Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lionel at WHCS tonight 17:02 - Jun 25 with 1107 viewsFruitbat

Looks like it'll be raining.........

...all night long

I'll get me coat.
Lionel at WHCS tonight on 17:10 - Jun 25 with 1106 viewsLeadbelly

Best you do.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 1072 viewswessex_exile

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 17:10 - Jun 25 by Leadbelly

Best you do.

Do they protect the pitch somehow? That can't have been good for it?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 10:24 - Jun 26 with 1072 viewsbwildered

Sailed on up to WHCS, or was it poncho city ? Just like Elton John previously the support act got rained on but the headline act luckily dodged the inclement weather .
All of the many hits performed, plenty of rapport with the crowd by Lionel emphasized by the use of the word, Cold-Chester !

But can someone tell me why the stage is located at the South Stand end ? Is it a logistical reason due to the setting up , because if located at th North Stand end this would free up the plateau area outside the Southstand to United Way which was unavailable, which due to crowd congestion afterwards , led to frustration and potential crushing and panic to all who either wanted to get to buses and those who just wanted to proceed down United Way .
The football club got it wrong in the initial set up when locating to the stadium and I suggest the promoters likewise .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 11:05 - Jun 26 with 1064 viewsDaniel

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 10:24 - Jun 26 by bwildered

Sailed on up to WHCS, or was it poncho city ? Just like Elton John previously the support act got rained on but the headline act luckily dodged the inclement weather .
All of the many hits performed, plenty of rapport with the crowd by Lionel emphasized by the use of the word, Cold-Chester !

But can someone tell me why the stage is located at the South Stand end ? Is it a logistical reason due to the setting up , because if located at th North Stand end this would free up the plateau area outside the Southstand to United Way which was unavailable, which due to crowd congestion afterwards , led to frustration and potential crushing and panic to all who either wanted to get to buses and those who just wanted to proceed down United Way .
The football club got it wrong in the initial set up when locating to the stadium and I suggest the promoters likewise .

I'd guess the stage is put at the south end because the south stand has a smaller capacity and to deflect the sound away from the town.
Lionel at WHCS tonight on 11:50 - Jun 26 with 1056 viewsLeadbelly

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 10:24 - Jun 26 by bwildered

I was out last night. Our taxi driver's previous job was a drop off at WHCS. He predicted chaos for the subsequent pick up and he confirmed this was the case when collecting us from Braintree this morning. He said it has been as bad for previous concerts. Does nobody learn from mistakes anymore?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 12:12 - Jun 26 with 1049 viewsbwildered

The pitch is covered with plastic flooring panels with a fine membrane of holes included , so no sacred turf is seen . Must be enough to let light and rain through for it to survive, but only for a week max .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lionel at WHCS tonight on 20:14 - Jun 27 with 1011 viewsnoah4x4

They don't learn. The same thing happened with Elton John.

They should have instructed people heading for buses and the Boxted Road to exit via the West Stand and those heading for car parks via the East Stand. Instead two massed hoards met in the middle behind the South Stand, where safety barriers collapsed and people might have got hurt in the crush.

Excellent concert, but stewarding was lax. Inconsiderate people from the back (in the cheap seats) were accumulating in the aisles at the front;, hence obstructing the view of those that had bought premium price tickets.

The men's loos also became out of bounds. Full of women not prepared to queue for their own facilities. While on the subject of pi55, Awful Green King IPA at £4.50 a can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024