Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article 09:58 - Jan 3 with 5814 viewsnadera78

Or if he has he hasn't learned a thing from it. This is his latest tweet:

What u reckon. After all the attacks on me this is sweet. Long long way to go. Much to do. Long long way from safety but keep believing and enjoy the moment. RT @QPRh92: @tonyfernandes tony how much are you buzzing right now???

Attacks? He's got away remarkably lightly so far, mainly because he's a jovial chap and his predecessor was detested. He really needs to have a re-think or else the shambles will continue. One win, however magnificently enjoyable, does not alleviate the self-inflicted problems at the club.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:00 - Jan 3 with 4753 viewsNorthernr

Why should he read my article? I'm just one moaning git
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:01 - Jan 3 with 4734 viewsdaveB

attacks on him, he's having a laugh
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:01 - Jan 3 with 4733 viewsfakekerby

Tbf to him, i'm sure he's been called all sorts on Twitter.

Then again, I don't think he should be on it and not expect the odd idiot to abuse him when we're bottom of the league.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:01 - Jan 3 with 4716 viewsadhoc_qpr

To be fair, we don't know what kind of abuse he's been getting from idiots on Twitter.

Although certainly in the mainstream media and from what i've seen on Twitter he hasn't been attacked.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:02 - Jan 3 with 4707 viewsnadera78

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:00 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Why should he read my article? I'm just one moaning git

Well you do come from the icy wastelands of the north. It's only natural.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:05 - Jan 3 with 4676 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:01 - Jan 3 by fakekerby

Tbf to him, i'm sure he's been called all sorts on Twitter.

Then again, I don't think he should be on it and not expect the odd idiot to abuse him when we're bottom of the league.

Yeh the default response for three quarters of the people on there seems to be "fck off you mong" or something equally charming. It's a vile thing really.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:09 - Jan 3 with 4650 viewsAntti_Heinola

First of all, dave and nadera, how do you know what kind of attacks TF may or may not have had? He's had plenty of abuse on twitter, which you wouldn't necessarily see.
Secondly, this stupid stuff like, 'he shouldn't be on twitter'. Do stop it. If you don't want to be on twitter don't go on it, don't look at it. But stop trying to belittle something you don't really understand.

Bare bones.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:12 - Jan 3 with 4621 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:09 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

First of all, dave and nadera, how do you know what kind of attacks TF may or may not have had? He's had plenty of abuse on twitter, which you wouldn't necessarily see.
Secondly, this stupid stuff like, 'he shouldn't be on twitter'. Do stop it. If you don't want to be on twitter don't go on it, don't look at it. But stop trying to belittle something you don't really understand.

Twitter is a very useful tool for businesses to build their brand, publications to drive traffic, and famous people to put the sort of image and message that they want across from the horse's mouth. Fernandes uses it well.

However, 90% of the people on there have about a dozen people following them, never say anything of any interest at all and use it to follow people. Of those, a good portion seem to enjoy just mindlessly abusing people from behind the safety of their keyboard.

It's useful for LFW to increase traffic to the site which is why I'm on there, but really it is a hateful, vile thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:15 - Jan 3 with 4589 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:12 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Twitter is a very useful tool for businesses to build their brand, publications to drive traffic, and famous people to put the sort of image and message that they want across from the horse's mouth. Fernandes uses it well.

However, 90% of the people on there have about a dozen people following them, never say anything of any interest at all and use it to follow people. Of those, a good portion seem to enjoy just mindlessly abusing people from behind the safety of their keyboard.

It's useful for LFW to increase traffic to the site which is why I'm on there, but really it is a hateful, vile thing.

Spot on - better than I could've put. A pleasure following you on there, Norf - I think you use it well. Nice combo of links to articles on here, the odd mini-rant and plenty of funny/thoughtful comments.

Bare bones.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:19 - Jan 3 with 4564 viewswestberksr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:12 - Jan 3 by Northernr

great summary of Twitter there Clive.

modern day keyboard warriors must love it.

short, concise pointless abuse & mindless drivel the order of the day? Get on Twitter and share your opinion (that nobody sat in the same room as you would entertain for more than a second!)

hopefully TF has a thick skin as I dread to think of some of the shite getting thrown at him**

** should still give you a shiny trophy and a farkin interview (for goalkeeping coach at the very least

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:23 - Jan 3 with 4520 viewsdaveB

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:09 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

i'm not bothered if he's on twitter or not but for me he'd get far more out of having a fans forum than getting feedback on twitter which will always be either we are shit or we are brilliant
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:33 - Jan 3 with 4474 viewsrobith

As has been said he gets absolute dogs abuse on twitter, mostly from people whose spelling, punctuation and grammar make me wonder how they even managed to turn on the computer
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:58 - Jan 3 with 4416 viewsnadera78

Sure he gets some stick, but then he also gets a stack of people putting their tongue up his backside, like this fellow:

RT @qprdel: @Amit_Bhatia99 @tonyfernandes this is why you came into football for nights like this this is your club we are your supporters #COYRS

If he wants to revel in the glory then he has to also put up with the nonsense. But none of that absolves him from blame for the desperate situation we find ourselves in, and the still needed radical changes to the way the club is run.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 4397 viewsbosh67

Not sure why these guys put themselves through the abuse on social media? Whatever you do someone will always have a go.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:24 - Jan 3 with 4267 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:58 - Jan 3 by nadera78

Sure he gets some stick, but then he also gets a stack of people putting their tongue up his backside, like this fellow:

RT @qprdel: @Amit_Bhatia99 @tonyfernandes this is why you came into football for nights like this this is your club we are your supporters #COYRS

If he wants to revel in the glory then he has to also put up with the nonsense. But none of that absolves him from blame for the desperate situation we find ourselves in, and the still needed radical changes to the way the club is run.

are you really upset at that sentence? Really? You must be a very, very unhappy person if something like that bothers you.

