Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City 21:01 - Aug 2 with 1851 viewsthrillseeker

What a farce - only a 10 point deduction.

The Football League is gutless - they should have been thrown out of Football League.

I appreciate it is the fans that would suffer but this ongoing situation really is an embarrassment
Coventry City on 14:29 - Aug 3 with 1809 viewsBarsidepete

As opposed to 15?

Why would League One be better off without Coventry? What are you on and where can I get it?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Coventry City on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 1764 viewsburnsieespana

Yes can't see why not 15 as surely that is the norm for events such as this?
Coventry City on 13:40 - Aug 5 with 1714 viewsLeadbelly

Should be 15 points. It's what Leeds got in the same situation.

Throwing them out of the Football League isn't an option. If every club that has ever had an inept, self-serving, blinkered and downright dishonest board of directors had been ejected there wouldn't be much left of the Football League.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Coventry City on 20:37 - Aug 5 with 1696 viewswessex_exile

Coventry City on 13:40 - Aug 5 by Leadbelly

Should be 15 points. It's what Leeds got in the same situation.

Throwing them out of the Football League isn't an option. If every club that has ever had an inept, self-serving, blinkered and downright dishonest board of directors had been ejected there wouldn't be much left of the Football League.

Similar situation, not same, surely Whales?

Not an anti-Leeds thing at all, and please correct if my memory is failing me, but wasn't the Leeds 15pts to do with the club (or at least the decision-makers at the club) trying to use the system to their own advantage, whereas at least some involved in the Coventry fiasco are trying to do the right thing - but stymied by a bunch of asset-stripping a'holes?

That being said, rules are rules, and if the FL penalty should have been 15pts then 15pts it should be.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Coventry City on 23:08 - Aug 5 with 1688 viewsBarsidepete

Coventry City on 20:37 - Aug 5 by wessex_exile

Not an anti-Leeds thing at all, and please correct if my memory is failing me, but wasn't the Leeds 15pts to do with the club (or at least the decision-makers at the club) trying to use the system to their own advantage, whereas at least some involved in the Coventry fiasco are trying to do the right thing - but stymied by a bunch of asset-stripping a'holes?

That being said, rules are rules, and if the FL penalty should have been 15pts then 15pts it should be.

Goodness, Wessex, that was exactly the point I was reaching for.

I honestly don't feel that the Sky Blues fall into the same category. Yes, ok, let em be whacked with that 10 points, but to put them in the same category of dirty Leeds? no, I won't be convinced of that.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Coventry City on 15:17 - Aug 8 with 1627 viewsLeadbelly

Coventry City on 20:37 - Aug 5 by wessex_exile

Apologies for the delay...work interfering with my life again.

Following further research the situation is not the same, so I stand corrected. For those who may be interested;

Leeds entered a CVA in May 2007, shortly before relegation from the Championship, and were deducted 10 points. (no doubt a misguided effort by Ken Bates to avoid a penalty the following season)

HMRC challenged the CVA but the administrators sold the club back to Bates anyway (KPMG have a lot to answer for IMHO).

A 15 point deduction was then applied for the 2007/8 season because the CVA had not been entered into in accordance with football league rules covering how clubs should enter administration. ("15 points, who gives a f**k, we're super Leeds and we're going up"...except we lost to Doncaster in the playoff final)

Having also checked all points deductions applied in England & Wales I would suggest 10 is now the norm, 15 points having been applied just once I think. back in the 80's no points deductions were made.

Also worth noting, should anyone still awake have connections north of the border, points deductions in Scotland are considerably higher, 25 points not being unique.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024