Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game tomorrow? 10:58 - Feb 21 with 632 viewsLeadbelly

Rainfall has been limited this week so I'm assuming the game is not under threat but the pitch is bound to be very heavy and will cut up badly. Has anyone seen it this week?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Game tomorrow? on 11:55 - Feb 22 with 576 viewsdurham_exile

Have just spent the last few days in darkest Hampshire, plenty of sunshine but also plenty of rainfall.

Suspect match well and truly on at WHCS.

Come on Col U, three points today against the Lilywhites to get us back on the top six trail.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Game tomorrow? on 12:34 - Feb 22 with 571 viewswessex_exile

Game tomorrow? on 11:55 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Have just spent the last few days in darkest Hampshire, plenty of sunshine but also plenty of rainfall.

Suspect match well and truly on at WHCS.

Come on Col U, three points today against the Lilywhites to get us back on the top six trail.

Up the U's

Durham - 7 home games in the next 9. There's been a few already, but this has to be another season-defining moment - 3pts and we could be on our way to a serious play-off challenge?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Game tomorrow? on 16:36 - Feb 22 with 549 viewsBarsidepete

Holding my breath, ouch.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 16:37]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Game tomorrow? on 08:53 - Feb 23 with 505 viewsdurham_exile

Game tomorrow? on 12:34 - Feb 22 by wessex_exile

Durham - 7 home games in the next 9. There's been a few already, but this has to be another season-defining moment - 3pts and we could be on our way to a serious play-off challenge?

Wessex, I await a more comprehensive take on the game, but a missed penalty, an own goal and a shout of a late penalty denied by the officials unfortunately tells its own story.

We are leaving ourselves a lot to do, but it is not over yet.

We cannot of course have any more foolish sendings off!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Game tomorrow? on 12:27 - Feb 23 with 489 viewsBluenWightExile

It's a lovely muse Durham but Cuckoo farm is not and never has been any kind of fortress...... Yet.

We were architects of our own downfall yet again - it keeps happening. Joe can't quite instill the continuity and consistency we all crave. We don't score enough goals to permit occasional defence lapses so we are usually playing squeaky football.
The weather has been a great pity as our run to Jan 16 did see us play freely and we scored a relief inducing 3 and a 4.
Joe's been understandably unable to keep the pot boiling and our shooting stats from the last three games speak volumes.
We will not know whether there will ever be a cuckoo farm version of the 'layer road effect ' for years I suspect and so I am just hhoping we can avoid the bottom four which we are now closer to than ever so that next season Joe's lads really can begin to bloom. Where is Bonne btw?

Cannot blame the rain totally either. Crawley hadn't played for months til yesterday but still produced even having lost a manager during the monsoon.

I am trying your optimism Durham but my realistic approach keeps getting in the way!!!

Up the U's

Pinault-noir

Game tomorrow? on 21:30 - Feb 23 with 456 viewsgerry_us

Just watched the "highlights" ( you probably all know by now of my long held reservations about our 7 foot goalie not defending at least his 6 yard box), but surely we should not be giving up goals like Preston's first.
If we are not prepared to give Cousins a run in the team then maybe we need to look elsewhere for someone who can at least command the penalty area and control the defenders around him.
Game tomorrow? on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 449 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Game tomorrow? on 21:30 - Feb 23 by gerry_us

Just watched the "highlights" ( you probably all know by now of my long held reservations about our 7 foot goalie not defending at least his 6 yard box), but surely we should not be giving up goals like Preston's first.
If we are not prepared to give Cousins a run in the team then maybe we need to look elsewhere for someone who can at least command the penalty area and control the defenders around him.

Whilst it's debatable whether Walker should have come for that ball on Saturday what isn't up for debate is who's the better keeper out of Walker and Cousins. Walker is one of the main reasons we're still in this division and he'll win us more points than he'll lose us whilst he's here. If you can find ten U's fans who think that Cousins is the better keeper then I'll be extremely surprised.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Game tomorrow? on 10:03 - Feb 24 with 426 viewsgerry_us

Game tomorrow? on 22:43 - Feb 23 by RSCOSWORTH

Whilst it's debatable whether Walker should have come for that ball on Saturday what isn't up for debate is who's the better keeper out of Walker and Cousins. Walker is one of the main reasons we're still in this division and he'll win us more points than he'll lose us whilst he's here. If you can find ten U's fans who think that Cousins is the better keeper then I'll be extremely surprised.

It's probably just me then. Whilst I don't get to see many fixtures I genuinely can't remember a good keeping performance when I have seen him over the past couple of seasons. For a bloke of his size he should be bossing his penalty area but he doesn't. If he did I accept he would be world class...but he isn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Game tomorrow? on 19:16 - Feb 24 with 397 viewswessex_exile

Game tomorrow? on 10:03 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

It's probably just me then. Whilst I don't get to see many fixtures I genuinely can't remember a good keeping performance when I have seen him over the past couple of seasons. For a bloke of his size he should be bossing his penalty area but he doesn't. If he did I accept he would be world class...but he isn't.

Honestly Gerry (accepting you're a paid up member of the Goalie Fraternity, and probably therefore far better qualified than I to comment), I actually can't remember a game I've seen where Sam Walker hasn't effectively saved us points. Of course he has some weaknesses in his game, if he didn't he'd probably still be with Chelsea, but hand on heart from what I've seen he's easily one of the best in our league.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Game tomorrow? on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 375 viewsgerry_us

Game tomorrow? on 19:16 - Feb 24 by wessex_exile

Honestly Gerry (accepting you're a paid up member of the Goalie Fraternity, and probably therefore far better qualified than I to comment), I actually can't remember a game I've seen where Sam Walker hasn't effectively saved us points. Of course he has some weaknesses in his game, if he didn't he'd probably still be with Chelsea, but hand on heart from what I've seen he's easily one of the best in our league.

I give in Wessex; but I will be watching him closely over the next few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024