Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On train home 17:41 - Jan 18 with 6037 viewsCharlie1

Talk about Jekyll and Hyde! How come we can't play in the first half.

Fantastic result and 2nd which is great.

1st half was unbalanced, poor and fortunate not to be losing.

Credit to Harry as the change with Philips made a big difference, some width and pace. This enabled Austin to make a real impact. We looked going then, going forward but at times, sloppy on the ball.

Credit to them, really played well which made for an entertaining game. My ratings:

Green 7/10 made important saves
Simpson 5/10 struggled first half
BAE 8/10 MOM - some of his touches were seriously classy. Best LB WE'VE EVER HAD.
Dunne 6/10
Hill 6/10
Henry 6/10 - he did ok today
Krancjar 5/10 - infuriating
Carroll 6/10
Johnsson 5/10
Austin 8/10

Phillips 7/10
Traore 6/10

That's my take. Enjoyed second half but first a worry. They should've had a couple

2:59 baby!

On train home on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 5227 viewsstuabd

Cheers, Charlie.

That little dink in the last 10 minutes by BAE over their player was different class.

Huddlesfield looked good and will cause most divisions in this team problems on that form.

Their commentator reckoned that the first half was the best half of football they've played. That is the reality for us as teams do get up for games against the rrrrssss.
On train home on 17:52 - Jan 18 with 5187 viewsNov77

Just had a look at the table, we've only won once against a top eight team.

Results like today are going to have to continue, if we're going up we have to take maximum points from virtually all the other games.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

On train home on 17:57 - Jan 18 with 5131 viewsCharlie1

We maybe "little QPR historically", but we're a scalp with a famous manager, Money and some named players. We forget that teams come to us and make it hard.
They worked hard off the ball, were organised and retained plus used possession really well. Broke in numbers with speed and one of the best first half performances by an away side.

Frustrations with players and formations aside, it's admirable how we dug in. Our players keep trying even when it doesn't come off. Redknapp is doing well with the spirit and motivation.

Long way to go and I still think, we can win this league. But need to sort these issues out now.

On train home on 18:03 - Jan 18 with 5093 viewsNW5Hoop

First half, especially, provided ample evidence that our squad is unsuited to 4-4-2. Every one of their chances involved our midfield simply being bypassed at pace.
On train home on 18:04 - Jan 18 with 5076 viewsCharlie1

On train home on 18:03 - Jan 18 by NW5Hoop

First half, especially, provided ample evidence that our squad is unsuited to 4-4-2. Every one of their chances involved our midfield simply being bypassed at pace.

Yep

On train home on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 4996 viewsMedwayR

First half was 4-3-1-2 which left us very open down the flanks, 2nd half switched to 4-4-2 which worked a lot better although we were still open. Prefer 4-4-2 than a five man midfield myself.

Poll: Who’s better?

On train home on 18:25 - Jan 18 with 4921 viewsPhildo

I think its the lack of pace through the middle of the team- we get better as the game slows down.

Terrible atmosphere again even though the udders lot tried to get us going.
On train home on 18:35 - Jan 18 with 4857 viewsTrom

We got better when Phillips came on. Gave us pace. First half we moved the ball forward so slowly that we had to try and beat 11 men all facing the ball. Philips immediately had the Town defence on their heals allowing us to pick out passes and push their back line backwards. Thought BAE was good but Philips got my MOTM as his pace and running changed the game.
Login to get fewer ads

On train home on 19:07 - Jan 18 with 4692 viewsUruguayanRanger

I thought Tom Carroll was useless today. Gave the ball away more that he gave it to a team mate. Gave away possession in some dangerous areas today.
On train home on 19:11 - Jan 18 with 4677 viewsTacticalR

On train home on 19:07 - Jan 18 by UruguayanRanger

I thought Tom Carroll was useless today. Gave the ball away more that he gave it to a team mate. Gave away possession in some dangerous areas today.

Yes, he had a terrible game. But I still like him because:
1) He's always in the thick of things
2) Even though he was having a terrible game he still tried to play.

