Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On train home; numb 18:51 - Apr 7 with 2164 viewsCharlie1

I've never seen anything that cruel and twisted.

Empty and gobsmacked.

2:59 baby!

On train home; numb on 19:01 - Apr 7 with 2133 viewsstuabd

One of the great, unbelievable goals which I could have watched about 100 times over the next day means nothing and is painful to watch now because of how we blew it.
On train home; numb on 19:08 - Apr 7 with 2089 viewsCharlie1

The atmosphere just went dead. That's the end.

Gutting.

But we are naive in our play. Thinking through the game now, lots of naivety about us.

2:59 baby!

On train home; numb on 19:41 - Apr 7 with 1987 viewsbosh67

I have said this to a few other people and I'm as gutted as anyone else tonight, what a birthday dampener, but... I don't think we've played enough games this season as a team to get the balance right. That's where Harry really has been up against it. He's got 20 points in 18 games. Over a season had we had him since day one of the season I reckon we would have got 40 points plus and stayed up - ready to kick on. It does take time for players to settle in and 32 odd games of mixing and matching hasn't been enough. I agree, there is a horrible naivety about this team. They don't think about running clocks down and have paid for that a few times now. We have missed Nelson's barking at players and organising them but the other reality is that after losing Zamora that was a good effort. For me the killer games this season have been every one under Hughes and Liverpool, Norwich and Fulham since.

The fat lady is in the room now and warming up. However, we genuinely have absolutely nothing to lose now and the team have to go into the final 6 games trying to simply attack and win each one. There are still 18 points to play for. It's a miracle ask now, especially after such a gutting kick in the teeth but you have to say if there is any metal left in this set of lads at all they have to go out and believe they can pull off the impossible.

Wigan did it last year when they were dead and buried, so why can't we. Perhaps today is an ironic omen. The players can't give up until the maths doesn't add up. I will put that on another thread because there are still enough points on offer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024