Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewington leaves 15:07 - Sep 3 with 774 viewsLeadbelly

Contract cancelled by mutual consent. Think I'd rather have seen Parish leaving as he doesn't look good enough to me.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lewington leaves on 17:45 - Sep 3 with 738 viewsgerry_us

Someone else that didn't get on with Humes? He was hardly given a chance and now we are left palpably short in the GK department. I'll get my boots out of the loft.
Am now seriously concerned over Humes stewardship and also that whilst he won't be sacked will he do the right thing and walk away? I think not unfortunately.
Lewington leaves on 18:34 - Sep 3 with 729 viewsbwildered

Was always going to be No 2 while Big Sam was available. However not being picked first choice after enforced injury to Sam thereafter, must have put doubts in his mind when Parish was selected.
Agree with Leadbelly, Parish looks unconvincing, and not being selected for JPT, must have been the final straw, has Dave James lookalike was already on pre match routines last Sat, so must have realised he was not required .
Must be hard travelling around the country awaiting a game through injury or send off, when one wants first team football
Wish him well in his future .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lewington leaves on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 687 viewspwrightsknees

I suspect that Bankole would have been the main influence, if not decision-maker, as to the pecking order of the 'keepers. TH should make sure that the defence has confidence in whoever is picked as that can also affect outfield performance.
Lewington leaves on 20:46 - Sep 4 with 646 viewswessex_exile

Lewington leaves on 18:34 - Sep 3 by bwildered

Was always going to be No 2 while Big Sam was available. However not being picked first choice after enforced injury to Sam thereafter, must have put doubts in his mind when Parish was selected.
Agree with Leadbelly, Parish looks unconvincing, and not being selected for JPT, must have been the final straw, has Dave James lookalike was already on pre match routines last Sat, so must have realised he was not required .
Must be hard travelling around the country awaiting a game through injury or send off, when one wants first team football
Wish him well in his future .

Always difficult for a goal-keeper, when you're fighting for just one position, whereas every other outfield player usually has at least 2 or 3 positional options to offer? Likewise I'm far from convinced by Parish so far, but I do think he's been occasionally harshly done by for opinions on his performance in instances that maybe weren't entirely his fault (e.g. the Scunthorpe free-kick - was he really to blame, or was it perhaps more an excellent free-kick combined with poor performance in the wall?).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024