Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAF to Retire? 04:51 - May 8 with 13956 viewsade_qpr

LONDON (AFP) - Alex Ferguson could be about to sensationally retire as manager of English Premier League giants Manchester United, according to British media reports on Tuesday.

The Daily Telegraph claimed the 71-year-old Scot was "giving serious consideration" to leaving Old Trafford and could announce his retirement before the end of the week.

The newspaper did not cite sources but said that "senior figures" at the club could not be contacted to either confirm or deny the information.

British bookmakers reported a rush of bets on Everton manager David Moyes to become Ferguson's successor. Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has also been linked with the position in the past.

Ferguson has been at United since November 1986 and is the most successful manager in the history of English football.

In his 26-and-a-half-year reign, he has led the club from the English northwest to 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, and two Champions League titles, as well as a host of other honours.

United claimed an unprecedented 20th English league title last month, having narrowly lost out to local rivals Manchester City the previous season.

During Ferguson's tenure, United have become one of the most famous teams in world sport, with American business magazine Forbes recently reporting that they are worth $3.17 billion (2.42 billion euros).

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/17062323/ferguson-considering

Any news from the English press or another piss in the wind report?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

SAF to Retire? on 05:00 - May 8 with 7525 viewstimcocking

I thought at the start of the season that if Utd won the Champion's league or the premier league this year, Fergie might stand down. He's not getting younger and the opposition are getting richer. Nice to finish on a high and all that.
SAF to Retire? on 05:23 - May 8 with 7516 viewsexiled_dictator

SKY News understands .......
Now if you can just give us more money by logging into SKYBET....

I don't believe for one minute that he will retire.
In all the interviews he gives, there are no signs that he has lost the love of the game or Manchester United.
I just think that a journalist has gone into overdrive on this and is trying to make a name for themselves.
I mean, he has already started buying players for next season, and unless he has been told by his doctor that he has only 6 months to live, I fully expect to see him in charge next time we play them.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

SAF to Retire? on 06:34 - May 8 with 7481 viewssix_foot_two

Expect a media a*rse licking w*ankfest if he does stand down.
SAF to Retire? on 06:59 - May 8 with 7461 viewsN12Hoop

He's a c u n t.
Whoever takes over, whenever that might be, is destined to fail in my view.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

SAF to Retire? on 07:10 - May 8 with 7445 viewsGloucs_R

SAF to Retire? on 06:59 - May 8 by N12Hoop

He's a c u n t.
Whoever takes over, whenever that might be, is destined to fail in my view.

Far from it. He's the greatest manager there will ever be. An out and out winner. Total respect for the guy.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

SAF to Retire? on 07:23 - May 8 with 7428 viewsCHUBBS

It would be extremely amusing to see Mourino divert away from The Bridge on his way to OT whilst that lot get lumbered with the fat Spanish waiter.
SAF to Retire? on 08:08 - May 8 with 7365 viewsN12Hoop

SAF to Retire? on 07:10 - May 8 by Gloucs_R

Far from it. He's the greatest manager there will ever be. An out and out winner. Total respect for the guy.

I didn't say he wasn't a great manager, because he undoubtedly is one of the all time greats. I said he's a c u n t. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. He's a moaning, bad tempered, miserable, ungracious, sore loser w4nker ATAF

SAF to Retire? on 08:16 - May 8 with 7357 viewscjc

Best to leave now and enjoy his remaining years from the sidelines. Mourinho the only option and gets on with SAF..

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Login to get fewer ads

SAF to Retire? on 08:25 - May 8 with 7345 viewsDrewster

Interesting, wonder where the leak came from.
As they are partially listed on the NYSE, they would have to be told first before a public announcement.

Aside from some of his traits, you have to admire his fantastic knowledge of the game, and the hunger to win even now.
I always thought after last season, losing the title to his noisy neighbours in that fashion, that nothing else would matter other than winning the title back again.
I don't think have been bothered about going out of the Champions League, just wanted to get one over City.
Pride, nothing else.
Shareholders wouldn't have liked that though.
SAF to Retire? on 08:45 - May 8 with 7310 viewsGloucs_R

SAF to Retire? on 08:08 - May 8 by N12Hoop

I didn't say he wasn't a great manager, because he undoubtedly is one of the all time greats. I said he's a c u n t. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. He's a moaning, bad tempered, miserable, ungracious, sore loser w4nker ATAF

As most of the best managers in most industries are.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

SAF to Retire? on 08:50 - May 8 with 7295 viewsTGRRRSSS

Good time for him to sign off, Champions League is in all likelihood a bit beyond this UNited side I would think for minimum 2-3 years and youd have to wonder if hed carry on that long.
Other factors maybe health maybe hes got some issues we dont know of.
SAF to Retire? on 08:51 - May 8 with 7291 viewsMonahoop

Total speculation. This has been done more than once before. He'll go when he sees fit to go and there has been no concrete news from Utd. Bored sporting journalists looking for something to tittle tattle about as the season winds down.

