Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread 08:50 - Feb 26 with 52492 viewsSpaceman_P

In the spirit of non-losses in the match-thread stakes, I will start this.

Hopefully we will make Red Leicester flavoured Walkers Crisps out of Leicester City FC

I am going for a 1 - nil win for us. I think the players will turn up and the game will be tight.

Going for a Chair goal, a long range effort with a deflection.... they will press us like mad, but we will fluke this win and continue Leicester's shitty form to 3 loses.

If we lose, I will gladly down tools for match threads for the rest of the season.

Fingers crossed!!!

Paul

[Post edited 26 Feb 8:51]
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:05 - Mar 2 with 2400 viewsHarbour

Well done rangers a great win. 2 great goals fantastic defensive performances. Great subs Marti again bringing on a goal scorer. Ursss
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:22 - Mar 2 with 2208 viewsMelakaRanger

Watched via aVPN.

To a man they were superb today. A most deserved win.

There is hope……
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 2172 viewsDiscodroids

Man alive, i feel good. this strange feeling fluttering around in my chest.. I think it's called pride. We have Hope once more. Beautiful.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:24 - Mar 2 with 2180 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:05 - Mar 2 by Boston

Give me as SsssS, PeeE, AaaA...

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:26 - Mar 2 with 2142 viewsDamo1962

Been out and not following the game... expecting defeat. To say I am gob smacked...is the understatement of this year. Sensational result and performance by the sounds of it. We are the real deal on the road, just need to find a way to get more wins at LR. Very happy to see Armstrong on the score sheet too. Whilst other teams are finding form at the right time, let them worry about us, rather than the other way round. It is going to be a real ride to the end of the season for sure. Come on U R'ss.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:30 - Mar 2 with 2100 viewsCopenhagenRs

That was a Cifuentes masterclass. I really hope he will stay for a long time.
Loved the very loud and determined singing of "The Rs are staying up" at the end.
And who needs Colback when we have Field the shield. Sam was everywhere - my MoM!
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 2062 viewscyprusmel

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:44 - Mar 2 by Spaceman_P

Dunne n Dusted my MOM

I'd like to know how we managed to swap our old Jimmy Dunne for this new one.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:38 - Mar 2 with 2005 viewsdmm

Looking back on the game, despite Leicester's relentless attack, Begovic didn't have all that much to do. Our defence was absolutely magnificent.
Login to get fewer ads

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:46 - Mar 2 with 1924 viewsjohncharles

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 16:58 - Mar 2 by connell10

Great result .....but pity about other results.

We’ll see how well they do against Leicester

Strong and stable my arse.

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:49 - Mar 2 with 1855 viewssmudgehoop

What a fantastic result.

MOTM - The fans for their constant singing.

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:50 - Mar 2 with 1841 viewshertshoops

Massive win and a real marker down to the rest of our rivals

Kept waiting for one of ours to switch off - but happily none did
Properly organised and determined performance, we look like a proper team again

Really proud of my team tonight

U R'sss
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:52 - Mar 2 with 1826 viewsjoe90

U’rssssssssssssss!

Absolutely buzzing, what a result! Well done Rangers!!
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:03 - Mar 2 with 1690 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:50 - Mar 2 by hertshoops

Massive win and a real marker down to the rest of our rivals

Kept waiting for one of ours to switch off - but happily none did
Properly organised and determined performance, we look like a proper team again

Really proud of my team tonight

U R'sss

I thought we were going to get the third goal before Leicester got another to be honest we looked that dangerous .We should have scored more but its hard to blame Armstrong or Chair for those missed chances the tension and pressure was really high.
Like I posted earlier 4 or 5 things went wrong for their goal and even with Vardy they could not cut through us again
Fair play to Fox also I have been critical but he was superb when he came on another master stroke from Marti .
For some reason I got a feed from the Leicester studio after the game and they gave us a good bit of credit and are really worried about their 3 game slide and next 2 away matches .
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:08 - Mar 2 with 1652 viewshoops_legend

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 2 by karlski

Agree showing signs of maturity, and what a hit for the goal!

