Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread 12:49 - Dec 12 with 48915 viewsE17hoop

Fancy the wins will stop tomorrow. 1-1

Again, don't blame me if the run stops.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 21:44 - Dec 12 with 2993 viewssupahoopsa

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 13:21 - Dec 12 by Tonto

Tonight's rooting guide (oh er missus):
Blackburn to beat Brizzle
Preston to beat Huddersfield
West Brom to beat Rotherham
Stoke and Swansea to draw.

Spot on, well done 👏

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 21:55 - Dec 12 with 2935 viewsSuperhoops2808

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 21:41 - Dec 12 by Midlands_Ranger

Whats crazy for me is that recently I'm actually looking forward to us playing......

C'mon u Rrrrrrrrs

I believe

I was like that Saturday morning - I missed not playing midweek last week
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 2904 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 21:55 - Dec 12 by Superhoops2808

I was like that Saturday morning - I missed not playing midweek last week

Same! Was up for another one midweek last! Been a long time that feeling!
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 22:53 - Dec 12 with 2778 viewsAndybrat

Missing the match as at my daughters graduation, I want to say I am gutted but am not. Belchers junior has my seat so no reduction in noise. Fact is we are expected to win, such a weird feeling and not one I can get my head around. Scared the players think the same despite MC. I reckon 3-1 and possibly a real mash up of the team to keep the focus.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 2770 viewsbosh67

One of those games where we can't afford to get ahead of ourselves. Hopefully Marti is instilling the value that every game is the same. I think this game and the Sheffield Wednesday match will tell Marti a lot about the real desire and steel in this team.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 01:34 - Dec 13 with 2631 viewsVancouverHoop

Sadly will miss this match as I'll be en route to Texas. I'm tentatively positive though. Marti's basketball style 'full court press' has worked like a dream lately, let's hope it continues. Biggest problem may be injuries (we've largely avoided them since he joined us... funny that ; )

It's also possible some players will just run out of legs over this period, it's a tiring system to play on a small court. More so on a full field I'd guess, especially with no bench time-outs.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 02:07 - Dec 13 with 2616 viewsjtuck

Flying in from LA...writing this from airport...last game in person was home horror show against Sunderland last season when Illy thumped penalty against keeper's trailing leg. Thought Hull would be 1-1, so hoping for narrow win..1-0. Will be in Upper Loft alongside LFW poster brother 18 Stone of Hoop. URRRRs.

LAranger

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 06:25 - Dec 13 with 2533 viewsdmm

Cifuentes seems to like using the squad rather than sticking with the same starting 11 so I'm wondering what changes he'll make tonight.

My guess is Dunne for Cook and EDB for Dozzell. We might even see Armstrong for Smyth. A formation of 4231 again.
Login to get fewer ads

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 07:15 - Dec 13 with 2486 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Not sure Plymouth will cause as many problems defensively than Hull did. No away win all season, just thumped 4-0. A chance for us to move out the bottom 3.

We know what's coming, but hoping for 1-0 Rangers.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 08:54 - Dec 13 with 2371 viewsSpaceman_P

going for a 2-1 win, but they get the goal first
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 10:28 - Dec 13 with 2254 viewsdmm

Marti, oh Marti - a nice little corner routine idea here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-northamptonshire-67686831
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 2208 viewsed_83

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 07:15 - Dec 13 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Not sure Plymouth will cause as many problems defensively than Hull did. No away win all season, just thumped 4-0. A chance for us to move out the bottom 3.

We know what's coming, but hoping for 1-0 Rangers.

Not sure they'll be less threatening than Hull - they're a decent attacking side, and rested a bunch of players for the Leicester game. Definitely expect them to cause us problems at the back.

They're weak defensively by the sound of things though, particularly if their first choice keeper is out. Hoping for us to win a high-scoring, attacking game.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 12:24 - Dec 13 with 2115 viewsPlanetHonneywood

E17...'kin legend!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 12:43 - Dec 13 with 2061 viewsHayesender

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 19:36 - Dec 12 by Boston

Load a baloney, half of 'em live in the Home Counties and Hampshire.