Having said that, wouldn't it be funny if he does decide to call it a day and Mourinho steps into the Utd breach, leaving Chelsea to grovel around for a now already exhausted supply of so called top draw managers. That probably won't happen, but it's a nice thought.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

SAF to Retire? on 08:56 - May 8 with 7275 viewsJamie

Have said for a while I expected Ferguson to quit once they won #20. The last thing he'd do is hang around and watch City win 3/4 in a row so from a timing perspective it would be the perfect time for him to go having just won it back from them.

That said, I just can't see this being true.
SAF to Retire? on 08:57 - May 8 with 7273 viewsElHoop

Moyes is out of contract this summer so it would be a good time to get him on board in some capacity. The two of them appear to get on well, which would help a lot. Mourinho was making overtures during the Madrid game, which would indicate that they haven't approached him, so my money is on Moyes.
SAF to Retire? on 09:03 - May 8 with 7249 viewsKonk

SAF to Retire? on 08:08 - May 8 by N12Hoop

I would agree with all of that and throw in the fact that he's a bully too, HOWEVER, he is meant to be pretty good when it comes to offering advice/support to fellow managers right down through the divisions and is supposed to be pretty generous with his time/words when it comes to charity work, fundraising for clubs/players etc. Still don't like the bloke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

SAF to Retire? on 09:25 - May 8 with 7217 viewsMytch_QPR

SAF to Retire? on 09:03 - May 8 by Konk

I would agree with all of that and throw in the fact that he's a bully too, HOWEVER, he is meant to be pretty good when it comes to offering advice/support to fellow managers right down through the divisions and is supposed to be pretty generous with his time/words when it comes to charity work, fundraising for clubs/players etc. Still don't like the bloke.

This is where his proteges like Keane and Hughes got it wrong - they concentrated too much on getting the 'c' bit right, but forgot about the managing side.

His achievements cannot be denied - I would not be surprised if he takes on a Director of Football role if Moyes comes in. Some Chelsea fans at work were geting highly excited yesterday about Mourinho coming back, so it would be mildly hilairious if he pitches up at Man Utd.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

SAF to Retire? on 09:28 - May 8 with 7199 viewsJamie

Wow, gone.

Jose or Moyes.
SAF to Retire? on 09:28 - May 8 with 7198 viewsToast_R

Just been confirmed as true!

Wont miss that sour faced bastard.
SAF to Retire? on 09:31 - May 8 with 7181 viewsJonDoeman

End of an era . Won't be the same without him. Couldn't stand the Scotch git!

It Is What It Is !!

SAF to Retire? on 09:34 - May 8 with 7166 viewsVish

Moyes to Chelsea
Mourinho to United
SAF to Retire? on 09:35 - May 8 with 7162 viewsKonk

Just pointed-out to the office Man Utd fans who have gone into a collective break down over Ferguson's retirement, that they've had 1,500 games and 16 years in which to watch a United side managed by Ferguson in the flesh and yet none of them has managed it even once. But make no mistake, these boys are mourning.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

SAF to Retire? on 09:35 - May 8 with 7160 viewssimmo

Now we must prepare for the absolute Ferguson w@nkathon that will bombard us all every waking hour for at least 2 years.

Mourinho bringing Ronaldo back? I would actually like to see that! Chelscum fans would be crying!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

SAF to Retire? on 09:38 - May 8 with 7147 viewsJonDoeman

SAF to Retire? on 09:34 - May 8 by Vish

Moyes to Chelsea
Mourinho to United

Can't see Moyes getting the Chelsea job.

Mourinho to Man Yoo sounds right though, & probably had something to do with the timing.

It Is What It Is !!

SAF to Retire? on 09:41 - May 8 with 7128 viewsN12Hoop

If Mourino takes over though he is on a hiding to nothing, because if he doesn't win the PL and CL he will be considered a failure. His ego is one that likes to take clubs that aren't winning anything and then take them to glory. That's a bit tough when you take over a team that has won its league at a canter. Could this be the undoing of the chosen one? Either way I'd rather he went there than the scum.

SAF to Retire? on 09:41 - May 8 with 7122 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Unfortunate manner (puts it politely) but one of the greatest managers ever.

I once shuffled along behind him and Mick McCarthy at a Sports Personality.

Two things you notice about MM, 1. He's massive. 2. Close up he looks even more like 'Sam the Eagle'

Good night that, the England Speedway manager lost his team engaged me in a debate on Whiskey and was bringing me wineglasses full of Jack Daniels

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024