But for the 2 on 1 at the end with Chair, felt he made the wrong choice. Passed too early. He should have bore down the right hand side towards goal, either committed Faes and then squared it, or if Faes stayed covering Chair, he's got a clean 1-on-1 with keeper. He seized up a little in the situation rather than being decisive and using his attributes. Still created a presentable chance for Chair, mind you. He'll continue to learn.

Not meant to be a strong criticism - scored the winner, did his job, very happy for him (and us) - just excited for him to continue developing and go to the next level.

Yeah good points well made
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:08 - Mar 2 with 1647 viewsCiderwithRsie

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:57 - Mar 2 by numptydumpty

Makes me laugh how some posters that post dozens of posts when we lose and lose, are nowhere to be seen on days of triumph.

That happens, but one or two who have been very vocal critics for a long time are also very openly happy right now, and that's to their credit.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 1583 viewsVancouverHoop

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:34 - Mar 2 by cyprusmel

I'd like to know how we managed to swap our old Jimmy Dunne for this new one.

He's just one example of how well this team is organised and coached now. Every player from the starters to the subs made perfect sense based on the opposition. Every player knew their job and how to do it before they set foot on the pitch. Most of all the belief and confidence that's clearly beginning to surge through the side makes it more likely there'll be more performances like this one before the season is over.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:16 - Mar 2 with 1570 viewsmart_Goblin

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:57 - Mar 2 by Benny_the_Ball

You could also tell from the first minute that we weren't going to give Leicester anything and, bar Begovic pushing the ball back into the danger zone, we didn't.
[Post edited 2 Mar 18:09]

Ha ha I wasn’t quite so confident but you are spot on, apart from a dreadful piece of goalkeeping we gave them absolutely nothing. Superb disciplined performance
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:17 - Mar 2 with 1544 viewsqprphil

Makes you proud to be a Ranger again. Just keep on going lads, fantastic result, well done to you all.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 1522 viewskensalriser

Thought Begovic did quite well to save the FK in the first place, that ball had a fair pace on it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 1509 viewsqueensparker

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:30 - Mar 2 by CopenhagenRs

That was a Cifuentes masterclass. I really hope he will stay for a long time.
Loved the very loud and determined singing of "The Rs are staying up" at the end.
And who needs Colback when we have Field the shield. Sam was everywhere - my MoM!

Me too - Field was outstanding and you can see Marti is training him on how to pass forwards now which will transform him as a player. But in his usual defensive master class he was just brilliant today, won every header, blocked everything and put in some outstanding tackles. Playing alongside Hayden instead of Dozzell he looks a cut above
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 2 with 1427 viewsmart_Goblin

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

Thought Begovic did quite well to save the FK in the first place, that ball had a fair pace on it.

Respectfully disagree but I guess we see things differently and that’s fair enough.
20 years ago goalkeepers just caught those. I didn’t expect that but parry it out wide man. He got it all wrong .

But hey this is for another day. It’s a wonderful gutsy win. Proud of that team today . Not said that much in recent times
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 1384 viewscpgerber

hard to tell from the video angle, but looks like we got the rub of the green on Dykes offsides for the 1st goal? hope I’m wrong, but who cares now, right?
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 2 with 1370 viewsHooparoo

We had a crack and got a great result. What a great scoreline to wake up to (5:30am here)

Viva Marti!!! ⚽️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 2 with 1362 viewstraininvain

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:19 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

Steve Cook certainly made his thoughts known to Begovic and even pointed to where the ball should’ve been pushed away.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:30 - Mar 2 with 1344 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A keeper of his experience should be parrying the ball away from danger. That mistake gifted Leicester a lifeline and put the pressure back on QPR for the final 30 minutes. Thank goodness the team were mentally strong and managed to see out the win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024