice of new staff etc.), probably concealed the full truth of our financial situation (remember Ainsworth's interview last season when he said "I thought I would have more money to spend in the Championship"), brought about the departure of the Director of Football, and now ditched another Manager because things aren't conforming to a plan which Bhatia never actually formulated in the first place.

We are no better than Charlton, Everton, Nottingham Forest and however many other clubs you want to throw into the mix who pick people up and then discard them without a single thought for giving them the tools they need to succeed.

I genuinely believed that this Board with its experience in running successful businesses elesewhere and with the wealth that they;ve generated (or at least that their fmilies have passed down to them) would give us a solid platform on which we could build domething that would be self-sustaining for our childrens' children's children to enjoy. The rudderless, clueless thinking of this last year have certainly lifted the veil on my naivety.
Ainsworth gone on 15:19 - Oct 29 with 1873 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth gone on 15:14 - Oct 29 by E15Hoop

This - 100%.

Let's unpack that a little: Amit Bhatia, just because he had "an itch he wanted to scratch", has lured a club hero from possibly the most secure job in British football by playing on his heart-strings, given him no doubt a masssive sales pitch on "bright and shiny things" (the new training ground, choice of new staff etc.), probably concealed the full truth of our financial situation (remember Ainsworth's interview last season when he said "I thought I would have more money to spend in the Championship"), brought about the departure of the Director of Football, and now ditched another Manager because things aren't conforming to a plan which Bhatia never actually formulated in the first place.

We are no better than Charlton, Everton, Nottingham Forest and however many other clubs you want to throw into the mix who pick people up and then discard them without a single thought for giving them the tools they need to succeed.

I genuinely believed that this Board with its experience in running successful businesses elesewhere and with the wealth that they;ve generated (or at least that their fmilies have passed down to them) would give us a solid platform on which we could build domething that would be self-sustaining for our childrens' children's children to enjoy. The rudderless, clueless thinking of this last year have certainly lifted the veil on my naivety.

The thing that always amazes me about successful businessmen is they completely lose all their acumen and brains when they get hold of a football club. If Tune Group were running hotels, or an airline, or a port, with a wages to turnover ratio of 160% Tony Fernandes and Ruben Gnanalingam would laugh for about 30 seconds, and then either close it down or fire 3,000 people. And yet in football they think nothing of it.
Ainsworth gone on 15:22 - Oct 29 with 1857 viewsbosh67

Ainsworth gone on 12:41 - Oct 29 by 08olesen

And that's the point. You could tell from what GA said that he really has been working with thin air. Half the players on the bench are hardly fit and most of them are injured or banned. Hardly a great selling point for the next boss, even Warnock.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth gone on 15:42 - Oct 29 with 1802 viewsdaveB

If it's Warnock first thing he does is put an arm around Willock and puts him back in the team. Put together a solid base and give flair players a bit of freedom, none of it will be rocket science but find it bizarre Ainsworth never tried it
Ainsworth gone on 15:47 - Oct 29 with 1771 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth gone on 15:19 - Oct 29 by Northernr

The thing that always amazes me about successful businessmen is they completely lose all their acumen and brains when they get hold of a football club. If Tune Group were running hotels, or an airline, or a port, with a wages to turnover ratio of 160% Tony Fernandes and Ruben Gnanalingam would laugh for about 30 seconds, and then either close it down or fire 3,000 people. And yet in football they think nothing of it.

So what do we as fans do? This is a club in a prime West London area, a loyal fan base that still fills the ground despite being useless (despite what Hoos says), a decent history, Premiership founding member, brand new state of art training and academy centre (which the club own).
I cannot believe for a second that (a very rich) somebody out there, with an interest in football isn't looking at us thinking they could turn this club around.
The clowns we have now are just driving nail after nail into the coffin our club is bring buried in. They don't get football, and they don't get our club.
Ainsworth gone on 16:52 - Oct 29 with 1633 viewsderbyhoop

I think it's fairly obvious that the decision to dump GA was taken a while ago.
It may be that they have somebody lined up. But I wouldn't put money on it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ainsworth gone on 17:17 - Oct 29 with 1554 viewsLblock

Ainsworth gone on 15:14 - Oct 29 by E15Hoop

This - 100%.

“The rudderless, clueless thinking of this last year have certainly lifted the veil on my naivety”

This last year?

A year?!?!

Have you been “away” for 11 years prior to that or having a decade partying harder than the average man ever could?