Air hostess clique

On train home on 19:14 - Jan 18 with 4655 views100percent

Definitely an off day for Carroll - but I admire the way he does not hide, always wants to be involved. Have to give credit to Henry today - thought he kept it simple and his timing on some of the challenges was excellent. Best game I seen him play in the hoops....
On train home on 19:34 - Jan 18 with 4557 viewsbosh67

Great post and totally agree.

Too many games we let the opponents get on top and have chances in the first 20 minutes. To be fair, although we weren't very good, we were better for the last 25 minutes. By which time Green had kept us in it with two fantastic saves. We were far too narrow and far too one paced.

Second half, yup, HR obviously gave them a rocket. Thought Phillips was excellent second half. When we did bring on Traore, the wide pace of both changed the dynamics. Traore looked a lot more comfortable as a left winger and put in some great crosses. Plus his pace at this level is blistering.

Charlie is worth his weight in gold, as is Ekotto.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

On train home on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 4547 viewsHollowayRanger

yet again phillips didnt start

for me he gives us more ballance

simple as that for me

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

On train home on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 4550 viewssmegma

We can all be critical on our first half performance and yes we didn't play well, but we kept it 0-0 despite being under the cosh a bit. Huddersfield didnt take their chances. Second half we were far the better team and took our chances when they came. Dunne & Assou -Ekotto were our best players first half and they were joined by Austin, Phillips and Henry second half.Almost forgot, Green also played well. Win our next 2 games and there will be daylight. Bring it on.
On train home on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 4548 viewsQPR_Nippon

Phillips transformed us as an attacking unit when he came on. That 2nd half was for me the most entertaining half of the season (of the games I've been at). Having put up with so much tedium all season the difference was all the starker.

Have to say, Huddersfield played well. That was a vital and well earned three points.
On train home on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 4513 viewsNW5Hoop

On train home on 18:17 - Jan 18 by MedwayR

First half was 4-3-1-2 which left us very open down the flanks, 2nd half switched to 4-4-2 which worked a lot better although we were still open. Prefer 4-4-2 than a five man midfield myself.

Do you think? I sit at pitch level, so it can be hard to see the tactical intricacies, such as there are. But it looked like a narrow 4-4-2 to me, with Henry (in both halves) often dropping so deep as to make it 4-1-3-2. More width in the second, I agree, but only on the one wing.
On train home on 20:06 - Jan 18 with 4415 viewsactonman

The one thing that gets right on my tits is......

Why oh fking why do we have to complete the full half before we make any tactical or personel changes ??

Most games now, we waste a full 45 mins just arsing around causing our selfs problems then look to rectify things after the break !

It does make me wonder about arrys methods
On train home on 20:07 - Jan 18 with 4410 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Phillips and Traore tore it up on the wings. Austin just keeps on trying and worked the first really well himself and pure determination got him the second. Id love to see us start with Traore and Phillips on the wings and Austin plus A N Other Striker up front, I reckon we'd be a real handful and could afford a creative middleman with a defensive anchor dropping from mid to def when needed.
On train home on 20:08 - Jan 18 with 4402 viewsQPR_Nippon

First half was evidence that that particular 11 were unsuited to 4-4-2. I've never felt comfortable with Carroll in midfield in a 4-4-2,. But once Phillips came on the advantages of the system seemed to outweigh the disadvantages. There clearly seems to me to be a trade off - we look more likely both to score and concede playing 4-4-2. It's a tricky one, but a big advantage at this level I suppose that we have a squad of players that can win games with either system.
On train home on 20:11 - Jan 18 with 4386 viewsizlingtonhoop

On train home on 20:06 - Jan 18 by actonman

The one thing that gets right on my tits is......

Why oh fking why do we have to complete the full half before we make any tactical or personel changes ??

Most games now, we waste a full 45 mins just arsing around causing our selfs problems then look to rectify things after the break !

It does make me wonder about arrys methods

I'm considering only getting a half-season ticket in August.
Just the second halves!
On train home on 08:19 - Jan 19 with 4050 viewsCharlie1

On train home on 20:08 - Jan 18 by QPR_Nippon

First half was evidence that that particular 11 were unsuited to 4-4-2. I've never felt comfortable with Carroll in midfield in a 4-4-2,. But once Phillips came on the advantages of the system seemed to outweigh the disadvantages. There clearly seems to me to be a trade off - we look more likely both to score and concede playing 4-4-2. It's a tricky one, but a big advantage at this level I suppose that we have a squad of players that can win games with either system.