True story. When I was a postie delivering the good (and not so good) people of Northfields, I delivered to more Plymouth fans then Brentford fans. That was until Brentford got promoted to the prem when suddenly more turned up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 13:05 - Dec 13 with 2030 viewsAntti_Heinola

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 06:25 - Dec 13 by dmm

Cifuentes seems to like using the squad rather than sticking with the same starting 11 so I'm wondering what changes he'll make tonight.

My guess is Dunne for Cook and EDB for Dozzell. We might even see Armstrong for Smyth. A formation of 4231 again.

Agree - I think we might see 3 or 4 changes, and wouldn't be surprised if Willock is on the bench. Also wouldn't be shocked if Kakay was in for Cannon.

Bare bones.

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 14:17 - Dec 13 with 1915 viewsDavieQPR

What doesn't help Plymouth is the travelling for away games. For instance they have a 237 mile coach journey to get to us. I'm going for a comfortable 3-0 win.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 14:26 - Dec 13 with 1900 viewsngbqpr

I daren't even countenance the thought of 4 wins in a row and getting out of the bottom 3 in one fell swoop.

And yet there that very thought is, nagging away...we might just do it, we might just do it...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 14:46 - Dec 13 with 1858 viewsBoston

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 14:17 - Dec 13 by DavieQPR

What doesn't help Plymouth is the travelling for away games. For instance they have a 237 mile coach journey to get to us. I'm going for a comfortable 3-0 win.

Beats alighting from the Mayflower at Hammersmith Bridge.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The on 14:54 - Dec 13 with 1851 viewsjoe90

2-0 Rangers!
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 16:16 - Dec 13 with 1724 viewsdavman

2-0

Xmas do tonight.

Not there; maybe won't even watch.

Will miss it though - Viva King Marti (and E17).

What can possibly go wrong?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The on 16:26 - Dec 13 with 1701 viewsloftus77

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 14:26 - Dec 13 by ngbqpr

I daren't even countenance the thought of 4 wins in a row and getting out of the bottom 3 in one fell swoop.

And yet there that very thought is, nagging away...we might just do it, we might just do it...

This. It's a juicy carrot - but I think it will be really tough.

They feel they are a club on the rise (again) and are bringing 2k to The Smoke under the lights. They'll be as bang up for it as we are.

2-2. Still a decent point.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 16:26]
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 17:18 - Dec 13 with 1575 viewsDamo1962

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 22:56 - Dec 12 by bosh67

One of those games where we can't afford to get ahead of ourselves. Hopefully Marti is instilling the value that every game is the same. I think this game and the Sheffield Wednesday match will tell Marti a lot about the real desire and steel in this team.

This.I'm sure Marti will be wanting six points from these next two games,but like me...will be delighted with four.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 17:36 - Dec 13 with 1544 viewsnumptydumpty

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 17:18 - Dec 13 by Damo1962

This.I'm sure Marti will be wanting six points from these next two games,but like me...will be delighted with four.

Shows how bad we were in that it would take four straight wins just to get out of a poor Championships bottom three..

Come on Hoops and please keep up these second half displays.

Would love to see either Armstrong or Dixon Bonner on the score sheet

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 17:50 - Dec 13 with 1491 viewsWatford_Ranger

Interesting got chatting to a Plymouth fan who goes to every game- 11am coach. Says they rested a load of players at the weekend for tonight and have been very unlucky recently.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 17:55 - Dec 13 with 1478 viewsjoolsyp

Flying from Vancouver to Edinburgh to visit family and hoping to catch the game on QPR+ using Air Canada’s ‘streaming wi-fi’ package. First impressions are not good, more dial-up than streaming speeds. Looking forward to plenty of ‘what happened next’ moments. I’m going for a hard fought 2-2. You Rs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024