They’ve largely been a disaster for most of their tenure.
Chances clubs of our size and stature that might come along once in a generation have been pissed away not once but twice. I neither have the time or the energy to list out their calamitous decisions but the one thing I thought they’d do hasn’t come to pass which is formal insolvency….. was ch this space though.

Nothing will change till they’ve gone

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ainsworth gone on 18:33 - Oct 29 with 1384 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 17:17 - Oct 29 by Lblock

“The rudderless, clueless thinking of this last year have certainly lifted the veil on my naivety”

This last year?

A year?!?!

Have you been “away” for 11 years prior to that or having a decade partying harder than the average man ever could?

They’ve largely been a disaster for most of their tenure.
Chances clubs of our size and stature that might come along once in a generation have been pissed away not once but twice. I neither have the time or the energy to list out their calamitous decisions but the one thing I thought they’d do hasn’t come to pass which is formal insolvency….. was ch this space though.

Nothing will change till they’ve gone

I find it somewhat insulting that you accuse me of "partying" for most of the last decade and effectively accuse me (and presumably pretty much every other fan besides yourself) of being an idiot for not having seen the writing on the wall for the whole time that the Board have been here.

Were you saying the same thing honestly when we were riding high under Warburton, before it all went south, and when Mick Beale was first appointed before it became apparent who he really was? I seriously doubt it.

I doubt anyone would disagree with you over the p*ssing up the wall of our two chancesat Premier League promotion. However, I, and I suspect the majority of the fans, always saw that as a Beard/Fernandes issue rather than a Bhatia issue.

Amit, I always believed, was the calm, sensible one - hence pushing him forwards to front up once it became obvious that Fernandes' stock with the fans had fallen.

I'm sorry that we're clearly not all blessed with your amazing powers of insight and skills of prophesying the future. Have you thought about applying to be on the Board yourself, by any chance?
Ainsworth gone on 18:39 - Oct 29 with 1362 viewsterryb

Ainsworth gone on 18:33 - Oct 29 by E15Hoop

I find it somewhat insulting that you accuse me of "partying" for most of the last decade and effectively accuse me (and presumably pretty much every other fan besides yourself) of being an idiot for not having seen the writing on the wall for the whole time that the Board have been here.

Were you saying the same thing honestly when we were riding high under Warburton, before it all went south, and when Mick Beale was first appointed before it became apparent who he really was? I seriously doubt it.

I doubt anyone would disagree with you over the p*ssing up the wall of our two chancesat Premier League promotion. However, I, and I suspect the majority of the fans, always saw that as a Beard/Fernandes issue rather than a Bhatia issue.

Amit, I always believed, was the calm, sensible one - hence pushing him forwards to front up once it became obvious that Fernandes' stock with the fans had fallen.

I'm sorry that we're clearly not all blessed with your amazing powers of insight and skills of prophesying the future. Have you thought about applying to be on the Board yourself, by any chance?

LBlock has been very consistent with his views on the board for as long as I can remember.

It certainly goes as far back as our Premier years.
Ainsworth gone on 19:27 - Oct 29 with 1257 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth gone on 18:39 - Oct 29 by terryb

LBlock has been very consistent with his views on the board for as long as I can remember.

It certainly goes as far back as our Premier years.

That may be true, Terry, but my point is did he specifically call out Amit and /or Ruben at that time?
I certainly didn't foresee that thiere was so little forward planning/proactivity from those two, whereas Uncle Tony's approach always smelt of hubris, particularly in the Redknapp years.
Ainsworth gone on 19:56 - Oct 29 with 1160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth gone on 15:42 - Oct 29 by daveB

If it's Warnock first thing he does is put an arm around Willock and puts him back in the team. Put together a solid base and give flair players a bit of freedom, none of it will be rocket science but find it bizarre Ainsworth never tried it

"We got to Chris and he said, 'You don’t want to know him, gaffer… He’ll get you the sack, him. He’s got two managers the sack.'

"I went up to him and said, 'Here, Chris, everybody’s telling me that you’ll get me the sack.' He said, 'No, no, no, no.'

"You know, on Saturday, I said, ‘I’m going to play you against Rotherham. And if you’re poor on Saturday, I’m going to play you the next game, Chris. And if you’re poor the next game, I’m going to play you the next game. Do you understand?’

"He couldn’t quite understand it, I said, 'You’re going to win me things, son. I’m going to love having you.'"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024