There's a lot of rubbish on Twitter, but then people shout stupid things at football - for every 'hilarious' bit of 'football fans banter' there's a load of nonsense chanted; there's a lot of rubbish on telly; there's plenty of facile music around. I just don't get the point. Personally, I follow interesting and/or funny people and it's great entertainment. I am interested in other people's views, or in sharing interesting articles/videos etc with other people and so forth. I don't like the abuse and bullying that goes on. But that's about it, you can't stop that. I just think a lot of people sh!t on it because it's (relatively) new - a bit like how people used to laugh at forums like this years back and the internet generally. It's just being curmudgeonly for curmudgeonly's sake, really.

Bare bones.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 4240 viewsJonDoeman

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:58 - Jan 3 by nadera78

Good bloke is Del.

It Is What It Is !!

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:38 - Jan 3 with 4173 viewsAndyB

You only have to look at comments under any YouTube video to see what mindless drivel people are willing to post where they can.

I use Twitter as a personal, customised newsfeed - subscribing to journo's and websites of interest. Get all my info from there in short-burst headlines and follow onto main websites for details if needed.
Absolutely brilliant for this.
Like having your own paper with loads of front page headlines on stuff that you want to read about.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 4151 viewsisawqpratwcity

"mindlessly abusing people from behind the safety of their keyboard"

And your criticism is...?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:46 - Jan 3 with 4129 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:43 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

"mindlessly abusing people from behind the safety of their keyboard"

And your criticism is...?

well if you're going to Tweet Fernandes or somebody like that then say something constructive.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:00 - Jan 3 with 4070 viewsnadera78

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:24 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

are you really upset at that sentence? Really? You must be a very, very unhappy person if something like that bothers you.

There's a lot of rubbish on Twitter, but then people shout stupid things at football - for every 'hilarious' bit of 'football fans banter' there's a load of nonsense chanted; there's a lot of rubbish on telly; there's plenty of facile music around. I just don't get the point. Personally, I follow interesting and/or funny people and it's great entertainment. I am interested in other people's views, or in sharing interesting articles/videos etc with other people and so forth. I don't like the abuse and bullying that goes on. But that's about it, you can't stop that. I just think a lot of people sh!t on it because it's (relatively) new - a bit like how people used to laugh at forums like this years back and the internet generally. It's just being curmudgeonly for curmudgeonly's sake, really.

My point was twofold: that if he's going to revel in the adulation then he's got to accept the criticism, and that last night's victory doesn't alter the fact that the club needs to change. Using one win to reject the advice of long-standing supporters suggests TF is uninterested in both.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:20 - Jan 3 with 4022 viewshoops_legend

I think Fernandes does get too much abuse on twitter. If you ever do a Search @ then people really give it to him large.

Its like Northern says its because there is no reprecussions people don't think about it.

Would you really work up to TF and call him a tw*t for not sacking Hughes after all the money he has put into our club... when all he wanted to do his put his faith in someone he was informed was a top class manager?? He is VERY naive and I hope he doesnt run his other business like QPR but no reason we should give him verbal abuse!
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:32 - Jan 3 with 3963 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 12:46 - Jan 3 by Northernr

well if you're going to Tweet Fernandes or somebody like that then say something constructive.

Couldn't agree more.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:36 - Jan 3 with 3946 viewsreal_loftus

Last time I looked, the most recent abuse TF got was from some random Saints fan who called him a disgrace. Strange.

Anyhow...unfortunately TFs ego can get the better of him. Twitter gives him the medium to tell everyone about how many planes he's ordered, how prompt his KL to JKT flights are, how good his Caterham team is performing, etc. All of which could be done via a business Twitter account, manned by one of his minions and capable of blocking/deleting anything negative. But TF (and not just him, many are in a similar position) likes the adulation and glory to be focused on him as the leader. And in most cases, thats fully deserved as a successful global entrepreneur. But having the personal account leaves him open to mindless trolls, 12yr old keyboard warriors and the type of pondlife that Twitter can attract.

Hopefully he's got the sense to understand that most sensible QPR fans "can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors just the same".

ATAF.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 3930 viewsadhoc_qpr

I suspect the genuine tweets pointing TF to interesting, relevent QPR articles or offering genuine constructive feedback get lost amidst the sycophants and the haters...
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 3872 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 13:00 - Jan 3 by nadera78

My point was twofold: that if he's going to revel in the adulation then he's got to accept the criticism, and that last night's victory doesn't alter the fact that the club needs to change. Using one win to reject the advice of long-standing supporters suggests TF is uninterested in both.

your points make absolutely no sense, then. Here's the tweet you quoted:

'After all the attacks on me this is sweet. Long long way to go. Much to do. Long long way from safety but keep believing and enjoy the moment.'

Please tell me where he 'rejects advice'. All he's said here is that it's nice to get a victory after the 'attacks' - not the 'advice'.
Have a close look at the phrases ''long way to go' and 'much to do' and the recognition that we are a long way from safety and the plea to at least 'enjoy the moment'.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024