Looked more like 4-3-3.

I think half our problem is trying to accommodate the likes of Krancjar. For a player of his talent and ability, he was poor again yesterday. Wherever he plays he makes mistakes. I find him infuriating as I know there is much much more.

On train home on 10:32 - Jan 19 with 3934 viewsMedwayR

On train home on 19:40 - Jan 18 by NW5Hoop

Do you think? I sit at pitch level, so it can be hard to see the tactical intricacies, such as there are. But it looked like a narrow 4-4-2 to me, with Henry (in both halves) often dropping so deep as to make it 4-1-3-2. More width in the second, I agree, but only on the one wing.

It definitely wasn't a flat midfield 4 in the 1st half so possibly a diamond formation, absolutely no width in the 1st half with Simpson & Assou-Ekotto pushing up to give us width allowing Huddersfield to get in behind out wide. Phillips has to start for me.

Poll: Who’s better?

On train home on 10:58 - Jan 19 with 3897 viewsizlingtonhoop

On train home on 08:19 - Jan 19 by Charlie1

Looked more like 4-3-3.

I think half our problem is trying to accommodate the likes of Krancjar. For a player of his talent and ability, he was poor again yesterday. Wherever he plays he makes mistakes. I find him infuriating as I know there is much much more.

Much better from Crunchy yesterday. But definitely infuriating, whatever the stalker might say (comedian was it?).
His two bouts of ridiculous theatricality were embarasing too. The first the ref bought, although it did look like a foul from my seat, but the second the tubby man in yellow was having none of. As I say, embarassing.
On train home on 14:37 - Jan 19 with 3775 viewsHunterhoop

It was all about width (and the lack of!).

First half we were narrow and devoid of options and pace. Second half, with Phillips and then Traore on, we got the ball wide and went at the full backs. We looked a different side. Why we didn't start with both, I have no idea. Austin is at his best when we're putting in crosses for him. It seems we're trying to fit the team around Niko, at the detriment to the rest of the team.

Dunne also had an absolute mare in my book. In the first half in particular, he was so far off the pace. That forward he was marking (not Wells) had the freedom of the pitch in the first 20 mins. Dunne was asleep. He was second to almost everything.

I thought Karl "The Maestro" Henry had a solid game. He was better than Carroll and put in a couple of important tackles.

Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry
Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry,
Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry,
Mon Dieu, Karl Henry!

On train home on 14:53 - Jan 19 with 3742 viewsCharlie1

On train home on 14:37 - Jan 19 by Hunterhoop

It was all about width (and the lack of!).

First half we were narrow and devoid of options and pace. Second half, with Phillips and then Traore on, we got the ball wide and went at the full backs. We looked a different side. Why we didn't start with both, I have no idea. Austin is at his best when we're putting in crosses for him. It seems we're trying to fit the team around Niko, at the detriment to the rest of the team.

Dunne also had an absolute mare in my book. In the first half in particular, he was so far off the pace. That forward he was marking (not Wells) had the freedom of the pitch in the first 20 mins. Dunne was asleep. He was second to almost everything.

I thought Karl "The Maestro" Henry had a solid game. He was better than Carroll and put in a couple of important tackles.

Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry
Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry,
Karl Henry, Mon Dieu!
Karl Henry,
Mon Dieu, Karl Henry!

He (Henry) played well yesterday. I counted two forward passes so excellent return on our investment.

Krancjar is becoming an enigma. His play was at times selfish in first half. He gave the ball away cheaply and his tricks didn't result in much. Then bang a cracking pass or touch. Here's the thing though. He's not fit to lace Adel boots who would do the same throughout a game but would score or create.
It's great and we are fortunate to have the likes of BAE, Carroll, Kranjcar etc because of Harry and knowing each other from Spurs days. It's to our advantage. I do wonder though, if the likes of Kranjcar can get away with things on and off the pitch as they belong to Harry's clique which is fine when winning.

Maybe we missed Barton as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024